BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Questions for Kean

The pull of fame stretches the scruples.

Andrews is dire.

Kean virtually demands questions asked.

We are in a spin without an experianced pilot.

None of this was addressed.

Planted fans for a planted manager with copious amounts of organic fertilizer direct from the moderators mouth.

Should have talked about the catering, at least that wouldn't be a thinly vield masquerade.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah they didn't ask any hard questions tbf.

we need a experience manager and quickly. Kean was the wrong appointment at that stage. we should ahve kept Big Sam to the end of then season then the owners had a choice whether to extended his contract or let him leave and get their own man in. I think the owners have been given bad advise and personally think that the owners should be listening to TF and the rovers board.

appointed Tom Finn has chairman and let appoint a proper manager.

those two rovers fans in the studio, just agree with Kean said

What a stage managed load of claptrap.

Those two stooges, if you are members on here- unmask and explain yourselves.

Would be interesting to hear the views of the two In the studio. Apologies that much of this has been covered earlier.

They sat with Steve Kean for an hour without asking him the important questions such as WHY he continues to play Keith Andrews when he is clearly out of form and lacking in confidence. They couldn't have been more on (club) message, towing the Rovers party line and unchallenging if they were called Venky or Finn. I'm frustrated and disappointed in equal measure. Why wasn't Kean asked why all the extra defensive training and video watching has failed so consistently since his appointment? Or how players that were playing so well under Sam have underperformed under Kean. Andy Bayes gave both Rovers fans the chance to ask the Andrews question but they were desperate to defend Keith and Kean. That is not their job. They appeared to be star struck. I didn't learn anything in a full hour except Kean's intention to play Jones (S) at the back. It was the fans' sole opportunity to show our strength of feeling to Kean to make him think twice about his selections for the rest of the season.

I think the points made above and repeatedly in the studio about not booing any player and Kean being responsible, not Andrews are missing the point. Of course we all agree with both points. This was their chance to ask the important questions, not to analyse how poor Keith was dealing with the abuse.  

Would be interesting to hear the views of the two In the studio. Apologies that much of this has been covered earlier.

They sat with Steve Kean for an hour without asking him the important questions such as WHY he continues to play Keith Andrews when he is clearly out of form and lacking in confidence. They couldn't have been more on (club) message, towing the Rovers party line and unchallenging if they were called Venky or Finn. I'm frustrated and disappointed in equal measure. Why wasn't Kean asked why all the extra defensive training and video watching has failed so consistently since his appointment? Or how players that were playing so well under Sam have underperformed under Kean. Andy Bayes gave both Rovers fans the chance to ask the Andrews question but they were desperate to defend Keith and Kean. That is not their job. They appeared to be star struck. I didn't learn anything in a full hour except Kean's intention to play Jones (S) at the back. It was the fans' sole opportunity to show our strength of feeling to Kean to make him think twice about his selections for the rest of the season.

I think the points made above and repeatedly in the studio about not booing any player and Kean being responsible, not Andrews are missing the point. Of course we all agree with both points. This was their chance to ask the important questions, not to analyse how poor Keith was dealing with the abuse.  

Sorry, meant jones (P). Typo.....

kean problem is his man management skills. That's what he's lacks. But that's the most important things in the PL as long with tactics not coaching

I agree with playing with 2 strikers and Phil Jones being a future Rovers Captain.

He won't captain Rovers ever if we go down, he'll be on his way.

As somebody who is very sceptical about Kean, I got my first ever impression of why people would say he does a good presser.

He came over quite well at times, until you concentrated on the susbtance of what he said.

He talked about wanting to play with 2 strikers. He then argued that Dunn, who is the best attacking midfield player we have, is best when he plays behind the strikers and can run at people and make telling passes.

He went on to say the diamond was the best way then to support him in midfield.

The problem I see with this is that it weakens us in midfield in terms of bodies, whilst at the same time, because as he says the left and right sided players are more like right and left halfs (we oldies will understand this)thus contributing less support for the full backs. And we know the problems they have been having.

I also thought that if I were a professional 1st team player at the Rovers, I would be very unimpressed with this guy.

As somebody who is very sceptical about Kean, I got my first ever impression of why people would say he does a good presser.

He came over quite well at times, until you concentrated on the susbtance of what he said.

He talked about wanting to play with 2 strikers. He then argued that Dunn, who is the best attacking midfield player we have, is best when he plays behind the strikers and can run at people and make telling passes.

The problem I see with this is that it weakens us in midfield in terms of bodies, whilst at the same time, because as he says the left and right sided players are more like right and left halfs (we oldies will understand this)thus contributing less support for the full backs. And we know the problems they have been having.

I also thought that if I were a professional 1st team player at the Rovers, I would be very unimpressed with this guy.

If he's going to build the system around Dunn, someone had better tell him Dunn isn't available regularly and rarely plays 90 minutes.

I'm pretty sure they said they were Ian Battersby and Howard somebody or other.

Im also pretty sure Ian was in partnership with Simon Garner, or certainly helping him, when he ran a clothes shop in Cherry Tree - correct, also was, probably still is, closely connected with Hendry. Has a lot of football 'connections' - don't know if he's 'close' to Kean though.

I dont profess to be anywhere near the level of coach as Kean but I was always taught, you have to utilise what you have, we simply havent got the players in midfield to have two up top and Dunny just behind supporting, we need four or five accross midfield to cope with teams in the Prem, Allardyce knew we couldnt compete in midfield so he would bypass it.

If you look at the better sides, they all have one or two in midfield who can play a bit, at the moment we havent really one (centre midfield) we have talent now in wide positions and thats great but we need a good central pairing, build from the back, be solid and then through midfield and we will become much stronger and goals will come through a strong midfield.

The diamond formation is now dated in many ways but to do it you really do need a top midfield and we havent got that!!

Just been talking to a friend who listened and his opening words were "as weak as cats' p1ss".

Like many who've commented, no surprises really.

If Kean had 'balls', it would have been a phone-in, fielding live questions - Radio Lancs have done this in the past.

Anyone still behind Kean ?

Here's my two penny's worth, I have read the comments tonight and can confirm I have not heard the interview due to being in Croatia on business, but it is quite clear Mt Kean talks a very good job but it is also quite clear he has a lot to learn in a very short space of time and it is also apparent so far he is inept at carrying out his bravado, for instance his comment from Saturdays dismal performance was oh we will have to take that one on the chin and move on, to what the next inept performance and another well thought out excuse, hey sorry but after two weeks of training in the sunshine of Dubai his team selection was appalling and his excuse to the travelling fans a disgrace.

Further more hoofball as some Rovers fans complained under Sam is now the order of the day, I saw it in the last home match,Our goalie taking free kicks on the halfway line just like under Sam, and also comments from fans who had to endure the display at Villa the same, it seems fear has took over and Kean has reverted to Sam's way, but be honest Sam would have got us more points thus far,This is the Paul Ince era all over again, what I want is the senior players to take action and help and advise the flaming numpty otherwise we are seriously in the crap, and all the talk of doing this and that and being in the top six next season will be irrelevant.

I want this to venture to be successful and I believe the Rao's are honest people, but hey come on reality has to check in with the owners, Steve Kean has to get something at Fulham otherwise the next home match could be ugly.

I love my team and have done so for over forty years here's a chance I thought with the Rao's backing to do something special again but maybe we have or should I say the Rao's have backed the wrong person, I hope he can do the business but I also hope the Rao's have the tenacity and gumption to sort this sorry mess out.

Other lot of info that came out were in connection with his transfer dealings.

He didn't go for someone like O'Hara because, although there were a lot of midfielders missing around Jan, the medical people were saying the injured midfielders would be returning soon after, so he didn't want to bring in people for whom there wouldn't be positions when everybody was fit.

He wanted a proven goal scorer so he went for Rocky.

I missed what he said about Jones.

He said the ex-Barca player was likely to be the first of the other 2 to be involved with the first team-Barca only had a 2 week winter lay off and so, despite not getting games with them because they knew he was going to leave, he was nearer match fitness.

Formica had had a 5 week lay off.

Both are likely to be involved in the Blackpool game-and presumably the Spaniard might be involved at Fulham.

The time they will really shine will be after they get a pre-season in.

I dont profess to be anywhere near the level of coach as Kean but I was always taught, you have to utilise what you have, we simply havent got the players in midfield to have two up top and Dunny just behind supporting, we need four or five accross midfield to cope with teams in the Prem, Allardyce knew we couldnt compete in midfield so he would bypass it.

If you look at the better sides, they all have one or two in midfield who can play a bit, at the moment we havent really one (centre midfield) we have talent now in wide positions and thats great but we need a good central pairing, build from the back, be solid and then through midfield and we will become much stronger and goals will come through a strong midfield.

The diamond formation is now dated in many ways but to do it you really do need a top midfield and we havent got that!!

Indeed I thought about the comments you had made whilst I was listening to Kean and that is why I posted the above.

Although he referred to Dunn we all know he is all but finished, I'm sure want he wanted to say was Formica, after all that is the position he plays and the position he has surely been brought in for.

The only way you can play one AF player behind the two strikers is like Raneiri did last season with Roma with a flat back trio of CM players behind the AM.

Our problem is as you say Hoilett and Ollson operating as Right and left halves.

If we had two attacking wings back it may be a different story, aka Chelsea with a good CM player anchoring everything. Mikel is out of contract next season. :rolleyes:

Just seen kelbos post pretty much the same, sorry about that

I'm gutted there was no phone in for questions, I had mine all ready -

'I loved your series An Idiot Abroad. But do you think this new one, An Idiot Manages A Premiership Football Club, is going quite as well?'

Oh, and with Comic Relief coming up, how about the Blues bar hosting a Rovers version of The Weakest Link? With Kean, Ugly Keith, Banjo/Barn Door Roberts, the Chicken Brothers and hopalong Grella in the line-up it should be quite an event!

I'm gutted there was no phone in for questions, I had mine all ready -

'I loved your series An Idiot Abroad. But do you think this new one, An Idiot Manages A Premiership Football Club, is going quite as well?'

Oh, and with Comic Relief coming up, how about the Blues bar hosting a Rovers version of The Weakest Link? With Kean, Ugly Keith, Banjo/Barn Door Roberts, the Chicken Brothers and hopalong Grella in the line-up it should be quite an event!

LMAO

Brilliant Question :lol:

Guest linganzi

On a slight tangent its just more info contributing to the fact that this board is more important to Alan Nixon than vice versa . This board writes the stories

That is absolutely terrifying. We need someone else in ASAP.

There are so many attacking midfielders who would be at their best behind a front two. None of them get the luxury of playing that way though because it leaves the rest of the team so exposed.

Look at Van Der Vaar at Spurs - plays behind one striker or out wide when there are two.

I'm even more scared then I was now after reading that.

Most worrying for me was when he was explaining why no recognised players were signed in during the window with names like O'Hara being mentioned. Kean said that the only reason he didn't get more established players in was because we had players to come back from injury and he truested his physio....which in turn means he thinks that our current mid-field when fit are not only good enough but all of them better than the likes on O'Hara, Bentley, Krancjkar, Larsson etc.

which in turn means he thinks that our current mid-field when fit are not only good enough but all of them better than the likes on O'Hara, Bentley, Krancjkar, Larsson etc.

Total insanity. He must realise he's making a dick out of himself even as he's saying this sort of stuff.

Archived