BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Hull City Home 12/13

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Murphy looked very weak tonight, Dunn a sad site, the fans reaction to the arrival of Bruno an embarrassment to the player and Nuno Gomes head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in terms of vision. Also think that we'll win this league.

You wasn't the bold guy stood in the Rovers dugout by any chance...Like to stand with your hands in your pockets all game, pretending your doing your job whilst admiring the opposition manager??

Thought Murphy looked very weak tonight, Dunn a sad site, the fans reaction to the arrival of Bruno an embarrassment to the player and Nuno Gomes head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in terms of vision. Also think that we'll win this league.

I have never understood the fans antipathy toward Bruno. I saw him at Moracambe and Killmarnock last pre-season and thought he looked quite tidy.

On tonight's game:-

Really enjoyed the victory. Hull attempted to 'park the bus' and it looked for a while that their tactics might succeed. The double substitution was the key to unlocking the puzzle ... with Murphy finding somebody on his wavelength in Gomez.

As for the atmosphere ... much better than the negativity of most of last season with the majority of the 'numpty brigade' giving Ewood a wide berth ... I'm sure this will help the young lads such as Fabio settle-in.

I have never understood the fans antipathy toward Bruno. I saw him at Moracambe and Killmarnock last pre-season and thought he looked quite tidy.

Really enjoyed the victory. Hull attempted to 'park the bus' and it looked for a while that their tactics might succeed. The double substitution was the key to unlocking the puzzle ... with Murphy finding somebody on his wavelength in Gomez.

As for the atmosphere ... much better than the negativity of most of last season with the majority of the 'numpty brigade' giving Ewood a wide berth ... I'm sure this will help the young lads such as Fabio settle-in.

I hope you are still posting on Saturday evening

Ye, because that's the most important thing, screw people fighting for the future of BRFC under Venkys and our premiership status, as long as Fabio and the portugese lads settle in all is well.

Who cares about the Premiership and the 13k of fans that have been drove away? clouded vision alert.

Ye, because that's the most important thing, screw people fighting for the future of BRFC under Venkys and our premiership status, as long as Fabio and the portugese lads settle in all is well.

Who cares about the Premiership and the 13k of fans that have been drove away? clouded vision alert.

Give over ... a lot of those 'gone AWOL' tonight would have been more interested in the result from Stamford Bridge than Ewood. Those who CARE where THERE.

I know usually you fail to see the bigger picture but it's not antipathy towards Bruno. Rather, to the owners for signing him......and influential agents......it's just like with Anderson Jr.....not so much bad feelings towards him, rather the ones involved in signing him.....he's Brazilian so he would look tidy....their ball control is exemplary....people who saw him in reserve matches said he was terrible.

I'm not going to bother to respond to the rest of your post....I've given up trying to correct those who have such views.

Give over ... a lot of those 'gone AWOL' tonight would have been more interested in the result from Stamford Bridge than Ewood. Those who CARE where THERE.

hahaha, so if i don't go to Ewood but to every away game i'm more interested in Stamford Bridge? Deluded beyond belief.

As i say, as long as all these talent-less jocks settle in all his fine at Ewood.

you really do not know anything. I CARE but I wasn't THERE tonight. I was listening on the radio as i cannot bring myself (along with my 2 former season tickets holding family members, who have all had season tickets every season for the last 20 years, one who has supported the club since the 50's) to put myself through the anger that I put myself through last season.

I will always support my club, I couldn't care less about on goings at other clubs, but I will not put any money into the regime that has ruined a club I, and many others have support all my life. If and when I decide that the club I love is no longer being run into the ground I will return to Ewood. Until that point I will support from a far/at away games. But being told I do not CARE about my club could not be further from the truth. You follow the club in the way you chose to, i have no problem with that, but do not try to dictate the way others should support the club and belittle others by trying to put yourself on a superior level to other fans.

whatever troll.

firstly, what a fekkin boring game.

thought we where too slow moving the ball around the pitch.nothing has changed with scott dann in that he just seems to give me nightmares whenever he is near the ball. also we stopped our forward momentum far far too often.make a forward pass and then it would go backwards.

we are gonna have to be far more creative in future at ewood park cause there arent gonna be many teams that will come here and be game enough to take us on.

secondly, the attendance.

FAR CANAL!! i always knew it would be a low one but less than 14k and our lowest league crowd at ewood park for 20 years.as far as the owners go 'nothing more needs to be said'.

If Hull turn out to be a relegation outfit then you might be right. But not if they are representative of the general standard of the Division. It's impossible to overemphasise how poor they were after having watched Premiership football for the majority of the last 20 years.

On the evidence of the opening 2 games the Division is there for the taking with the addition of some firepower up front.

Ipswich were poor and should have been seen off by two or three goals but we allowed them to escape by sitting back in the second half. It's a characteristic of Kean's sides and will happen time and time again this season. The league isn't "there for the taking" because we don't have a proper manager and our old, tired team will struggle against young and hungry teams like Burnley. On the evidence of the Ipswich match and from I have heard about the Hull game I stick by my assertion that we will struggle to make the top 10.

Ipswich were poor and should have been seen off by two or three goals but we allowed them to escape by sitting back in the second half. It's a characteristic of Kean's sides and will happen time and time again this season. The league isn't "there for the taking" because we don't have a proper manager and our old, tired team will struggle against young and hungry teams like Burnley. On the evidence of the Ipswich match and from I have heard about the Hull game I stick by my assertion that we will struggle to make the top 10.

I think you are very wrong, which is slightly worrying as it may well mean that we are stuck with Kean all season and, quite possibly, even into the next on the back of a successful promotion campaign.

The truth is that our squad is of superior quality to the vast majority of this league. Even with an incompetent manager employing terrible tactics and picking the wrong players we will probably have enough to beat most sides in this league.

Pre Venky the atmosphere was 'much better' but with 25000 people in the ground and PL football.

Any Rovers fan who revels in a less than haf full stadium after what we've achieved over 20 years is a WUM.

If Hull turn out to be a relegation outfit then you might be right. But not if they are representative of the general standard of the Division. It's impossible to overemphasise how poor they were after having watched Premiership football for the majority of the last 20 years.

On the evidence of the opening 2 games the Division is there for the taking with the addition of some firepower up front.

All I know about this division is last night and I agree if Hull are typical it's there to be won. The problem for me is we showed no sign of the drive, desire and ambition I would hope to see in a promotion seeking team. We have to be much, much better, especially at home if there is to be any chance of getting the crowds to return. The performance was very poor and more likely to turn folk away.

Under Souness we had a young, vibrant and exciting side which battled for promotion. Now we have a very average squad, lacking real talent and no player to excite the fans.

Yes it appears promotion is there to be won but on the evidence of last night we won't take the opportunity. We don't have the players to do it.

I think you are very wrong, which is slightly worrying as it may well mean that we are stuck with Kean all season and, quite possibly, even into the next on the back of a successful promotion campaign.

The truth is that our squad is of superior quality to the vast majority of this league. Even with an incompetent manager employing terrible tactics and picking the wrong players we will probably have enough to beat most sides in this league.

Eddie from the podcast I gather you saw the Ipswich game on TV. I'm told our second half performance improved as we managed to put two passes together.

The performance last night was awful. I'm dreading a cold, wet November evening. You had to be there to appreciate how soulless every aspect of the match was.

If your comments are correct it implies the team will play despite Kean, not because of him. For 18 months the evidence before us is the team play as instructed. They may know its awful but make no effort to do better. We struggled to create anything last night, lacked passion and drive; as things stand this side will not be promoted as the key ingredients of desire and ambition appear to be missing, essential in my view regardless of our squad's questionable talent.

It felt like a pre season friendly and if we hadn't been more than a little lucky could have easily come away with nothing. And this against a very poor team who seemed happy to give us the ball back to us at the first possible opportunity.

On this showing I have no idea how well the squad can do this season, with, or without Kean in charge, but what is clear is that we continue to be shambolic on the pitch and the fans know it. Let's hope the owners realise it too, before it's too late.

Archived