BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just seemed like you were dragging them down a peg for what I presume is just unrealistic and sensationalistic journalism. I agree the targets were unrealistic...however...

If they were/are genuine attempts then no harm trying. It's their money. The only reason the pursuit of Ronaldinho was portrayed as naive is because we're Rovers. If Everton or Villa made the attempt the media wouldn't be able to climb far enough up inside 'em.

It is their money obviously and their judgement for good or ill.The problem might be that, since they don't have unlimited funds, most of it will go on a "marquee" signing (ugh) and the basic problems won't be addressed because there will be no money for them.

I'd prefer a sound left-back and 2 good central mid-fielders. I think we'd be rocking with that.

Is Juninho still playing? If he could stand living in 'Boro, then maybe... just maybe...

Oh, no, wait. He's about 300 years old now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been completely made up by a journo who thought there was still some milage in taking the mick out of our potential January targets because he's nothing better to write about.

This bit....

"Kaka, though, has suffered a long-term injury, and it's well known that Jose Mourinho, should he stay, would listen to a bid for Kaka," said the source of their main target. "Of course, Jose might not be at Madrid, and Kaka might prefer Chelsea, maybe Chelsea will still be keen to throw money at the big names again."

Worse use of the word "might" ever!

Whilst their PR about what is actually going on at the club is not very good there is no doubt that our new owners have cracked it in terms of using the club as a free publicity machine for Venkys. Simply find a tame journalist or two, drop a few 'star' names into the frame and await the results. Suddenly we are linked with Beckham, Ronaldinho and Kaka and Venkys have the sort of publicity that would normally cost a fortune and they get it for free. No wonder John Williams walked away from the circus.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Blackpool's win puts them level on points as we become increasingly engaged in a relegation battle. If it all goes wrong, and the worst happens, I wonder if Kaka will fancy a midweek trip away to Scunthorpe on a wet and windy night in November?

Whilst their PR about what is actually going on at the club is not very good there is no doubt that our new owners have cracked it in terms of using the club as a free publicity machine for Venkys. Simply find a tame journalist or two, drop a few 'star' names into the frame and await the results. Suddenly we are linked with Beckham, Ronaldinho and Kaka and Venkys have the sort of publicity that would normally cost a fortune and they get it for free. No wonder John Williams walked away from the circus.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Blackpool's win puts them level on points as we become increasingly engaged in a relegation battle. If it all goes wrong, and the worst happens, I wonder if Kaka will fancy a midweek trip away to Scunthorpe on a wet and windy night in November?

Well said Parsonblue, as the saying goes, reality used to be a friend of mine especially true of our present day Blackburn Rovers.

As each month passes by theres going to be a lot of apologies heading philipl's way.

I think the owners will stick with SK as manager. Kean will go along with what the owners say and will allow them to sign a marquee player then it is up to Kean to fit him into the team and style of play that suits him and the players.

I know who I would want as manager if I was the owner. but i'm not!

Venkys won't get Kaka for the Rovers with Kean as a manager. If they were serious, they'd hire Hiddink or Mourinho then we might get the 'big' name.

Venkys might get a Brazlian up and comer on lucrative wages, though. I would count myself satisfied if that were the case, and if Kean started getting his points per game average north of 1.2.

Venkys won't get Kaka for the Rovers with Kean as a manager. If they were serious, they'd hire Hiddink or Mourinho then we might get the 'big' name.

Venkys might get a Brazlian up and comer on lucrative wages, though. I would count myself satisfied if that were the case, and if Kean started getting his points per game average north of 1.2.

I agree with this. why not get Claudio Ranieri as manager. He would be able to attract a big name. But i do not want DM as manager tho!!!

I personally think that rovers are better signing youung coming players than a marquee signing. The owners only want a supersatr from south America for to expand the venky's brand over there.

Guest roverspogges

I thought we did pretty well in the Jan window ( at the time ) and was willing to put all that Ronnie and Beckham stuff down to naivety but its obvious they have no clue what they're doing. Venkys are a joke and I feel like a mug for defending them in the past. If they could they would rename the club Venkys f.c and I'm not even saying that in jest.

It is becoming increasingly clear that the majority of supporters have lost faith in Venkys and in many instances the same can be said of Steve Kean, it is sad that these people have taken over our club, have divided the supporters and I do know of a few people who will be exchanging their Season Tickets next year for ones at Accy Stanley (assuming Stanley sort out their money problems)

I am not going to moan about this, being linked with big players is a good thing, signing them is the main aim but its better being linked with Kaka then Paul Dickov or Keith Andrews standard players.

All this we are a small town, who cares? if you have financial backing then you are as big as anyone.

This summer they have to prove it.

Archived