BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is it time to re hire JW

yoda

If Venky's were serious about making a fresh start at Rovers and trying to wrong the rights that they've made, then re-employing Williams has to be the top priority on their list.

MG Road - you sound convinced about something that is clearly untrue.

Either you've been misinformed or you have a reason to ensure that JW never returns to our club.

Your initials wouldn't happen to be PA and you wouldn't happen to originate from several miles west of Blackburn, by any chance?

If so, I'd like to think that JW would ensure that you were first out of the door, should he make his return.

And rightly so.

You couldn't be more wrong MG.

If Rovers asked him to comeback and gave him certain assurances about being able to run the cub then he would very seriously consider coming back, but i agree that there is no chance that the owners would do this, their paranoia RE JW is absolutely breathtaking.

Not too sure about that Kamy,JW was shockingly booted through the doors of Ewood in disgusting fashion,he must still hurt.

If Venky's were serious about making a fresh start at Rovers and trying to wrong the rights that they've made, then re-employing Williams has to be the top priority on their list.

MG Road - you sound convinced about something that is clearly untrue.

Either you've been misinformed or you have a reason to ensure that JW never returns to our club.

Your initials wouldn't happen to be PA and you wouldn't happen to originate from several miles west of Blackburn, by any chance?

If so, I'd like to think that JW would ensure that you were first out of the door, should he make his return.

And rightly so.

I liked JW. I met him quite a few times before he left. We didn't always agree on certain things but he was professional and given the choice I personally would've done whatever was neccessary to ensure he stayed.

I was told why he was 'let go'. And I know the Rao family well enough to know they'll never have him back (Ditto Tom Finn).

My initials aren't PA. And if certain people at Ewood have their way, PA won't be around for much longer whether JW returns or not.

MG.

I liked JW. I met him quite a few times before he left. We didn't always agree on certain things but he was professional and given the choice I personally would've done whatever was neccessary to ensure he stayed.

I was told why he was 'let go'. And I know the Rao family well enough to know they'll never have him back (Ditto Tom Finn).

My initials aren't PA. And if certain people at Ewood have their way, PA won't be around for much longer whether JW returns or not.

MG.

If the last bit is true that would be justice well and truly served on PNE PA :)

If Rovers asked him to comeback and gave him certain assurances about being able to run the cub then he would very seriously consider coming back, but i agree that there is no chance that the owners would do this, their paranoia RE JW is absolutely breathtaking.

Probably got something to do with that lying rat Kean filling them with nonsence over the protests and JW's apparent involvement, I hate that lying rat and his sidekick Agnew.

MG.

We can only hope thats true, he's almost as much to blame for the current mess as Kean in my book, lined his pockets when he got the chance and does exactly what these days??

Williams wasn't infallible. He made a huge mistake in the Ince appointment (though he corrected it by hiring Sam) and dithered far too long over Souness when it was clear he needed sacking. In the end Souness made the decision for him by jumping ship.

Goes without saying that if he were to return it would probably be the biggest gesture that Venky's could make to show they had learnt some lessons over the past 2 years and wanted to win back the trust of the fans

Won't happen though - not a cat in hell's chance.

I am pretty confident that JW would return on his terms including full control as he had before.

I think he is ready for another challenge - big fish as opposed to small fish at City - especially following the sad loss of his wife.

He didn't get everything right and certainly was not infallible, however, versus Singh, Shaw & Agnew, the man's a genius.

Silly thread imo.

Neither John Williams nor Tom Finn were sacked but both left of their own volition having negotiated suitable compensation packages.

John Williams has since found employment at Manchester City. Why would you want to leave City for any Club, let alone one in the Championship?

As far as I know Tom Finn still lives locally and hasn't moved on to another Club so his return might be more feasible hypothetically and in my view the better appointment anyway but even that would be extremely unlikely in practice one would have thought.

Silly thread imo.

Neither John Williams nor Tom Finn were sacked but both left of their own volition having negotiated suitable compensation packages.

John Williams has since found employment at Manchester City. Why would you want to leave City for any Club, let alone one in the Championship?

As far as I know Tom Finn still lives locally and hasn't moved on to another Club so his return might be more feasible hypothetically and in my view the better appointment anyway but even that would be extremely unlikely in practice one would have thought.

One suspects that it was either that or a constructive dismissal claim and all the adverse fallout that would have brought for Venky's and associates !!!

It would be naive to think that they wanted out of jobs they both loved - IMO, they were reduced to almost 'glorified office boys' (maybe a bit ott, but you get my drift).

Quite clear that you were no fan of either the Walker Trust or JW and it does seem a tad personal where you are concerned.

Venkys are still yet to make one good decision.

Hopefully Berg will be the first, but only time will tell.

Getting rid of PA would be a good way to do something good, although we all know how reliable they are at sacking people.

There's more chance of Agnew walking then getting the usual pay off to keep quiet.

I don't get this thread, stop living in the past, JW did a great job in his time and hell be remembered for a long time to come, but everybody and there dog knows that Venkys and JW will never work together, their on completely different wave lengths(or planets in venkys case).

and as much as I dislike Agnew(and even shaw to a certain extent), we would have to have genuine experienced footballing people in line to take their places before they go as there is no way Shebby would even know where to begin with the day to day running of a football club and there doesn't seem to be anybody else on staff at rovers willing to stick there head out of the para-pit to step up and take on the responsibilities.

I can't believe this hasn't been questioned yet.

I thought you were just a mid level staffer quietly going about you business? Under what circumstances would you ever have met him? Come off it.

I don't get this thread, stop living in the past, JW did a great job in his time and hell be remembered for a long time to come, but everybody and there dog knows that Venkys and JW will never work together, their on completely different wave lengths(or planets in venkys case).

and as much as I dislike Agnew(and even shaw to a certain extent), we would have to have genuine experienced footballing people in line to take their places before they go as there is no way Shebby would even know where to begin with the day to day running of a football club and there doesn't seem to be anybody else on staff at rovers willing to stick there head out of the para-pit to step up and take on the responsibilities.

As much as JW would look like god in charge versus these loons it would be an interesting 'Question Time' from fans if he did.

We would be desperate to know some of the detail behind the sale to Venkys which might become very uncomfortable both for him and for Venkys which is why it will never happen.

Not a chance this will happen and the old regime are despised in the corridors of power at Ewood but it would be fun to see the mud slinging if it did and that might start to unravel the untold mysteries of the demise of our club

MG.

Not a chance this will happen and the old regime are despised in the corridors of power at Ewood but it would be fun to see the mud slinging if it did and that might start to unravel the untold mysteries of the demise of our club

I don't see how it would be fun! unless your feeling a little masochistic :P , any illegal wrong doings that officially came to light now 'would mean the final demise of our club', hopefully the worst is in the past and as long as the clubs competing in all areas now then I'm happy(nobody was killed or hurt so i say let it be).

dont these 2 work for talksport.

If he'd come back, or at least Finn, the Roas should go get them. I think Berg will come good as a manager, but the Rovers have a huge problem on the administrative side of things. JW/Finn would solve those problems for them.

Those bridges are burned. Even if Rovers did ask (Hell would freeze over first), Mr. Williams wouldn't accept.

Then the Raos are fools.

Why am I not surprised?

Daft topic. Clearly there was and is an enormous amount of bad blood between them for whatever reason. Plus, the gig JW had before - complete control - was a function of disinterested owners. By definition he was never going to keep that no matter who bought us, because whoever bought us had more interest in owning us than who was selling us.

WHY do Venky's care about JW or what the fans think? Seriously!!! It is their club to do what they want with which is to promote Venky's!!

If we had stayed in the top 10 of the Premier League under SA Venky's would not have had any exposure. Just like Stoke, Villa and Sunderland owners.

They needed to destroy the club for MARKETING purposes. I bet Everton fans are so glad they didn't pick them instead of us as both had been offered.

In interviews they have brushed off the fans anger and protests with comments such as "when you have 50,000 angry chicken farmers protesting that is a problem to us, not a few thousand football fans"

There is another quote which states that taking over BRFC has had untold benefits for Venky's - everyone knows them now across the globe. The best marketing tool ever. It is a very clever plan when you think about it.

Minimal expense for GLOBAL marketing. We cannot stop them as both negative and positive comments are welcomed and push the brand further. All this "Venky's Out" was what they wanted!!

They have now realised that very little coverage is given the the Championship and nobody talks about Blackburn Rovers anymore and as a result they need to be back in the Premier League.

We are a marketing tool and we have no power to stop it!!!!!!!

Archived