BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Hull City Home 12/13

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie from the podcast I gather you saw the Ipswich game on TV. I'm told our second half performance improved as we managed to put two passes together.

The performance last night was awful. I'm dreading a cold, wet November evening. You had to be there to appreciate how soulless every aspect of the match was.

If your comments are correct it implies the team will play despite Kean, not because of him. For 18 months the evidence before us is the team play as instructed. They may know its awful but make no effort to do better. We struggled to create anything last night, lacked passion and drive; as things stand this side will not be promoted as the key ingredients of desire and ambition appear to be missing, essential in my view regardless of our squad's questionable talent.

We didn't improve in the second half at Ipswich.

We sat deep and barely posed any attacking threat.

It was only a matter of time before Ipswich scored although it took them until the 82nd minute.

A better team would have rolled us over in the second half especially with Lowe at left back.

4 points from 6, and have played badly both games. I'd take that at this stage as the mission has to be promotion.

Ipswich were really poor, I expected a lot more from Hull though as they were one of the best teams in the Championship towards the end of last season. They came for a point, grew in confidence as the first half went on, but had no cutting edge and Robbo had a comfortable evening.

At the other end we was not much better, 1 up front at home in the Championship is negative tactics, but play bad and win, I will take that all day long

Kean is not the man to take this team back up, and our squad has a lot of square pegs at present.

Ewood was rather quiet which can only be expected with the low crowd, was quite a good atmosphere in the Darwen end, both in the stands and on the concourse at half time.

Its nice to wake up today with 4 points, because this can be built on, but my early thought of the championship is the standard is very low, and with that it gives us half of chance

I think in Ipswich and Hull we just played two midtable Championship teams to be honest. Hull aren't all that, people just think they are because they have a reasonably well known manager with prem experience, but scrapig past Brighton themselves on the opening day tells me they aren't up to that much really.

First big test comes on Saturday, Leicester are a decent side but they are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde, if their players turn up then Rovers will have a real test.

Greetings from Spain.

12500 Rovers fans ? Says it all.

Result made me smile Attendance speaks volumes.

KEANSCUM AND AGNEW OUT

The club has previously always done whatever it could to attract the fans down to Ewood. Bancroft, Fox etc, even though they had their hands tied financially always did whatever they could to get the people of Blackburn to back the club through the turnstiles.

The pity now is that we have owners who know exactly how to get fans back into the club, but are refusing to do it. Do something about it now and many of those fans will come back. Leave it too late and no matter what the results on the pitch are, those fans currently staying away might just never return. How many other football clubs wouldn't do anything to raise their support?

Listen to Brazil having a pop...9 minutes in.

http://www.talksport...n/episode/87511

He says the first thing that pops into his head, doesn't give it any thought beforehand, a bit like kean.

Its also the same Alan Brazil that was calling for both Tony Mowbray and Gordon Strachan to be sacked when Celtic managers, both 100 times better than Kean.

If Hull turn out to be a relegation outfit then you might be right. But not if they are representative of the general standard of the Division. It's impossible to overemphasise how poor they were after having watched Premiership football for the majority of the last 20 years.

On the evidence of the opening 2 games the Division is there for the taking with the addition of some firepower up front.

Oh yes?

And Kean has the gumption to take it?

Pull the other one with bells on....

The club has previously always done whatever it could to attract the fans down to Ewood. Bancroft, Fox etc, even though they had their hands tied financially always did whatever they could to get the people of Blackburn to back the club through the turnstiles.

The pity now is that we have owners who know exactly how to get fans back into the club, but are refusing to do it. Do something about it now and many of those fans will come back. Leave it too late and no matter what the results on the pitch are, those fans currently staying away might just never return. How many other football clubs wouldn't do anything to raise their support?

Exactly den.

Fans and commercial sponsorship by the way.

So it is Kean or business suicide yet they stick with Kean?

Something absolutely stinks doesn't it?

As an avid reader of this board but a rare poster, I thought I would add my twopenneth...

For the first time in years and years, we played a league game in which the opposition tried everything to come away with a nil-nil. This is something we may well see week in week out at home this season and it is very strange to watch. This requires an overhaul of tactics which accounts for the change in personnel last night. Pederson and Formica do not have the pace on the flanks that we will need to break teams down, hence their withdrawal yesterday. I suspect most teams will be cagey against us at Ewood.

We ground a result out which is always acceptable but there are a number of problems which could easily be rectified but won't be. I suspect we will be promotion contenders regardless of whether or not we make the obvious changes because, quite simply, the standard of opposition seen thus far is woefully behind that of the top flight. Our players are basically premiership standard by and large, and should never have come anywhere near relegation.

This brings me back to my earlier point of simple rectification. The Manager can't or won't see the bigger picture. He relentlessly stands by his friends in the squad to the exclusion of more talented but presumably harder to handle colleagues. How on God's green earth he can prefer Lowe, Marcus, Dunn, Formica and Pederson to other clearly better players is beyond me!

Dunn is (at best) a last twenty minute impact sub. However Gomes now has this role as he conclusively proved last night. To Kean's credit, he played Gomes exactly right and he will be very useful performing this camoe all season hopefully. He mustn't start a game and neither must Dunn. We need a Jordan Rhodes type proper striker urgently; Kazim Richards can then play on the right, Vukcevic on the left and Rochina should be given a chance off the main striker where he could wreak havoc!

Defensively, until the return of Martin O, Givet should play left back (he can do this in the Championship), with Hanley coming in at Centre Half. I suspect that Petrovic has already gone which is a shame. He could have performed well from the bench because, unless Murphy is not yet fit, he will not last ninety minutes this season. He tired too easily last night and dropped deeper as the game wore on. A fit Murphy is someone we cried out for last season. This is another problem for Kean who has made him captain and will be too scared to haul him off. If we are to use the strangely overrated Lowe at all, then he too can be used late on for Murphy.

At the risk of annoying any of you, a rehabilitated and contrite Nzonzi would be fantastic alongside Etuhu who really impressed in patches last night.

A proper Manager would get us promoted. At the moment we don't have that and a roller coaster season is guaranteed.

Finally, some of the insults being traded (proper fans etc.) are unnecesary. Everyone visiting this board will love Rovers in their own way. We must respect individual decisions either way as to how we follow the team in these strange times. Personally, I missed my football this summer and loved being back last night. Three points have made today a little sunnier...

Why on earth would anyone ever listen to talksport?

Brazil is a drunken scottish gobsheete (sound familiar?) whilst his hoppo Irani is a lapdog

Ditto Durham and his poodle Gough and that's not even including the two sycophantic duo's Keys and Gray and Hawksbee and Jacobs

Only Saggers has any sense and he is saddled with Collymore who makes an Ameoba soubd like an Oxford graduate

Marcotti had the sense to abscond to five live

Truly a trash radio station

This season is going to be agony - half of me wanting Rovers to win matches and mount some sort of promotion challenge and the other half wanting us to lose and struggle so that the owners have no option other than finally to get rid of Kean. These mixed emotions probably account for the strange atmosphere at Ewood last night because I'm sure many people feel the same.

I must say I'm looking forward to the next away match as the din and noise created by Rovers fans at Ipswich was excellent.

I think in Ipswich and Hull we just played two midtable Championship teams to be honest. Hull aren't all that, people just think they are because they have a reasonably well known manager with prem experience, but scrapig past Brighton themselves on the opening day tells me they aren't up to that much really.

First big test comes on Saturday, Leicester are a decent side but they are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde, if their players turn up then Rovers will have a real test.

This is the biggest problem in the Championship, knowing which teams are the threat. I cannot for the life of me see teams like Leeds or Burnley playing against us like Hull did. There has to be teams with pace who play at a faster tempo and with more intensity than the opposition last night.

Says it all really - IMO, the Kean effect:

sportingintelligence@sportingintel

#brfc average crowd in second tier 99-00 was 19,253 (lowest 15,671) and in 00-01 average 20,740 (lowest 16,397). All higher than last night

The number of blank advertising boards was shocking last night, half of the ones that were filled were no-mark companies too. Surprised they haven't just slapped a load more Venkys ones there to plug the gaps.

Me an my mate were shocked at that last night, got to be 70% of them blank when you take into account pitch side, big screen, around the middle of the 3 stands and the top of riverside. How the hell can you run a business like this when most of the punters are telling you straight they'll come back on board if the right change is made. Do not Venkys not notice these things or more to the point does no one actually point it out to them ffs! A lot of the boxes seemed to have people in but maybe most were handed over to varoius players familys etc for the night.

This is the biggest problem in the Championship, knowing which teams are the threat. I cannot for the life of me see teams like Leeds or Burnley playing against us like Hull did. There has to be teams with pace who play at a faster tempo and with more intensity than the opposition last night.

We will but only because we have to, Leeds probably will, Cardiff and quite a few others, like Blackpool. Funny thing is I think this division is a lot harder than half of you think and perhaps not quite as tough as the other half of you think. On squad alone you should beat 80% of the division easily.

The number of blank advertising boards was shocking last night, half of the ones that were filled were no-mark companies too. Surprised they haven't just slapped a load more Venkys ones there to plug the gaps.

I was wondering about this why the desperation to pull down the WEC Branding from the Darwen End, some of the advertisements left up are so old The Bee have changed logos numerous times as one example if companies like this are paying for boards surely they would want them updated? I seem to remember McDonalds boards highlighting the Family Stand for what seemed an eternity. I don't think any stand is sponsored at this moment, added to the lack of shirt sponsorship how is this a sensible way to run a club?

Good to see the Match Programme designed by Daniel Agnew it is an eyesore in my collection that is for sure. When I entered the ground 30 minutes before kick off the scoreboard had what looked like a old school Microsoft Word toolbar displayed on it and the big screen didn't even give us a lineup while the teams were being read out. Are these cutbacks or just incompetence, its hard to tell at Ewood now.

We will but only because we have to, Leeds probably will, Cardiff and quite a few others, like Blackpool. Funny thing is I think this division is a lot harder than half of you think and perhaps not quite as tough as the other half of you think. On squad alone you should beat 80% of the division easily.

I don't think the division is particularly tough - but I do think we're not good enough to beat the better teams. We'll pick up points against the likes of Ipswich and Hull and lose to the likes of Blackpool and Cardiff - as I said, we'll finish about halfway.

Archived