BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

We needed bigger protests. However typical little old Rovers folk will whinge and whine after it is too late, and of course it is always someone else's fault. GET OFF YOUR AR$ES AND RAISE THE ROOF AGAINST THESE FRAUDSTERS.

Too bloody true , Mr Preston Blue !

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if Venky's were here to discuss next season's budget it really is odd timing. Do they not realise the losses they will suffer if/when we go down?

They might've realized that we might go down, so Zahavi will need to be instructed to try and flog off everyone, not just our best assets.

Too bloody true , Mr Preston Blue !

I said it 9 months ago,half a dozen lunatics onto the pitch running towards Kean with banners,Venky's sat in the stands would have terrified the liars.

Job would have been done,no more Venkys no more Kean.Given the same circumstances this would have happened at any other Prem club,Ewood no chance,the barmy army are not really barmy after all.

The organised protests mean nothing now,we needed spontanious out of control protest.

Jerome Anderson targeted soft touch Blackburn over 2 and a half years ago,he was spot on with that judgment and has controlled everything.

NO RESISTANCE.....END OF BRFC.

What a bloody stupid question Pete, to watch the bleedin team of course, why else would they be here, Jesus wept...

Gav, sorry mate you may have missed my point, all of the pages are filled with people getting at each other after another defeat, of course the Rao's came to see the team play, but why only now. the point i was trying to make is yet again in defeat we get at each other rather than the culprits, watching the game we had no leader or anyone with passion to move on up a gear and fight, oh for a Robbie Savage, we seem to be going down without a fight and that's just unacceptable to any of us.

I'm not so sure Venky's staying is as clear cut as people think. I would expect their official line will be 'we are not selling. Privately, I'm sure they will sell if a suitable offer comes in. My two reasons why are below:

Anyone who thinks Blackburn being relegated will not harm Venky's is severely mistaken. Their reputation is already in tatters and relegation is really going to impact on that even further. This blog from a respected Indian journalist sums it up quite well: http://www.mihirbose.com/index.php/venkys-find-blackburn-a-tougher-egg-to-crack/

Secondly, the bank issue is going to be a major problem. Venky's themselves admitted last year that the club will require 'significant funding' in the forthcoming year. I suspect they plan to finance the club in the championship with player sales, parachute payments and credit facilities. The bank loan is due to be paid off on june 30th 2012 and that shouldn't be a problem. However, I would be very surprised if Barclays extended our credit facilities with them to cover operational costs. That leaves a major problem as Venky's will then have to find a new credit facility but banks are simply not prepared to bankroll clubs anymore. Venky's tried to set up a new credit facility in january and failed (and that was as a premiership club!). How on earth are they going to get a new credit facility as a championship club?!

You might be right, but there are people who just can't sit back and watch it all happen without trying to do something.

Look at Liverpool's previous owners, they didn't want to sell either.

Liverpool supporters had the support of the bank and legal action - Rovers fans do not. So sadly there is no comparrison

I've got news for you- nobody HAS to come in and support Venkies. They are like lung cancer in our club and you want us to keep buying cigarettes. Not me matey, I won't put another penny into Rovers while they are involved. I've been a Rovers fan for 50 years and always will be but for Rovers to ever thrive again Venkies must go. There is no alterative.

If they won't go, what other choice is there?

What's the point - you won't listen anyway.

Your view of the situation is as cold, calculated and objective as Venkys "running" of our club. I see no heart, no soul, no passion in your analysis.

Venkys have destroyed us as a Premier League club and given us absolutely no indication they are doing this for the greater good of the club. I therefore have no confidence that they won't destroy us as a Championship club - or even a professional club.

They do not want us to compete, despite all the big talk when the first arrived, and there is no indication at all that they care about football. Why the hell did they buy our football club, any club? There can only be one logical conclusion. Money. And that is understandable. Not acceptable but understandable.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why you continue to defend them.

I do not defend venkys or Kean. I want them out. Sometimes reality is cold. A plan is needed to force venkys out. Protests they will ignore.

Until we are able to get the support of the banks to help force them out, I fear venkys will stay. But getting the support of the banks is the only way to get rid of them. That is the reality of the situation.

Can somebody on here who knows more about how Liverpool supporters got rid of their old owners. Explain the difference between liverpools situation and Rovers / venky's.

Then there may be a way to act against venky's.

Can't believe the Raos didn't get lynched last night, pretty rude of them to even show their faces....

That was because some of the people who claim to be in the know about things at the club - did not know they were even coming, let alone turned up. Which I find strange in it self. Thought these folk had contacts with in the club. Yet nicko was able to know and I also know others did.

to roll over and have your belly tickled or put a gimp mask on and let them abuse you....or

PROTEST

If they won't listen, or take notice of protests, what is the point of doing them. Surely you protest and expect those you protest against to act, you want protest to achieve something. But sadly, venkys are taking no notice.

So another plan is needed.

If they won't listen, or take notice of protests, what is the point of doing them. Surely you protest and expect those you protest against to act, you want protest to achieve something. But sadly, venkys are taking no notice.

So another plan is needed.

Tell the people who protested against the Iraq war that, tell the students that, tell the miners that, tell the poll tax protesters that, its about having some self-respect and standing up for what you believe in, about having a voice, not sitting down and let people walk all over you, you may not force change, but at least you've tried.

I despair sometime :(

Tell the people who protested against the Iraq war that, tell the students that, tell the miners that, tell the poll tax protesters that, its about having some self-respect and standing up for what you believe in, about having a voice, not sitting down and let people walk all over you, you may not force change, but al least you've tried.

Me too

• Backroom
"We've only owned Rovers for five months. We have made some changes and there are other things to do. It will take more time yet, but all I'd ask our fans is to see where we are after we've been here for a year."

Judgement: Massive fail.

Tell the people who protested against the Iraq war that, tell the students that, tell the miners that, tell the poll tax protesters that, its about having some self-respect and standing up for what you believe in, about having a voice, not sitting down and let people walk all over you, you may not force change, but at least you've tried.

The Rovers situation is completely different to the things you quoted. (Though, nothing was achieved in those protests either.)For the simple reason that venkys are refusing to listen. Another plan is needed.

The Rovers situation is completely different to the things you quoted. (Though, nothing was achieved in those protests either.)For the simple reason that venkys are refusing to listen. Another plan is needed.

The bleedin government also refused to listen on the protests I mentioned, but at least people tried, had a voice, surely you understand that :wacko:

How did liverpool supporters do it. Maybe there is the answer.

They did it through The spirit of Shankley action group in the main, protested over a prelonged period of time and forced change, they didn't give up ;)

The bleedin government also refused to listen on the protests I mentioned, but at least people tried, had a voice, surely you understand that :wacko:

They did it through The spirit of Shankley action group in the main, protested over a prelonged period of time and forced change, they didn't give up ;)

There was also somebody with the money and the will to buy the club. Clear the debts - which satisfied the banks. Also if my memory serves me right, a board who were willing to act against the owners. Rovers have no buyer, no board members to fight against the owners. There was a forced takeover - rovers are not in that position. Get the bank on side and somebody with money to buy the club, then there is a chance, But still dependant on a willing seller.

Doea anyone know anything about the purpose of their visit? How long it might last? Where they might be staying? Whether or not they're going to take in the Swansea game? Did Kamy say he was in hospital?

Flew out Wednesday morning. Arrived in Bombay on Thursday morning.

Liverpool supporters had the support of the bank and legal action - Rovers fans do not. So sadly there is no comparrison

Do you think the bank want Venkys as owners any more than the fans?

I doubt it. Maybe an approach needs to be made (or may have been made behind closed doors by those with the right connections)

Flew out Wednesday morning. Arrived in Bombay on Thursday morning.

How's the mood in the camp these days MG? Still happy with hard working Mr Steve's "fantastic" job of looking after their baby?

Archived