BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Sam had been there and done it. Because coyle has a track record! Christ on a bike nicko, how can you even type this stuff!

Sam was left with a crap hand this season because there was no money. There is no guarantee the results would have been any better if he had stayed.

Suddenly Sam has become a better manager since being bumped...and he got paid off in full.

It probably did him a favour.

Coyley had no experience of England until Burnley gave him a chance. He had no experience of a relegation fight until he went to Bolton.

If you are good you succeed...if you are not you get sacked.

I think Steve Kean has got a chance of being a manager. He took time to learn his trade - something one predecessor never did. He also saw the problems when he first came in and sorted the uncertainty. It was how managers should behave.

Since then the results went steadily and have since dipped.

I hadn't seen Rovers since the excellent performance against West Brom until yesterday's game. The change was significant on and off the pitch.

There is tension in the team. The atmosphere was tense and has been stirred by some of the garbage that has been around.

I can only speak from my own experience of supporting a team. I never booed them once during a game. At the end, maybe. Afterwards, if a manager or board wanted hounding they would get it. You don't turn as fast as that yesterday in my book - especially when the first goal is a shocker by the ref.

It's not new and it's not unique to turn on managers or players. I recall Big Sam being booed several times last season. It was wrong the and it's wrong now.

I also recall a run last season that was far worse than the current one.

But that seems to have been forgotten.

Oh, and Bolton got two points from six games at the start of year.

And they are managed by the best young boss in the business.

Don't remember their fans spitting the dummy.

Everton also started bad this season - whu were a joke. yet both now playing better having stuck with their managers. Not saying that is what Rovers should do. though being just 8 games left, may have to do so.

Sam was left with a crap hand this season because there was no money. There is no guarantee the results would have been any better if he had stayed.

Suddenly Sam has become a better manager since being bumped...and he got paid off in full.

It probably did him a favour.

Coyley had no experience of England until Burnley gave him a chance. He had no experience of a relegation fight until he went to Bolton.

If you are good you succeed...if you are not you get sacked.

No Sam is exatly the same manager as before, a manager that has never been relegated, a manger perfect for a club of our budget, a manager that had a fantastic home record and a manager that would have had us 7th if we had won the game we dominated against the White Brazillans.

Don't even try and compare Sam with that imposter.

No Sam is exatly the same manager as before, a manager that has never been relegated, a manger perfect for a club of our budget, a manager that had a fantastic home record and a manager that would have had us 7th if we had won the game we dominated against the White Brazillans.

Don't even try and compare Sam with that imposter.

Is this the same Sam who got booed from our own fans for telling diouf to head to the corner when we were winning 3-0 against Wolves ?

Is this the same Sam who used to get slated from the press for playing the long ball game, the same press who now hope we now get relegated because of how he was treated ?

Maybe if all this Big Sam loving was around when he was actually in charge he might not have got the boot.

Is this the same Sam who got booed from our own fans for telling diouf to head to the corner when we were winning 3-0 against Wolves ?

Is this the same Sam who used to get slated from the press for playing the long ball game, the same press who now hope we now get relegated because of how he was treated ?

Maybe if all this Big Sam loving was around when he was actually in charge he might not have got the boot.

I'm with you on the fans rob!

However, feck the press, they will move on to something else soon enough.

Many of the older posters on this messageboard have spent a lifetime following this club. I started when we were a top club in the early sixties, and have followed the club down to the depths of the Third Division and back to winning the Premier League. After 50 years of support if you are now telling me I can't have an opinion about the present circus, I think you're out of order. As for supporting the manager, I'll support him in the same way he supported Allardyce and MacDonald - he seemed to climb over them to get the top job with indecent haste to many supporters. Kean wanted the job but look at the form table. Two points from the last six games. He might give a good presser, he clearly talks a good game as Mrs. Desai has confirmed, but he sure as hell hasn't won many points up to date. The last time I looked a manager was judged on results not because one of his pals in the Press thinks he gives a good presser. How many points did we get for Saturday's presser?

With regard to nicko, he is a professional journalist. He is paid to watch and write about Rovers matches amongst others. The supporters he opts to insult actually pay money to watch the club. If the Rovers fold tomorrow it will not be of any interest to nicko once he has got a story or two out of it. To the many supporters of this club if the the Rovers were relegated it would be devastating. It's the difference between being a supporter and a journalist.

The reason I am so angry about what has happened to this club over the past few months is because it has been a large part of my life for the past fifty years. If you think I'm going to apologise for having an opinion about the ability of the guy who is presently employed as manager think again. And let's not believe that Venky's are another Jack Walker. Venky's have bought the club to help improve their business. It is nothing more than a marketing tool for them pure and simple. Do you honestly believe that Mrs Desai was as devastated as most Rovers fans were yesterday at dropping two vital points to Blackpool? Will we see Mrs Desai at the remaining matches this season? How many games has she actually attended - just the one.

Thanks once again, the voice of sanity in a turbulent football world.

I'm of the impression that Sam was given his cards not because of his football style but of a financial decision. So this blather of SA falling out with VH & SK taking the opportunity doesn't wash with me no matter how it's dressed up. SK is a cheap option, one who'll cost a lot. And that wiseguy, coming on here, trying to soft-soap us??

Nicko

When are you going to retract the lie that Venky's are a worth billions? When are you going to admit that the many posters on here that could read their accounts were right and you were wrong? Pathetic journalism from a feeble journalist.

Oh Venky's and Paul flaming Agnew do know football, do they?

Come off it!

He puts together the programme and is the club's press officer FFS!

Tell me ANY Premier League football club (or any club from any sport for that matter) that would employ such a person as club Chairman!

Complete amateurism that I just wouldn't have thought possible just THREE MONTHS ago.

He'd be another yes-man.

No-one else would give him a job at that level.

I have never read you calling venky's great or good. The only thing I recall you saying about kean was that you were impressed by one of his press conferences and rovers 'might' have discovered a gem.

The start was good, but in my opinion, I think things got worse for Kean from the moment Jensen got appointed.

to me it's crazy to blame Jensen, Kean hired him anyway.

Nicko

When are you going to retract the lie that Venky's are a worth billions? When are you going to admit that the many posters on here that could read their accounts were right and you were wrong? Pathetic journalism from a feeble journalist.

Back again? Why dont you post the SAME post that you make and then leave it at that in the Venkys thread- it gets tiresome after a while, this is the Rovers New Chairman thread.

7. No flaming

Board members must refrain from posting anything that is designed to insult or provoke others, regardless of subject. Similarly, whilst we ask members to take care with spelling and grammar, we also discourage members from drawing attention to the spelling and grammatical errors of others.

Five points of relegation compared to one is not a hell of a lot further off is it?

Well its enough isn't it? This argument keeps coming up and it still makes no sense. Last throw of the dice from the Sam-haters I think.

If we'd accumulated points at the same rate s sam did that 5 points would be bigger now wouldn't it?

And we'd be all but mathematically safe.

I'm of the impression that Sam was given his cards not because of his football style but of a financial decision. So this blather of SA falling out with VH & SK taking the opportunity doesn't wash with me no matter how it's dressed up. SK is a cheap option, one who'll cost a lot. And that wiseguy, coming on here, trying to soft-soap us??

They had to pay him off though.

Back again? Why dont you post the SAME post that you make and then leave it at that in the Venkys thread- it gets tiresome after a while, this is the Rovers New Chairman thread.

7. No flaming

Board members must refrain from posting anything that is designed to insult or provoke others, regardless of subject. Similarly, whilst we ask members to take care with spelling and grammar, we also discourage members from drawing attention to the spelling and grammatical errors of others.

Enough said.

imy9. Are you with the supporters and our feelings? or against us?

What makes you think that I am against the supporters (of which I am one)?

This is a MB and I have vocalized an opinion, following the masses of sheep has never really been my thing.

Imy9. This isn't personal. A poster/journalist has led us a merry dance over the take-over, management change & now a new chairman and you question spansterkid over his post?

Only one is a supporter, the other is making his living.

What makes you think that I am against the supporters (of which I am one)?

This is a MB and I have vocalized an opinion, following the masses of sheep has never really been my thing.

Nicko deserves bringing to task about his misuse of this message board and, in my humble opinion, he is a terrible, terrible 'journalist'.

Archived