BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

To be fair no one was abused more than Philipl for months.

Nickos stories have been spot on, presenting rumours as facts have caused some backlash against Phillip- abused is a strong word. Body language of owners being sat far apart from JW and funding being cut for community projects being two of many examples of this.

Really? I don't rem anybody asking you to. Forgive me but I view this as just another step in somebody's grand plan and that you are doing this under orders sorry instruction, just as you were when you tried to calm troubled waters when you gushed way too loudly over Steve Kean's marvelous presser.

Nicko has expanded on his stories in the press for YEARS on this MB did not hear complaints before...bar some exceptions obviously,, let me guess Sherlock I am a Nickoteen who is on the Venkys payroll?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry philipl bit much in my view. Right or wrong in his opinion, surely he is allowed to post it. I don't think he deserves the insults / abuse for posting a contary opinion.

What goes around, comes around.

Nickos stories have been spot on, presenting rumours as facts have caused some backlash against Phillip- abused is a strong word. Body language of owners being sat far apart from JW and funding being cut for community projects being two of many examples of this.

Do you not see the truth behind incidents like "sitting apart" now that we can look back in hindsight?

Nixon can have his opinion , but quite a lot of people knew about agnew weeks ago, and he comes on here touting it as good news and still trying to tell us of the wonders of kean , when we deal with this and what is happening day In day out

I'm not that bothered about the opinions of a casual observer making money out of us

I heard about Agnew sometime ago, but. As I said earlier, I do not know enough about Agnew to have a valid opinion. But until I see what he does or does not do I cannot give him the thumbs up or down. Do any of us really know for a fact if he would be a good chairman or a bad one. Until he is in the chair and doing the job, we will never know. For me it is a case of wait and see.

I was stunned by the level of backing - and excitement - from the Blackpool end. I thought the Rovers fans were subdued and to turn on the manager was shameful. It got better in the second half.

Getaway. Rovers fans subdued? Wonder why on earth that would be?

Could it be finding themselves deeply embroiled in a relegation battle and adrift by a mile at the bottom of the Prem form table when there was simply no earthly need to be? None. As supporters we've had nothing to grasp but the shittyend of the stick for 4-5 months.

Quote nicko...

"I'm not convinced about formica, he appears to have been forced upon us

I PREFER TO JUDGE PLAYERS AFTER THEY HAVE PLAYED. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYONE WHO IS HAPPY HE IS NOT FIT TO PLAY YET. APART FROM THOSE WHO LIKE CHEAP SHOTS."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly is the nature of Formica's injury problem Alan?

I will comment on the game I saw yesterday...

Kean came out with a plan to get at their centre halves and keeper with high balls and set-pieces. It was working as Blackpool could not get out until they were given a penalty and then scored from a free kick.

The game you saw? Isn't that what Allardyce was supposedly sacked for? Only difference being that SA would most likely have played our best crosser and set piece taker rather than have him sitting on his arse on the bench for 78 minutes.

Please stop twisting things to suit your agenda. You are fooling no one.

Having been contacted by some suits this week I've tried to stop posting for a while.

Just be wary of posters on the payroll.

I think I know who they are and like our excuse for a manager, will be unable to gain trust from their peers ever again!!

I heard about Agnew sometime ago, but. As I said earlier, I do not know enough about Agnew to have a valid opinion. But until I see what he does or does not do I cannot give him the thumbs up or down. Do any of us really know for a fact if he would be a good chairman or a bad one. Until he is in the chair and doing the job, we will never know. For me it is a case of wait and see.

By that logic they should give me the position!

I think I know who they are and like our excuse for a manager, will be unable to gain trust from their peers ever again!!

Couple of scary posts there from you and BPF!!

Having been contacted by some suits this week I've tried to stop posting for a while.

Just be wary of posters on the payroll.

What a way for the new regime to operate.

Just about sums-up how far our once proud club has fallen.

Is it any wonder that many supporters have lost feeling for the club.

Whether we stay-up or not, expect season ticket sales to dive.

What a way for the new regime to operate.

Wooooooooooah, before we start any "supporters on the payroll" or "fans threatened to keep quiet" rumours, everyone should realise that nobody has actually accused anyone of anything here.I spend my life talking to people in suits and refereeing a bunch of people who like upsetting the club and Venky's and nobody has asked me to be quiet (well, not recently and not in relation to this site anyway ;) ).

Ok, to sum up.

Everyone knew about Paul Agnew being in line to be new chairman.

Right...

And Agnew has been to India.

Right...

And Agnew is part of a worldwide chicken-farming conspiracy.

Fine...

And there are men in suits about.

Would they be white suits by any chance?

Ok, to sum up.

Everyone knew about Paul Agnew being in line to be new chairman.

Right...

And Agnew has been to India.

Right...

And Agnew is part of a worldwide chicken-farming conspiracy.

Fine...

And there are men in suits about.

Would they be white suits by any chance?

More like men in S.S suits trying to repress those who are rightfully concerned at how messed up this club is right now.

Jisty and Mattyblue - I think you have made some fantastic points, I just wish I was feeling lucid enough to put together any sort of arguement about these latest revelations. I can only say I heard much of this 2-3 weeks ago, the names, and more, associated with the latest revelation from Nicko. All the names I heard three weeks ago are mentioned in this thread.

Nicko I must say I'm very unhappy with your position on this message board. You are a journalist, fair enough it's how you earn your living. In this thread, and repeatedly on others you have:

Insulted the entire Rovers support - this thread only

Repeatedly insulted any member of this board who disagrees with you, ponders the club's position and does not see it as positive

Supported actions at the club which everyone can see threaten the long term future of Blackburn Rovers

Report only stories which show the current ownership in a positive light

Fail to report on any of the less positive aspects of events since the takeover

For me your contribution as journalist on the MB has to be questioned. I have asked you before, as have others, and you always avoid the question - why are you here? If you have a valid reason that's fine, if you are using the MB for other purposes this seems entirely wrong to me.

Archived