BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Mercer

Stop kicking up a fuss. dave's got you bang to rights on this you know. Why not just own up to being wrong Gav? It won't hurt, they put rubbers on pencils cos everybody makes mistakes at some point you know.

Anyway it's not like everybody doesn't know that your opinions on BRFC are worthless is it? A simple spelling mistake won't make much difference one way or the other to your 'reputation' will it?

Nice try Gordon, made me chuckle :D

Nobody takes you seriously, least of all, me.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it's 60k. More like 40k.

Don't agree with that joey simply because Andrews was definitely on a 32k a week basic wage and Nelsen - who has signed a number of contract extensions and renegotiated deals off the back of turned down bids etc. - just wouldn't be only on 40k. I'd say he was well in line with Samba at around 60k a week...but it's obviously all opinion.

As much as I think Nelsen is a great guy and player when available, for the last 9 months he has hardly played for whatever reason so simply had to be shipped out.

As much as I think Nelsen is a great guy and player when available, for the last 9 months he has hardly played for whatever reason so simply had to be shipped out.

I see your point Pedro, but I think yesterdays result showed just how much we miss a good solid experienced central defender that is Ryan Nelsen.

Also the way it was dealt with again leaves a sour taste in the mouth, he's alledgedly been fit since November by all accounts but hasn't been played for one reason or another. It’s just another example on incompetence by manager and owners thats hammering more nails into Blackburn Rovers coffin.

Hmm...not sure about Andrews on £32k a week.

I heard it was originally £10-12k, which went up to around £20k with his new contract.

Wasn't Andrews on 20k with further payments each game he played? its was staggering when I read it, John Williams didn't have a good day when he offered that contract ;)

Hmm...not sure about Andrews on £32k a week.

I heard it was originally £10-12k, which went up to around £20k with his new contract.

He was on £32k a week. There was a letter that showed his and Dioufs wages and the breakdown of their bonuses. I'm sure someone will kindly post a link to it soon.

I see your point Pedro, but I think yesterdays result showed just how much we miss a good solid experienced central defender that is Ryan Nelsen.

Also the way it was dealt with again leaves a sour taste in the mouth, he's alledgedly been fit since November by all accounts but hasn't been played for one reason or another. Its just another example on incompetence by manager and owners thats hammering more nails into Blackburn Rovers coffin.

Wasn't Andrews on 20k with further payments each game he played? its was staggering when I read it, John Williams didn't have a good day when he offered that contract ;)

Totally agree with you regarding needing Nelsen. Right now we need him and I think we were all duped into thinking he was injured - when in fact it looks like it is part of a cost cutting exercise! I'm sure the truth will eventually come out.

I maybe wrong on the wage then, I know he was effectively on 32K a week (and about 31k too much) - perhaps this was after his basic appearance bonus was added. I'm sure someone will confirm one way or another.

Matty, lay off the spelling jokes. They're too difficult for people to decifer. ;)

Decifer ? Oh dear .........

Nelsen would not have prevented the himiliation yesterday but players such as him and Emerton and the two Joneses (and E-H Diouf) were leaders and there were no leaders on the pitch at the Emirates. It is players like these who led the relegation fight last season and within the present squad I do not see any leaders to step forward and replace them.

Decifer ? Oh dear .........

Nelsen would not have prevented the himiliation yesterday but players such as him and Emerton and the two Joneses (and E-H Diouf) were leaders and there were no leaders on the pitch at the Emirates. It is players like these who led the relegation fight last season and within the present squad I do not see any leaders to step forward and replace them.

Yes you're right Jim, we have nobody to stand up and be counted, no leaders, its a sad state of affairs.

Samba and Kean need to sit down and sort something out this week. Even if it means promising samba a move in the summer, we need him on the pitch and focused on Saturday.

Sounds like a good idea but it seems that instead of doing that Venky's are going to sue Samba.

Awesome

Good luck Ryan, hope he plays a part against L'pool tomorrow and shows what he's all about.

Another good article on Kean v Ryan from Bates in The People who, generally, is well respected :

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2012/02/05/ryan-nelsen-exit-left-steve-kean-confused-102039-23737307/

I just don't believe how Kean gets away with it all.

According to Telegraph report, Rovers now threatening to sue Samba:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9062493/Steve-Kean-hints-that-Blackburn-may-go-legal-over-Christopher-Samba.html

You couldn't even make it up !!!

IMO, the circus is well and truly in town and as Keith Andrews said, it's chaos.

Good luck Ryan, hope he plays a part against L'pool tomorrow and shows what he's all about.

Another good article on Kean v Ryan from Bates in The People who, generally, is well respected :

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2012/02/05/ryan-nelsen-exit-left-steve-kean-confused-102039-23737307/

I just don't believe how Kean gets away with it all.

According to Telegraph report, Rovers now threatening to sue Samba:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9062493/Steve-Kean-hints-that-Blackburn-may-go-legal-over-Christopher-Samba.html

You couldn't even make it up !!!

IMO, the circus is well and truly in town and as Keith Andrews said, it's chaos.

Kean lied again then! Is that enough evidence to those who think he should be given more time and who (understandably) go missing at times like this?

ignoring team form, league position and being pretty much dead certs for relegation, how low can this club get, know what i mean!, just when you think things couldn't get any worse something comes in out of left field and it effein does, what a completely absurd 12 months its been, with no sign of things getting better.

All the good pro's shown the door, Kean needs players that are 'ever so gratefull for a game'. Which means we end up with a team of effort (sometimes) and no experience.

Fed up with hearing Coco talking about 'the lads' trying their best. He's just setting the groundwork for more lies and spin, because it'll be the protesters fault for our relegation.

Archived