BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spotted this on BBC Sport website:

''Three points will make this Rovers' best start to a league season in 12 years''

What's the betting Kean uses it in his post match interview in the unlikely event of us beating Leicester.

Wow, best first three games since we were last in the championship. Well, I'm absolutely stunned. It's all done to Kean's magic touch.

If the Nigel Pearson has anything about him, he'll have seen our tactics against Ipswich and Hull and will see that we are trying to simple grind the opposition down. In fact, we were so unadventrous v Hull that they can really attack us if they want.

He'll also target the 2/3 players that will inevitably start out of position (Lowe, Formica, etc.)

Big big test of Kean's ability and I'm pretty certain he's gonna come up short

Surely Goodwillie has to start tomorrow as our only out and out striker available. I'd imagine gomes will start in the second striker role after he played well when coming off the bench against hull.

I also expect bruno to start at left back with Olsson pushing into left midfield. Both impressed against hull.

Not sure who will play right midfield. I'd like to see rochina and Goodwillie start, think they'll both do well at this level.

He's now saying he thinks we can break the 90-point barrier this season (on the official site).

Hilarious. The red wine must be flowing down at Brockhall.

Our stevie boy can't count to 9 let alone 90.

More change of vulcans buying rovers than us getting 70 points let alone 90.

So sick of his lies and bull.

Kean needs to stop being himself for this match, he needs to think to himself what team would I pick if I wasnt such a pillock.

He needs to keep cdms and cams out of the wing position. he needs to keep wingers out of the striker position (I know kazim has scored but most of the time its obvious he is a winger trying to be a makeshift striker)

Kazim out injured now he has a choice of, Olssonmk2, Simon, Nunes maybe even morris for the wings, and If we get a new striker we will have kazim for the wings and when Olsson is fit he is able to play on the wing. we have Rochina/formica and Gomes for the second striker role.

I dont want to see Lowe at left back or right wing! or Formica at right wing. Sort it out you Buffoon.

I don't rate Goodwillie, but as he's the only fit out and out striker currently at the Club I think he should be starting regardless of the injury to Kazim Richards.

Elsewhere I would certainly be starting Rochina behind the main striker and if he were fit Vukcevic would seem the obvious choice to add width on the right in CKR's absence.

On the other side of the pitch we should stop putting square pegs in round holes and play Martin or Marcus Olsson left hand side of midfield and play a natural left back at left back. Adam Henley or possibly Ribeiro.

I think a line up like that would give us way more attacking impetus than we had on Wednesday night.

Guest Rovers4Good

Ok i'm counting on you for some day-early team news this season :tu::brfcsmilie:

No probs when i'm at home i'll let you know. :)

R4G-does Raheem train with the first team lads?

To be fair i've no idea what he looks like. LOL

I don't rate Goodwillie, but as he's the only fit out and out striker currently at the Club I think he should be starting regardless of the injury to Kazim Richards.

I agree, I know he was crap last season for what little opportunity he was given, but we're in a lower league now and it could be his level.

Guest Rovers4Good

Kazim out for 6 weeks. Big blow.

Did anyone else notice that he injuried his knee when celebrating and not when he got tackled? 100% true

Elsewhere I would certainly be starting Rochina behind the main striker and if he were fit Vukcevic would seem the obvious choice to add width on the right in CKR's absence.

On the other side of the pitch we should stop putting square pegs in round holes and play Martin or Marcus Olsson left hand side of midfield and play a natural left back at left back. Adam Henley or possibly Ribeiro.

I think a line up like that would give us way more attacking impetus than we had on Wednesday night.

That's far too sensible.

I would go:

Robbo / Orr, Hanley, Dann, Givet / Simon, Murphy, Etuhu, Olsson2 (only for some much needed pace) / Rochina / Goodwillie

However, goodness only know what concoction coco will come up with.

I think Leicester will prove to be better than Ipswich and Hull and I can't see us winning.

Possibly, the first of three successive league defeats and the end for Stevie.

I would go:

Robbo / Orr, Hanley, Dann, Givet / Simon, Murphy, Etuhu, Olsson2 (only for some much needed pace) / Rochina / Goodwillie

However, goodness only know what concoction coco will come up with.

I think Leicester will prove to be better than Ipswich and Hull and I can't see us winning.

Possibly, the first of three successive league defeats and the end for Stevie.

As far as the middle and back 4 go this is the ONLY sensible and obvious way to line up which will give us shape and plenty of attacking options. (Doubt Kean will like up like that though!)

Goodwillie is our only striker so has to lead the line. and I think its personal choice who plays behind him out of Rochina, Formica or Dunn (I think dunn should be nothing more than a sub in that poisiton after his last performance until he proves himself-those three should be battling hard for that position But Kean will just play anyone anywhere)

Archived