BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Agnew knows the club as well as anyone. He has been there for a decade - or so.

He also works with the manager and the players.

Those with longer memories will recall John Williams had NO football knowledge before he took the post.

Best man for the job. Agnew is not the best man for it. JW may not have had a background in football but he had a very good understanding of business and negotiating, key skills for a chairman.

Why not give it to fevre, he knows the players better and is always involved in on the pitch affairs. I jest but those facts are no reason to give him the job.

The short answer is venky's have no money, or don't want to, to put into bringing in a new body that would do a better job.

It's very easy to blame the owners.

Why because it is their fault? They have taken us from midtable to relegation candidates in a matter of months.

What's with all the pro-Venky's stuff Nicko? Any independant person can see the damage they are doing to our club, other fans think we are a joke.

Nickos default position ever since Venky's came on board has been 'don't forget the Trust left you with Benjani'

He ignores the fact that we would not have been anywhere near the relegation places with Sam and that the club would still be running smoothly if Venky's had have stayed relatively 'hands off' till the summer.

If we go down it is because the Trust sold us down the river to a bunch of complete amateurs, a situation Keano has used to his advantage.

The fact you try and paint us as hysterical doom merchants nicko when the facts are clear to see makes your agenda clear.

When I first heard the rumours about Agnew, like many on here, totally shocked but he does seem to have been more instrumental in things over the last few days or so.

Might have PNE CEO on his CV but Paul Ince has PL manager on his !

Nicko mentioned a second name, well I've heard one, and if it's the same one, 99.9% on this MB wont have heard of him and it really will be a case of who ?

Upshot of all this is the very likely imminent departure of Tom Finn who must be totally p1ssed-off.

Nicko.

I respect what you write, and would like to ask you a couple questions.

In your opinion do you think Venky's are in it for the long haul? Do they have any plans to develop the club? Should Rovers go down, would they walk away?

Thanks.

He ignores the fact that we would not have been anywhere near the relegation places with Sam and that the club would still be running smoothly if Venky's had have stayed relatively 'hands off' till the summer.

With all due respect you don't know that for sure.

It was obvious early on this season that it would have been tougher this year due to the parity between sides around the bottom resulting in no 'these are clearly the three worst teams in the league, therefore they go down" situation. My gut feeling is Sam might have kept us up but it would have been a hell of a lot closer than last season, and a top half finish would have been completely out of our reach.

On Agnew possibly being appointed that's clearly due to the owners wanting to be more hands on and make the day to day decisions. Its a complete contrast to what the Walkers did as they didn't give a toss about the club and were happy to let John Williams run the show (which he did overall a pretty decent job at).

And it is a total certainty that Rovers would be in the same hole if the previous owners had still been in charge and signing no-one in the window.

You're talking out of your backside. Look at the facts, we were a hell of a lot further away from the relegation zone at the point when we lost Allardyce than we are now - and we pretty much had the same players. It's not like any of our new signings have made a massive impact, like you said. Look at Allardyce's track record and you'd know we wouldn't be in a relegation battle under him. Look at our previous owners and you'd know that Allardyce would still be in charge now under them, and that Steve Kean would never have come close to getting the managers job here, no matter what happened.

I don't understand what's in it for you, to spout so much bull and to try and big up everything that is going on at our club. It is imploding at a drastic rate, but you're claiming we're better off. We might have more funds and we might come out of it, but so far the takeover has been nothing short of disastrous.

I don't believe you're an idiot, you must see it, so what's with the lies? Sugar coating everything won't help you to sell more papers, so what is the agenda? There must be one, because all you've done is talk utter drivel since the takeover. You've become an utter joke.

Tactics changed in the 2nd half and I don't think that was down to Kean!

Balls. On both counts.

You're talking out of your backside. Look at the facts, we were a hell of a lot further away from the relegation zone at the point when we lost Allardyce than we are now - and we pretty much had the same players. It's not like any of our new signings have made a massive impact, like you said. Look at Allardyce's track record and you'd know we wouldn't be in a relegation battle under him. Look at our previous owners and you'd know that Allardyce would still be in charge now under them, and that Steve Kean would never have come close to getting the managers job here, no matter what happened.

I don't understand what's in it for you, to spout so much bull and to try and big up everything that is going on at our club. It is imploding at a drastic rate, but you're claiming we're better off. We might have more funds and we might come out of it, but so far the takeover has been nothing short of disastrous.

I don't believe you're an idiot, you must see it, so what's with the lies? Sugar coating everything won't help you to sell more papers, so what is the agenda? There must be one, because all you've done is talk utter drivel since the takeover. You've become an utter joke.

I think I said before that there have beem mistakes.

At all levels.

I think I said it is a scandal that there was no 'face' in the director's box for a game like that.

Perhaps you missed that bit.

Keep up.

Agnew + Kean = the rapid disintegration of Blackburn Rovers.

The news that Agnew has been to Pune has been around for quite a while now.

If he ran a half decent PR operation I would have been more impressed but his PR operation is pretty poor. The BBC Radio Pravda (Lancashire) put up job which found some pliant fans for SK to talk to is the Gaddafi-esque future we can look forwards to as the other clubs' tomahawks crash around our tenuous hold on Premier League status.

With all due respect you don't know that for sure.

It was obvious early on this season that it would have been tougher this year due to the parity between sides around the bottom resulting in no 'these are clearly the three worst teams in the league, therefore they go down" situation. My gut feeling is Sam might have kept us up but it would have been a hell of a lot closer than last season, and a top half finish would have been completely out of our reach.

Totally disagree. Just look at the evidence, his last two games were a 3-0 win against one of the strugglers and a close defeat at Bolton (now comfortably top half) a game we controlled.

We were as strong as ever at home and had picked up a couple of away wins.

An extra six points would see us now well in the top half, you honest believe that under Sam we would not now be around the 40 point mark?

Balls. On both counts.

Might be your opinion but many will disagree with you on that one.

Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't see one long throw in the first half or one launch by Robinson into their box. Even Kean thought we played "excellent football" in the first 20 minutes.

There is no doubt, things changed big style at half time.

Five points of relegation compared to one is not a hell of a lot further off is it? The rest of the post does not justify a response IMO.

In the context of the points available and games played it is an enormous difference imy9.

Think you will have to do better than that to keep your spirits up whistling in the hurricane.

I merely pointed out a fact rather than an overblown statement. Another fact is that destiny is in our hands and we have players in the squad who have been through a relegation battle.

Yes we've played poorly in the past, yes Kean has looked out of his depth at times, yes his new signings have not made the impact that we are looking for BUT we are not out of this, not by a long way, so let's roll our sleeves up stop talking about a man who no longer has any ties with Blackburn and be the 12th man on the pitch for our boys.

I just hope that the owners will sell us in the summer whatever division we are in. Why were they in the director's box support the team. It proves how important we are to them!!! I bet we DO NOT SEE them for the rest of the season.

We should have never got rid of Big Sam and John Williams. simply as that.

Rovers would have never been in this position under Big Sam and John Williams.

Kean is NOT the right manager for us. has to go!!! The premier League is not the league to learn your managerial skills.

Archived