BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

The more it drags on the more I think that Desai is going to announce Kean World , a fun for all the family theme park in the hills of Lavasa Lake city and the sticking point is that both Desai and Mrs Kean both want to wear fetching green numbers with peacock feather hats at the opening.

Brilliant.

Free donuts upon entry.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the whole world and media is waking up again to the fact we have the strangest owners seen in English football.

The Rao family once again are getting slammed left, right and centre – deservedly so.

This indecision is pathetic and another insult to the fan base, something they seem to be experts in – aside from the conflict of interest which got him the role, Kean should have gone months ago, as he nearly took us down initially in his first season.

They have been quick enough to fire other members of staff so what the **** is holding them back.

One thought i keep coming back to is "Who arranged Kean's contract renewal?". It's not beyond the realms of possibility that his super honest agent would have tried to insert some form of sacking penalty i.e. millions of pounds. Now this would have to be signed off by someone in power at the club and would be flatly rejected at 99% of normal, well run clubs.

Could you imagine if the super honest agent was also the guy who was signing off these contracts?

You know, you might be onto something there.

Hence the 'last minute' phonecall to scupper the sacking last weekend - a reminder that they'd have to pay an exceptionally high amount of compo for sacking him.

Also fits Agnew's smug 'Kean will never be sacked' comment.

However, nothing to stop Venky's from putting the weasel on gardening leave, particularly for his own health and safety's point of view...

So the whole world and media is waking up again to the fact we have the strangest owners seen in English football.

The Rao family once again are getting slammed left, right and centre – deservedly so.

This indecision is pathetic and another insult to the fan base, something they seem to be experts in – aside from the conflict of interest which got him the role, Kean should have gone months ago, as he nearly took us down initially in his first season.

They have been quick enough to fire other members of staff so what the **** is holding them back.

Mrs Desai does not wanna upset her best friend by sacking her dignified hubby whos gone in to hiding and is refusing to come meet his bosses so that he can stay in a job. I heard he was going to be given the bullet on tuesday but he locked his office door and put music on very loudly until quitting time can't sack him after 5pm everyones away home.

One thought i keep coming back to is "Who arranged Kean's contract renewal?".

His agent would have negotiated it and presumably John Williams would have signed it off.

I think everyone needs to take a couple of deep breaths and calm down a bit. We all want to see the back of Kean but it's still only six days since we lost our first game of the season against Boro.

Getting the people you want in sometimes takes a bit of time - if we end up making the right appointment(s) but that means runs into next week then so be it.

His agent would have negotiated it and presumably John Williams would have signed it off.

I think everyone needs to take a couple of deep breaths and calm down a bit. We all want to see the back of Kean but it's still only six days since we lost our first game of the season against Boro.

Getting the people you want in sometimes takes a bit of time - if we end up making the right appointment(s) but that means runs into next week then so be it.

JW was long gone when he contract was revised

What other excuse do they need to sack him

Criminal - check

Tacticially Illiterate - check

Born Liar - check

Scottish - check

Motivational skills of a slug - check

Player judgement of a blind man in a box - check

Astute ringpiece rimmer - check

Too funny even if you did p!ss me off with the 'He's gone' comment earlier!! ^_^

I know Philip posted that Agnew allegedly said this but is there any hard evidence that he actually did say it?

Because all the evidence of events since the weekend point directly to the opposite conclusion. Kean would appear to be very sackable indeed.

At first glance I fully agreed.

Then I saw the words "Shebby Singh" in there. From John Williams to Shebby Singh. We may as well give up.

To be fair, not his fault that he's been hung out to dry. He's attempted to achieve what we all want to see but surprise, surprise it's not been sanctioned ( yet ).

1. John Williams wouldn't have signed the amended pay rise deal that took place last December Rev.

2. Sack him now. Put him on gardening leave. What is there to wait for? Will we stop playing the sparkling football we have enjoyed this season over night or something? Put Eric Black into a caretaker role for the next three games.

Meanwhile the fans are planning a stay away protest next weekend. Why not nip that in the bud now? Oh and the players are rumoured to have fallen out with Kean as well. Who knows? All I know is that 99% of Rovers fans would be delighted it was announced that Kean had left the club 10 seconds after I hit this Post button here.

I know Philip posted that Agnew allegedly said this but is there any hard evidence that he actually did say it?

Because all the evidence of events since the weekend point directly to the opposite conclusion. Kean would appear to be very sackable indeed.

Apart from the fact he hasn't been sacked.....!

WIlliams was long gone when the contract was renewed. If you recall, a certain agent signed off (for free of course) contracts in January for several players, the place was bouncing i seem to remember

Kean's refused to go to India?

You really couldn't make this crap up.

We're a total shambles.

The lying, backstabbing runt couldn't wait to get over to India when he thought things were going well!

JW was long gone when he contract was revised

How many times has his contract been revised? I thought he received his current 2 and a half year deal more or less immediately after he took over and after an inauspicious start.

"Mark my words - He's a thinker." Blah blah blah.

I see Tom has just asked Andy Cryer about the compo and Andy said it should be peanuts.

I'm guessing it will be peanuts to pay off the rest of his contract but how much would it take for Kean to sign an NDA as well ?

Kean wont have to sign an NDA, in my opinion, he is so much a part of things he would be arrested if he said anything!!

You know, you might be onto something there.

Hence the 'last minute' phonecall to scupper the sacking last weekend - a reminder that they'd have to pay an exceptionally high amount of compo for sacking him.

However, nothing to stop Venky's from putting the weasel on gardening leave, particularly for his own health and safety's point of view...

Yes, they really could do that under a duty of care and neither Kean nor Anderson could do nothing about it, simply let his contract run out = Everyone happy!!

How many times has his contract been revised? I thought he received his current 2 and a half year deal more or less immediately after he took over and after an inauspicious start.

"Mark my words - He's a thinker." Blah blah blah.

Contract renewed in Nov 2011, Williams left in Feb 2011

To be honest my guess is it's the NDA that is causing the holdup. The payoff is probably straight forward to sack him with his contract up shortly, but he/his agents could well be negotiating a larger payoff based on him keeping quiet.

None of us really know what's gone on behind the scenes over the last 22 months, maybe Kean is guilty of some wrong doings (Besides his ability as a manager) or maybe he's largely just witnessed a lot, who really knows.

It could be that he'd put himself in trouble by releasing anything but maybe he's playing hardball and suggesting he's prepared to take his chances on being an informant or something, either way could just be a poker game right now with Venky's trying to work out whether or not he's bluffing or whether it's worth just losing some extra cash and folding their hand.

Niot based on anything like most things on here, just thinking out loud really!

Archived