BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - it was a knee injury that ruled him out for 6 months that meant his loan spell at West Ham was cut short. Nothing to do with him not 'cutting it'.

In fairness I seem to rem after Allardyce signed Andy Carroll on loan his next move was David Bentley to supply a stream of accurate crosses. The subsequent long term injury screwed that up and he was sent back to Spurs.

In fairness I seem to rem after Allardyce signed Andy Carroll on loan his next move was David Bentley to supply a stream of accurate crosses. The subsequent long term injury screwed that up and he was sent back to Spurs.

Is that right? I thought Bentley went there when West Ham were in the Championship.

Is that right? I thought Bentley went there when West Ham were in the Championship.

Bentley went there at the start of last season, you are correct Le Chuck, the Championship year. Subsequently Bentley was sidelined with a knee injury (6 months) and was sent back to Spurs after about 4/5 games.

I don't know if its just since the whole Kean fiasco or I'm just noticing it more now but it feels like Rovers fans have become more entitled.

almost to the point where we are retrospectively proving other teams fans and clueless pundits right about what they said about us back then

Its been 2 years + of virtually unmitigated misery. What sort of reaction do you expect?

We are bound to look back at what we have lost rather than look forward to more of Life with the Venkys.

Just off topic.

REVEALED: Which prominent football agent was filmed performing a tantric dance ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289981/Charles-Sale-Football-agent-Jerome-Anderson-performs-tantric-dance.html

Assuming that is him then if it doesn't involve chucking the car keys in then I'll show my arse on the Town Hall steps. Funny why 'love' isn't the emotion that affects me when I see the @#/? but maybe it is a pointer as to why he holds such store with th'injuns.

Appleton: Rovers stars can be heroes

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10276366.Appleton__Rovers_stars_can_be_heroes/

Sounds like Steve Kean with a red top journalist.

@CryerRovers

Team I expect sunday. Kean, henley, dann, hanley, rekik, bentley, lowe, peds, olsson, best, rhodes

Millwall must be getting excited when they find that this Blackburn team can't run fast, cant tackle, and can't head the ball. Just hope Leon Best makes a massive difference.

Appy days !

Interesting that even with a total lack of viable alternatives, Murphy still isn't in Cryer's predicted starting line up.

He wouldn't be in my team either, i'd play Lowe, Pedersen, Bentley there ahead of him. He doesn't deserve to be in the team with the amount of effort he's been putting in. Dropping him for just one game wouldn't give out the right message.

I'd love us to get to Wembley and Murphy have to watch from the sidelines.

Got a sneaky feeling we might just get through to the semi final of the cup leaving Appleton even more frustrated than he already is.

We've got several over hyped and over paid players that really don't give toss about the championship, but will see the FA Cup as a legitimate competition due to its prestige and medal that goes with winning the thing, but we'll see what transpires on Sunday.

Interesting comments from The Mirror's Martin Lipton:

“If they get through [to Wembley] that gives them an extra financial bump to help with that overhaul he wants, and it underpins Appleton’s position,” claims Martin. “He can tell Venky’s: ‘Despite the rubbish I was left with and all the problems, I’ve delivered an FA Cup semi-final – give me the chance to do it properly over the summer. Give me the sensible money we need to do it and I’ll get you promoted next year.’”

Guest Norbert

Any youngster doesn't have a chance at Citeh unless they're as good as Messi. Like Chelsea, unless you're some sh_t hot foreigner with the hype (e.g. Hazard, Oscar, Silva, Aguero) you're going to be on the bench. If you were a promising 13-18 year old from Grimsby, you're better off signing for Norwich, Swansea etc., then get a massive contract at Citeh to do f_ck all for a few years. Only 2 of the bigger clubs consistently give youngsters a go-Man Utd and Arsenal. Spurs are starting to play a few like Livermore, and persisted with Bale until he came good, but how long that conveyer belt lasts I don't know.

So in short, Rekik probably never gets a game because the Arabs could easily buy the latest new sensation from Brazil, or Portugal without bothering to carefully introduce and develop a younger player. Having said that, he might just be a bit of a Sonny Pike. You never know.

He wouldn't be in my team either, i'd play Lowe, Pedersen, Bentley there ahead of him. He doesn't deserve to be in the team with the amount of effort he's been putting in. Dropping him for just one game wouldn't give out the right message.

I'd love us to get to Wembley and Murphy have to watch from the sidelines.

I disagree completely with that. If it's Lowe and Pedersen in central midfield we can completely forget Wembley imo. Bentley/Lowe wouldn't be far behind in terms of awfulness.

Murphy has been poor at times none more so than against Peterborough but he is still far more preferable than either of the combos listed above. He must play if fit and available in the absence of Jones imo.

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but is Dunn injured? It seems odd he can't get any time on the pitch whatsoever even if he couldn't get through a full 90 mins.

Archived