BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

Oh come on everybody do you really believe what you read in the paperS! its likely that agnew wont even be considered and nicko has plucked this out of mid air.

i assume this is a lot of nonsense and we (myself inclluded) will look back at this in a few weeks or months and laugh at ourselves and how much time weve wasted on something that is likely never to happen!

i could say alan shearer is gonna be the next manager and im sure we'd debate it doesnt mean its gonna happen though does it. wasting time.

Many people had heard about this weeks ago- it was amazing it took so long to reach the papers.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people had heard about this weeks ago- it was amazing it took so long to reach the papers.

Whys nothing happened since all those weeks ago then? Why dont we have a chairman if the decisions had already been made seems a bit foolish to me.

Or its a load of twoddle. id say that is more likely just another paper stirrin something up,

Oh come on everybody do you really believe what you read in the paperS! its likely that agnew wont even be considered and nicko has plucked this out of mid air.

i assume this is a lot of nonsense and we (myself inclluded) will look back at this in a few weeks or months and laugh at ourselves and how much time weve wasted on something that is likely never to happen!

i could say alan shearer is gonna be the next manager and im sure we'd debate it doesnt mean its gonna happen though does it. wasting time.

Yes you're right actually, the very idea that Venky's might make a shocking staffing decision is impossible.

It really is.

I cannot believe how obvious he is about it.

His quote was a direct answer to this question:

Mr Agnew, why should we give you the job?

“I have been a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan and I’ve been involved with the club for a long time dating back to when I had a season ticket as a schoolboy. I’ve been in charge of the press operations at the club for 14 years and I’ve championed the case for further improving communication, which I think is a very important (quality in a chairman)."

In that case Big John Pittard's a shoe in for the job.

I also recall a run last season that was far worse than the current one.

But that seems to have been forgotten.

Probably because it didn't happen. Form by most outlets is regarded as the last 6 games so I went to the trouble of compiling this for you Mr Journalist.....

tabled.jpg

At our worse, after the City Game we'd averaged 0.5 points over 6 games. Kean has averaged 0.3 points in his last 6 games.

Whys nothing happened since all those weeks ago then? Why dont we have a chairman if the decisions had already been made seems a bit foolish to me.

Or its a load of twoddle. id say that is more likely just another paper stirrin something up,

Without naming names I received a PM about agnew at the beginning of march 2011, ( sorry more than one pm, just checked my messages) being the possible the next chairman. It is not a name just plucked out of the air by a newspaper reporter.

This I also can confirm.

Probably because it didn't happen. Form by most outlets is regarded as the last 6 games so I went to the trouble of compiling this for you Mr Journalist.....

tabled.jpg

At our worse, after the City Game we'd averaged 0.5 points over 6 games. Kean has averaged 0.3 points in his last 6 games.

Check the form from the Bolton win onwards...

No wins, five draws, four defeats.

There was a slump.

I blame Venky's.

Check the form from the Bolton win onwards...

No wins, five draws, four defeats.

There was a slump.

I blame Venky's.

Wasn't Sam ill at that point though, have a feeling he was not at the Bolton game and was recovering from surgery !! I still blame Venkys !!

Wasn't Sam ill at that point though, have a feeling he was not at the Bolton game and was recovering from surgery !! I still blame Venkys !!

Neil McDonald was in charge for the win at Bolton and a couple of games after.

Bad runs happen.

But I blame Venky's.

Huge difference between a bad run under a competent and proven manager and a bad run under a clearly clueless nobody, who needs to rely on his players to perform half-time teamtalks.

The former we were always going to come through it, the latter we're likely to be relegated as a result.

It seems that all the proverbial, that many people think exists and will emerge (see Myles Anderson thread), will soon start to hit the fan.

Would suggest we install the best defence lawyer in the business.

Judging by previous appointments I am expecting Spit for lead council with Chaddy as understudy.

Unless there is anybody out there who'll cost less.

I'm sure that it wont be long before 'arte et labore' will be replaced with 'eesbetta eescheepa' as our motto.

Huge difference between a bad run under a competent and proven manager and a bad run under a clearly clueless nobody, who needs to rely on his players to perform half-time teamtalks.

The former we were always going to come through it, the latter we're likely to be relegated as a result.

say that now but I bet nobody on the board was saying that after nearly 10 games without a win, we were probably calling for his head.

say that now but I bet nobody on the board was saying that after nearly 10 games without a win, we were probably calling for his head.

I recall the time very well. I called for something to be done by the board at the time. Cash wise.

I must admit, to my shame, that I also called for 442 and not to play longballs.

Some were wishing the manager dead however.

Archived