BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Mercer

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the (massive) assumption that this is true - why wouldn't Kean play him? I'm no Kean fan but if it was some sort of relationship breakdown or dispute between Nelsen and the club/Kean that contract could have been ripped up by mutual consent at any time if both parties agreed to it.....leaving Nelsen free to join whatever club he wanted to (if fit).

Maybe it's important (financially) for dann to get some games in for stage payments BEFORE the bank pulls the plug? See my sig.

Ryan Nelson

Makes you sick doesn't it, just the sort of player we need in our current plight.

Kean and Venkys you're a ******* disgrace :angry2:

Couldn't agree more GAV. When you look at Nelsen and compare him with Kean and Desai it really does make your stomach churn. Nelsen is a quality individual in everyway while Kean and Desai are the sort of individuals who one would cross the road to avoid. You are absolutely right they are a total disgrace and represent the blackest days of the club's entire history.

So we pay him up but keep vinny on the books who has been involved in a grand total of 38 league matches both starting and as a sub since being here, exactly 1 seasons worth of matches meaning there has been 2 and a half seasons of zero input on allegedly 35k per week from a 4m transfer. Bonkers.

Couldn't sum it up any better, bonkers indeed.

Let's not forget we also have pointless signings like Myles and Bruno in the squad who will never see the Ewood turf, eating up wages and doing nothing to show for it.

Gutted. Didn't think my hatred of those "in charge" (Kean, Raos) of Rovers could get any stronger. I was wrong.

Stupid, stupid move whichever way you look at it.

Ryan was my hope for manager to steady the ship when everyone else abandons it. Sadly even that slim glimpse of hope has gone.

If they were trying to deliberately destroy Rovers (perhaps like you'd do on football manager as a kid with manure) you couldn't do a better job than these clowns.

Ryan you will be greatly missed.

Nelsen is a true leader of men, can't believe we've allowed him to leave - don't care if he is fit or not, he would be important to have around the place, especially as we are in a fight for our lives.

Should we be surprised though, we have suffered from a lack of leadership on and off the pitch since these morons from Pune took over.

Seven years spent at the club and fans still couldn't get his surname right.

Typing isn't the easiest of things to do when sat on a railway station in temperatures approaching -4, smart arse.

Typing isn't the easiest of things to do when sat on a railway station in temperatures approaching -4, smart arse.

He's right, though.

On a keyboard, the "E" is a long way from the "O", and it's too easy to just give some flippant excuse.

Why not say "I'm lazy" or "just don't give a flying one", it shows you haven't given the closest thought about the players that do (or don't) do the business for BRFC.

He's right, though.

On a keyboard, the "E" is a long way from the "O", and it's too easy to just give some flippant excuse.

Why not say "I'm lazy" or "just don't give a flying one", it shows you haven't given the closest thought about the players that do (or don't) do the business for BRFC.

All very interesting dave, but why not discuss the topic in hand instead of playing chief commissioner of the spelling police?

Slow evening in Oz maybe?

Was you at the railway station of a certain town in Pendle GAV? ;)

Certain town in Pendle? unless Leyland has moved the answer to that is no Matty?

Hope that clears things up, just why you felt the need to ask is beyond me :wacko: now can we get back to Nelsen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/salgado-seeks-galaxy-role-as-rovers-look-to-offload-high-earners-6358841.html

No way was Nelsen on 65k a week! If he was I can see why Venkys wanted rid of him.

Surly it would of been better to get rid of Grella and Salgado and kept Nelsen who would help us in this situation more than anyone.

He was on big bucks i think, don't know about 65k though. Remember when Arry was after him when he was at pompey and they were rumored to be offering 50k and Rovers gave him an improved deal to keep him.

All very interesting dave, but why not discuss the topic in hand instead of playing chief commissioner of the spelling police?

Slow evening in Oz maybe?

You back up the argument by dissing the point that you don't check things, Gav. So how can we take your point seriously?

If you don't know the spelling of a major player for the Rovers, how can you put an argument across?

Best of luck to Ryan, a true ambassador for Rovers in my mind, never a bad word, fully understood how fortunate he was to be a pro footballer. He's lost some in recent seasons but when he first got here I thought he was one of the best readers of a game I have seen in years. Good luck Nellie and thanks for what you gave us, proper gent IMHO.

You back up the argument by dissing the point that you don't check things, Gav. So how can we take your point seriously?

If you don't know the spelling of a major player for the Rovers, how can you put an argument across?

You need to lighten up a bit, I see you've had a pop at someone else on another thread for bugger all, so I'll put it down to you having a bad day, probably just made worse after the hammering at Arsenal.

You need to lighten up a bit, I see you've had a pop at someone else on another thread for bugger all, so I'll put it down to you having a bad day, probably just made worse after the hammering at Arsenal.

Stop kicking up a fuss. dave's got you bang to rights on this you know. Why not just own up to being wrong Gav? It won't hurt, they put rubbers on pencils cos everybody makes mistakes at some point you know.

Anyway it's not like everybody doesn't know that your opinions on BRFC are worthless is it? A simple spelling mistake won't make much difference one way or the other to your 'reputation' will it?

Nelsen is also now probably seen as our 5th choice centre back behind Givet, Samba, Dann & Hanley.

They are all on big money, and they would all need to be shifted on IF we went down....I think its good financial planning

Hey Hughesy how many experienced centre backs available for next weekend?

How's the financial planning going? Got that spreadsheet filled yet?

Archived