BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v QPR

Shabani

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What! A Rovers clean sheet! That will be miraculous.

I must admit - a 0-0 draw would be just about acceptable - at least I could tell my children "I was there when we kept a clean sheet under Kean".

I think we have to take one match at a time - obviously we have to aim to win - but a draw (given our awful home record) may not be the worst result in the world.

Regarding Petrovic - I think he had improved drastically (though the starting point was pretty low) in recent matches. Arsenal he seemed to revert to his early season form. For me it is too early to write him off after one match were most players played awful - for me Petrovic is a midfield player who needs players making runs for him (to both create space for him, but also to give him options) - if Rovers play better against QPR (and lets be honest Arsenal was a large dip in what had been a decent run of good performances), I am sure (hope) his game will improve.

I still cling to the fact - that even with statistically the worst manager in Rovers history - we still have a reasonable chance of avoiding relegation. I hope that somebody will smile on us - because I think it is going to take a little bit of lady luck to avoid the drop (playing teams at the right time, avoiding injuries, avoiding sending offs etc) - but I am sure other fans are thinking the same thing.

As much as I would love to continue the depressing nature of this thread and message board and maybe dip into some in fighting here is the good news:

Mark (God those were the days, remember Feyenoord away??) Hughes' Qpr are without:

Heidar Helguson, DJ Campbell, Luke Young and CISSE maybe the defence can hold up longer than 2 minutes this weekend? However! Jay Bothroyd could return...yikes.

Great dry preview Shabani

...2-2

Heidar Helguson, DJ Campbell, Luke Young and CISSE maybe the defence can hold up longer than 2 minutes this weekend? However! Jay Bothroyd could return...yikes.

Unfortunately they still have Bobby Zamora, Taarabt, Wright-Phillps, Barton etc.

I fancy this one will be a score draw, which will do QPR more good than it will us.

"Unfortunately they still have Bobby Zamora, Taarabt, Wright-Phillps, Barton etc."

alright just keep depressing people then!!!

Just being realistic! I'm not sure the way to generate positivity is to withhold quite important facts.

I've predicated a score draw like yourself, so I'm not trying to offer depressing thoughts...just stating a few important facts! :)

Must win.. and having watched wolves hammer them last saturday, i have hope.

especially if zamora is a poor as he was for fulham the other week. ;)

COuld be on my own, but I thought Zamora looked class against us, he uses his body very well. Luckily we were fighting like beavers!

"Unfortunately they still have Bobby Zamora, Taarabt, Wright-Phillps, Barton etc."

alright just keep depressing people then!!!

Come on people - we have the Yak.

"Feed the Yak and he will score"

I am sure QPR fans will be as worried about him being back in the team - as we are about Zamora. To be honest - prefer Hoilett to Wright-Phillips as well - COYB

Huge weekend with us playing QPR and Bolton playing Wigan.

Even with fourteen games to go can't help thinking that anything but a win and realistically that will be that. On the other hand a win propels us up level with the other protagonists and drags QPR right back into it.

Yakubu back is massive, and if we can perform like we did against Newcastle rather than Arsenal we have every chance of taking the three points.

Our defensive performance will also be key, even at this late stage if we could find a handful of clean sheets from somewhere it would make a huge difference.

Just done the BBC prediction thing until the end of the season, that sees us staying up on 32 points, including 3 gained against QPR tomorrow and Bolton away.

If we get those results I don't see QPR and Bolton getting past 30 points for the season looking at their run ins which is why it is vitally important we get the win tomorrow.

Having the Yak back will hopefully be a boost to the team but being without Samba, Givet or Nelsen at the heart of our defence worries me, could easily go either way tomorrow but it is do or die in my eyes and the players need to leave the field tomorrow with those 3 points any which way they can.

For info I had the bottom of the league looking like this:

15 - Rovers 32pts

16 - Wolves 32pts

17 - West Brom 32pts

----------------------

18 - Bolton 28pts

19 - QPR 24pts

20 - Wigan 22pts

Our pioints came from wins against QPR(H), Bolton(A) and Wigan(H), draws against Villa(H), Wolves(A) and Sunderland(H).

Just really highlights the importance of winning tomorrow, only 1 of 2 winable home games.

Just done the BBC prediction thing until the end of the season

29 points enough for survival? I think that prediction is going to by WAY off.

The problem with those predictor things is that you do everything on a game-by-game basis, but it's impossible to judge games like that. You really should split it into blocks of 4 or 5.

• Backroom

Oh my, Lawro has got us to win 2-1.

He's had us down to win a few times lately, reckon he's trying some reverse psychology trick to fulfill his ultimate wish of us in the Championship next season.

Every time Lawro predicts us to win we lose :(

Just done the BBC prediction thing until the end of the season, that sees us staying up on 32 points, including 3 gained against QPR tomorrow and Bolton away.

If we get those results I don't see QPR and Bolton getting past 30 points for the season looking at their run ins which is why it is vitally important we get the win tomorrow.

Having the Yak back will hopefully be a boost to the team but being without Samba, Givet or Nelsen at the heart of our defence worries me, could easily go either way tomorrow but it is do or die in my eyes and the players need to leave the field tomorrow with those 3 points any which way they can.

15 - Rovers 32pts

16 - Wolves 32pts

17 - West Brom 32pts

----------------------

18 - Bolton 28pts

19 - QPR 24pts

20 - Wigan 22pts

Our pioints came from wins against QPR(H), Bolton(A) and Wigan(H), draws against Villa(H), Wolves(A) and Sunderland(H).

Just really highlights the importance of winning tomorrow, only 1 of 2 winable home games.

Not certain it will be as low as 29 points to stay up - but I think you are right that between 32 to 35 points may be enough this season. What is difficult to predict is matches against mid-table teams towards the end of the season where they have nothing to play for. I bet Blackpool and Birmingham fans are a little sick to see how few points may be needed this season as compared to last.

I can't see anything but a Rovers victory in this one.

1-0 with our first clean sheet in 10 months.

Should've gone to Specsavers ;)

Although I think if our defence plays as a unit and Dann has a decent game (i know.. unlikely) then the Yak will fire in a couple.

Our problem is always needing to score so many because of such a poor defensive performance. They will struggle to score I think if our defence plays how it should.

A lot rides on Yakubu coming back in the form he was in before his suspension.

3-1 Rovers

Difficult to understand the confidence and optimism of some.

Fear it will be a sad, sad day and we will go down by at least 2 goals which may well provoke some ugly scenes at Ewood.

Lose tomorrow and there's no way back for us.

15 - Rovers 32pts

16 - Wolves 32pts

17 - West Brom 32pts

----------------------

18 - Bolton 28pts

19 - QPR 24pts

20 - Wigan 22pts

seriously cant imagine qpr going down, sadly i thin it will be all the lancashire clubs, rovers-wigan-bolton, are only real chance of survival would be if a new manager came in and rejuvanated the place, yes i know almost never going to happen and most prob a month to late to turn this around.

Difficult to understand the confidence and optimism of some.

Fear it will be a sad, sad day and we will go down by at least 2 goals which may well provoke some ugly scenes at Ewood.

Lose tomorrow and there's no way back for us.

you are the most negative person I've ever seen on here!!!

Why do you get behind your team and support them tomorrow and get yourself down to Ewood Park for the match!!!

Archived