BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally disagree. Just look at the evidence, his last two games were a 3-0 win against one of the strugglers and a close defeat at Bolton (now comfortably top half) a game we controlled.

We were as strong as ever at home and had picked up a couple of away wins.

An extra six points would see us now well in the top half, you honest believe that under Sam we would not now be around the 40 point mark?

The commentators were picking on Rovers' approach yesterday.

"not much has changed since Allardyce was in charge except the defence lets more goals in and the forwards score less."

There was definitely a shift to long throw-ins and pumped in balls in the second half when we belatedly discovered Blackpool had a terrified midget in goal.

Wow, anything can be spun.

If I only read some of the posts on this this thread, Id be thinking we are 10 points safe, a couple of points from a European spot, with a club owned by philanthropists who saved us from doom when they took over from the old "regime", got a manager in who has made Junior Hoilett prosper so much that he is winning games on his own for us, with our own brand of sexy football. We are also about to put in place a new chairman to rough out the few edges which still need looking at.

Nicko talks about the passion of our fans yesterday and, in part, he has a point.

The main point is, and I've raised before, supporters increasingly find it difficult relating to our club any more.

IMO, there is no relationship with our owners, no relationship with our manager and there will be no relationship with Agnew.

You cannot underestimate these links.

We are, at the moment, a dying football club that is in freefall and it's no good anyone burying their heads in the sand.

IMO, the decisions of our new owners are both appalling and baffling and seem to be getting no better.

Nicko talks about the passion of our fans yesterday and, in part, he has a point.

The main point is, and I've raised before, supporters increasingly find it difficult relating to our club any more.

IMO, there is no relationship with our owners, no relationship with our manager and there will be no relationship with Agnew.

You cannot underestimate these links.

We are, at the moment, a dying football club that is in freefall and it's no good anyone burying their heads in the sand.

IMO, the decisions of our new owners are both appalling and baffling and seem to be getting no better.

I think I have accepted as a bona fide rover, however this 'lack of passion' tag you keep attaching to the rovers fanbase is really peeing me off.

All around me yeaterday there were arguments going on, people with heads in their hands, people almost in tears at half time sitting there in stunned silence, wild celebrations when we scored. A 27000+ crowd at £35 a head as the club lurches from crisis to crisis.

And you have the bloody cheek to say Blackpool fans, supporters who are just enjoying the ride, a fanbase that struggled to muster 8000 crowds at the start of last season show more 'passion', DO ME A FAVOUR!

It is pretty clear from comments after the game that Samba decided to take part in the half time teamtalk, now key thing is that was this in conjunction with Kean or not. If not then we are doomed.

The funny thing was right after the players went off a member of coaching staff chatted with Roberts and he started to warm up like he was about to come on, then about 5 mins later same member of staff came out and had another chat with Roberts and he stopped warming up and just did stretching exercises.

Our fans and English fans generally are not as passionate as we'd like to believe. Only few clubs have non-stop vocal support for 90 minutes in this country and ours become quiet and are out-sung all so often at home games. Ive been to Ewood quite a few times when I've visited the country, and had that feeling and loads of my friends who travel with the away support always say that too. But this is nothing new and has nothing to do with the situation at hand. Rubbish to even bring it up.

I was surprise that not one of the owners was at the game. They needed to show that they are commit to the club whatever division we are in. Time will tell. I wouldn't be surprise if they sold us in the summer

You were suprised at there non-attendance?.....most of us weren't <_<

Some are suprised at the possible appointment of PA?...... WITH THIS LOT IN CHARGE YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE <_<

I think I have accepted as a bona fide rover, however this 'lack of passion' tag you keep attaching to the rovers fanbase is really peeing me off.

All around me yeaterday there were arguments going on, people with heads in their hands, people almost in tears at half time sitting there in stunned silence, wild celebrations when we scored. A 27000+ crowd at £35 a head as the club lurches from crisis to crisis.

And you have the bloody cheek to say Blackpool fans, supporters who are just enjoying the ride, a fanbase that struggled to muster 8000 crowds at the start of last season show more 'passion', DO ME A FAVOUR!

Mattyblue - I think that you've misinterpreted my comments. Yesterday, I felt that it was not the usual vibrant Rovers' support you expect at Ewood when there is a large away following. One of the reasons for that, I suggest, is that slowly but surely it feels like the lifeblood is being sucked out of our club and the supporters are somewhat deflated. That's how I feel and how lots of others feel who I talk to and follow Rovers.

It is pretty clear from comments after the game that Samba decided to take part on the half time teamtalk, now key thing is that was this in conjunction with Kean or not. If not then we are doomed.

The funny thing was right after the players went off a member of coaching staff chatted with Roberts and he started to warm up like he was about to come on, then about 5 mins later same member of staff came out and had another chat with Roberts and he stopped warming up and just did stretching exercises.

Kamy, I really dont care who gets the team roused up. People say Parker did it for West Ham when they came back from 3-0 down. Right now the players need to realize we are in a dire situation with an incompetent manager. So if the manager has to stay, then he has to stay, but every player needs to add 20% extra responsibility to their game.

Lack of passion? I can tell you that watching the game yesterday on telly I went outside of the house sitting and crying for about 5 minutes after Adam's freekick which was described by the commentators as generous and I agree. The penalty decision was horrible. I felt really sorry for myself, all the rovers supporters, steve kean and all the players - because it was really unfair!

I also have to say people forget very quickly. In the beginning of the season we had the margins on our side and these latest games we have had the refs against us. The Fulham penalty was a disgrace and so was the one yesterday. The one thing which matters the most for me was the fact the players showed true spirit and battled hard to get the point yesterday and that was even being down. If there were no real desire in the team we would have seen heads down and no commitment for the rest of the team, but as I saw the game yesterday I saw a team ready to fight to stay in this league and that is comforting.

One poster also mentioned a 3-0 victory against another relegation rival Wolves and a marginal loss at Rebook Stadium as proof that we were much better under Allardyce (I hate to bring this up!)

What about a comforting 6 points against another relegation rival WBA and a very marginal loss against Fulham?

I think I said it is a scandal that there was no 'face' in the director's box for a game like that.

Straight from your mouth nicko,is there anymore to say?.Venky's involvement with our club to date has been near disastrous and may very soon prove to be totally disastrous...you wonder why the fan moral is lower than a rattle snakes arse right now?

:angry:

What is needed is someone to liaise between the owners in India and the club in Blackburn.

You can't have the manager tearing over to India for meetings.

You can't have an empty director's box like yesterday.

You need someone to get the messages across and run the club more efficiently.

Well we did have a chairman of experience but I suspect that was the root cause of Williams leaving. He was being usurped by your boy under orders from the guy who is obviously pulling both his strings and yours too.

I know you have a living to make and your position as a red top reporter depends very much on wheels within wheels but don't come on here anymore pretending that you have the best interests of BRFC at heart and that everybody who has an alternative point of view is an imbecile will you?

btw what is the Scottish definition of efficiency? It obviously differs wildly from mine.

As a press officer at least Agnew should give a damn good "presser".

Kean and Agnew instead of Allardyce and Williams: it's like letting the management of Poundstretcher run Rolls Royce.

More of those wheels within wheels again.

It is pretty clear from comments after the game that Samba decided to take part in the half time teamtalk, now key thing is that was this in conjunction with Kean or not. If not then we are doomed.

If Samba played a role in the team talk at half time, so be it. It is good to see his passion for the club back. After all he did allow his head to be turned for awhile earlier in the season. Whoever gave the talk, Kean or Samba, it worked and showed the players wer backing either Kean or Samba and working together.

Possible scenario is. Roberts may have been warming up due to possible injury to RSC - medical staff checked him out, said he was ok. Hence not bringing Roberts on at HT.

With regards to Agnew maybe becoming the the new chairman. As I know nowt about the bloke, I can not really give thumbs up or down. I am aware he has been at the club for quite awhile. Is it possible Tom Finn wasn't interested? New owners come in with new ideas (many strange ones) maybe this is another time to wait and see what happens.

Nicko back like the horseman of the apocalypse

Sorry philipl bit much in my view. Right or wrong in his opinion, surely he is allowed to post it. I don't think he deserves the insults / abuse for posting a contary opinion.

In my eyes, Venkys are not our owners.

Spec savers may help you !!!!!!!!

Like it or not they are the owners of Blackburn Rovers football club - if they are not who is?

then why not appoint Tom Finn???

Kean said in his interview with Radio lancs that Tom Finn was more involved within the club recently. He would know alot of people within the PL and the FA.

I would guess this signals the end of Tom Finn's association with BRFC chaddy. But just cos Tom Finn was JW's right hand man does not mean he would make a good chairman. How many times do we see assistant managers fail when they finally get a managers job? Life is like the Army, some people are Generals, some are Lieutenents and some are footsoldiers.

However Venkeys management seem to have convinced themselves that the footsoldiers can easily be swiftly converted into Generals... just so long as they appear to think a lot, hang around in the office after dark, and most of all COME CHEAP.

Just as an aside how many times do members from Blackburn hear the words "ees better, ees cheaper" when considering making a purchase in some local store? :rolleyes: Let me tell you it very rarely works out that way. One invariably gets what one pays for in this life, or put another way 'pay peanuts, get monkeys'.

Sorry philipl bit much in my view. Right or wrong in his opinion, surely he is allowed to post it. I don't think he deserves the insults / abuse for posting a contary opinion.

Spec savers may help you !!!!!!!!

Like it or not they are the owners of Blackburn Rovers football club - if they are not who is?

To be fair no one was abused more than Philipl for months.

Nicko are you saying that we didn't play much more direct football in the second half?

I assume you still think Kean has 'got something'?

Did not the situation not dictate the more direct football. But it appeared to me that the second half was the same tactics / style as the first 20 minutes. Though I do believe Phil Jones coming on did help matters.

To be fair no one was abused more than Philipl for months.

Agreed, which was also wrong.

Guest linganzi

Nixon can have his opinion , but quite a lot of people knew about agnew weeks ago, and he comes on here touting it as good news and still trying to tell us of the wonders of kean , when we deal with this and what is happening day In day out

I'm not that bothered about the opinions of a casual observer making money out of us

I would guess this signals the end of Tom Finn's association with BRFC chaddy. But just cos Tom Finn was JW's right hand man does not mean he would make a good chairman. How many times do we see assistant managers fail when they finally get a managers job? Life is like the Army, some people are Generals, some are Lieutenents and some are footsoldiers.

However Venkeys management seem to have convinced themselves that the footsoldiers can easily be swiftly converted into Generals... just so long as they appear to think a lot, hang around in the office after dark, and most of all COME CHEAP.

Just as an aside how many times do members from Blackburn hear the words "ees better, ees cheaper" when considering making a purchase in some local store? :rolleyes: Let me tell you it very rarely works out that way. One invariably gets what one pays for in this life, or put another way 'pay peanuts, get monkeys'.

Like Kean??? :lol::lol::lol:

Like I say, the usual crap.

Several months? I wish.

I came on to throw more light on the story. Shoudn't have bothered.

I think some people enjoy stumbling around in the dark.

Really? I don't rem anybody asking you to. Forgive me but I view this as just another step in somebody's grand plan and that you are doing this under orders sorry instruction, just as you were when you tried to calm troubled waters when you gushed way too loudly over Steve Kean's marvelous presser.

Archived