BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldnt fly half-way round the world to be sacked either , but i would have the decency to quit if i was as ###### at my job as he is at his

In everyday life you have an excellent point.

Kean knows that he will never get his current salary ever again. If you had to hold on to get a multi million pound payout, I'm sure you would. As much as I hate Steve Kean, he is totally right to refuse going to India to get fired. Why are they running this club like it is a local supermarket devoid of management. We don't even seem to have people with the authority of checkout supervisors!

It's sad but the firing of Kean will only solve one problem. We are owned by fools that treat this club as I treat my fantasy football team (Logging in three times a season), simple as that.

I get the feeling he's going nowhere, just the same as all the other times it's been looking like he's getting the chop. The way Venky's have handled this is an absolute farce as usual, they couldn't organize a p!ss up in a brewery. If they run their ridiculous chicken company the same way they've been running this club I can see their fathers legacy consisting of sweet FA in a few years...

• Backroom

i wouldnt fly half-way round the world to be sacked either , but i would have the decency to quit if i was as ###### at my job as he is at his

I'd take a 6 figure pay off over decency I think especially as your as far from redeemable as he is anyway

Nicko believes the owners have been sounding out Sherwood for a month. Also insinuates that if the owners were located over here Kean would have been long gone.

Don't accept the latter claim. It didn't cause them a problem firing Allardyce + selected others. I feel sorry for Shebby as he now knows where he stands.

Nicko believes the owners have been sounding out Sherwood for a month. Also insinuates that if the owners were 1) located over here Kean would have been long gone. Now the owners are just waiting for 2) an 'excuse' to sack him.

As if poor results were not enough.

1) There are telephones, e-mail facilities or fax machines.

2) isn't relegation and a 3/4 empty stadium enough of an excuse.

I don't buy that.

I am suprised that Kean hasn't walked. I know he wants the pay off but his reputation is in tatters, at least if he walked and played heavily on the vicitm card there is a good chance that the media would side with him and most likely so would people in the game.

If he walked and claimed unworkable circumstances, no financial backing, fan protests, fans never gave him a proper chance etc i am certain that people would side with him.

I know the chances of him getting another job are slim but if he knows the jig is up for definate i would have thought he would be trying to get out with at least some (small amount of) dignity while deflecting his failures onto everyone else.

Nicko's point was that the owners were all stationed over here when Allardyce was sacked. I'm guessing because Desai is so distant from the physicality and reality of the situation then this could be the biggest of reasons why Kean is still here. In fact I'm convinced.

I think she simply doesn't care.

Nicko believes the owners have been sounding out Sherwood for a month. Also insinuates that if the owners were located over here Kean would have been long gone. Now the owners are just waiting for an 'excuse' to sack him.

And some people wonder why a lot of people struggle to celebrate wins/goals?

I can't believe we're almost back to the situation we were in last season, where it looks like a couple of heavy defeats would be more beneficial to the club in the long run than a couple of wins.

Tweeted three hours ago. Just bring up his Twitter page and do a browser Ctrl+F for "excuse". See what you make of it.

That tweet was to me and a couple of others. What he meant was they've been lining up his sacking for a while but were waiting for an excuse. They got that excuse when we lost to Boro. That's presumably also the reason why Andy Cryer said last week that as soon as we lost he expected Kean to get the sack.

Archived