BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Mercer

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Kean will get questioned about this at his next presser ?

Should be interesting as it's rumoured he told some press boys some pretty startling stuff about Nelsen - all off the record of course!

Should be interesting as it's rumoured he told some press boys some pretty startling stuff about Nelsen - all off the record of course!

I doubt it !!!

He only allows questions that are non controversial ..It is a shame he didn't play for us against Bolton instead of Dann , think the scoreline would have been different ..Not saying we would have won , certainly more backbone would have been present !

What are you inferring Mercer? Wrong doings, indiscretions?

I would have thought Ryan above scurrilous allegations.

Read this and weep folks..........

Tottenham manager hails defender's influence at White Hart Lane

Harry Redknapp intends to offer Ryan Nelsen a new contract after praising the defender's impact since joining Tottenham Hotspur on a free transfer.

Nelsen arrived on a deal until the end of the season from Blackburn Rovers earlier this year and he has made five appearances for the club in all competitions.

The 34-year-old opened the scoring in Tuesday's 3-1 victory over Bolton Wanderers in the rescheduled FA Cup quarter-final tie, which set up a last-four date with London rivals Chelsea.

Redknapp was full of praise for the New Zealand veteran's performance and compared his influence at the club to that of Scott Parker.

"I thought he was fantastic tonight," said Redknapp. "I just think he is a great professional and a real good player. I couldn't believe I got him on a free. I felt it was an amazing player to bring to the club, he is a player I have chased for years. I have always thought he was top class, a great pro, a great trainer, a fantastic person. He has got a six-month contract. At the end of the season you have got to keep him here next year because he's worth his weight in gold just to have around for other people to look at the way he works, the way he trains, the way he behaves, his attitude. That's what football clubs are built upon, people like him, Scott Parker, Brad Friedel. You bring them in and it changes everything. That has been the difference this year."

What have we done? Arry'd be creaming himself if he'd got Samba too! The amount of damage Kean has done to the club is terrifying. His time here (in cahoots with the Dark Lord) will cost the lunes in Pune bloody millions and they cannot effin see it! They do say that 'Fools and their money are soon parted', don't they?

It does make you despair sometimes doesn't it.

I'm stating the obvious here but if the Venky's had got a decent manager he could have kept Nelsen and turned him around like Harry has. That wouldn't have actually saved them far more money than their current plan of stick with Kean at any cost. All if's of course.

Apologies here as well as this is only going to be relevant to limited audience, but Mr Thomas and Bertie Griffin you are complete turds.

Read this and weep folks..........

Tottenham manager hails defender's influence at White Hart Lane

Harry Redknapp intends to offer Ryan Nelsen a new contract after praising the defender's impact since joining Tottenham Hotspur on a free transfer.

Nelsen arrived on a deal until the end of the season from Blackburn Rovers earlier this year and he has made five appearances for the club in all competitions.

The 34-year-old opened the scoring in Tuesday's 3-1 victory over Bolton Wanderers in the rescheduled FA Cup quarter-final tie, which set up a last-four date with London rivals Chelsea.

Redknapp was full of praise for the New Zealand veteran's performance and compared his influence at the club to that of Scott Parker.

"I thought he was fantastic tonight," said Redknapp. "I just think he is a great professional and a real good player. I couldn't believe I got him on a free. I felt it was an amazing player to bring to the club, he is a player I have chased for years. I have always thought he was top class, a great pro, a great trainer, a fantastic person. He has got a six-month contract. At the end of the season you have got to keep him here next year because he's worth his weight in gold just to have around for other people to look at the way he works, the way he trains, the way he behaves, his attitude. That's what football clubs are built upon, people like him, Scott Parker, Brad Friedel. You bring them in and it changes everything. That has been the difference this year."

What have we done? Arry'd be creaming himself if he'd got Samba too! The amount of damage Kean has done to the club is terrifying. His time here (in cahoots with the Dark Lord) will cost the lunes in Pune bloody millions and they cannot effin see it! They do say that 'Fools and their money are soon parted', don't they?

I'm confused, isn't he part of the fabled 'deadwood' that we should all be delighted about getting off the wage bill?

A bloody explanation from the club wouldn't be amiss.

Hatred isn't too strong a word for this lot of idiots.

As I said over xmas, rovers and kean in particular wanted rid of nelsen.

If anyone disagrees with kean.. they are out the door.

Nelsen was an asset on the field (he was fit for months), an asset in the dressing room and on the training pitch!

Loyal, straight talking and an inspiration.

kean is none of those.

getting rid of 'the admiral' was absolute disgrace! :angry2:

Disgusting the way Nelsen was treated and as Harry is proving, Ryan has mileage left in him yet. Whilst we on the other hand get to watch Scott Dann, who has been nothing short of abysmal, pull on the Rovers jersey week in week out.

Nelsen and Hanley (who has come on leaps and bounds) would have been a good platform to build on in the wake of Samba's sale. I detest Kean but it doesn't even look like he's had much say in this, IMO he doesn't even pick the team.

Despite that, like 99.9% of this board I cannot wait for Venkys AND Kean to do one, so that we can get our Rovers back.

Sad to see a loyal servant, and club captain, leave without little mention of his great service to the club.

From Ryan's perpective, I'm glad he's playing with better players and under a much better manager - all the best to him.

The running theme with Kean and the Rao family is a lack of respect and class, wish they would just feck off.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

I totally agree with your statement about picking the team.

Who do you believe picks the team?

The rumour I have heard with regards to RN is that he went across to meet Venkys, and they declined to talk to him while he was there so it was a wasted trip. There was then a fall out between him and the Rao's which meant he wouldn't / they wouldn't allow him to play for the Rovers again.

I stress this is just a rumour - I am not someone "In The Know".

The rumour I have heard with regards to RN is that he went across to meet Venkys, and they declined to talk to him while he was there so it was a wasted trip. There was then a fall out between him and the Rao's which meant he wouldn't / they wouldn't allow him to play for the Rovers again.

I stress this is just a rumour - I am not someone "In The Know".

If this is a rumour, what's the point of posting? I've heard, you have heard, the dog's heard, everybody's heard. Seriously?

If this is a rumour, what's the point of posting? I've heard, you have heard, the dog's heard, everybody's heard. Seriously?

I would say 90% of everything posted is rumour or opinion - I've just acknowledged it. If people didn't post with these we would probally have about 10 posts here. This a forum for debat not a scentific journal!

Archived