SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond madness.

We are looking for our FOURTH manager in one season.

I don't care if they were Mourinho, Sir Alex, Guardiola and Wenger, there is simply no way that any club can progress when we're unwilling to give anyone more than 2 months.

This is the end of Blackburn Rovers. I can see another relegation ahead of us. What people who are happy to see Appleton go don't get is that noone will go near us with a barge pole. We will only ever get this level of manager. At least Appleton knew how to fix us and would have done it over the summer. Now we're royally screwed. Here we come League One!

One quick sacking is extraordinary but two within months is an absolute joke.

It is also a very good legal way to move money out of the club;) with pay offs , and people negotiating those pay offs and new contracts . So what's the betting for a long shot odds manager to come in? Perhaps we are offering laundry services ?

Crazy times! Neither Kean, Berg or Appleton should have been appointed in the first place. The people making these mistakes should be replaced with people who know how to run a football club.

Sadly they are just going to appoint another novice and this circus will carry on and on.

Didn't you want him gone?

Quite the opposite. I was more than willing to give the guy a chance that he deserves. He sorted the backroom staff out and was talking a lot of sense. The guy didn't have a full week of training with the players due to the fixture pile up.

He deserved a chance and this is the final straw for me. You really think these incompetant morons can select a manager? Do me a favour!

Madness? THIS. IS. VENKY'S!

Only sensible thing they can do now is let Bowyer and McPhillips see out the rest of the season and then look at who's available in the summer. The initial confidence exuded by Appleton quickly dissipated after a string of abysmal, toothless displays. Perhaps he could've been the man long-term but that's a big risk to take on an unknown quantity. This club has been screaming out for an experienced manager for two years and yet Venky's, through their own arrogance and incompetence, have overlooked this most basic of paradigms time and time again. Lord only knows where the club goes from here. Probably more board-room politics capped off by the most underwhelming of underwhelming appointments.

6 clean sheets (for the opposition) in the last 8 games played. 3 goals scored, 2 of which came in the loss to Peterborough. A last minute offside goal against 10 man Burnley at home. 2 points from the last 18 available, 18th in the league and 4 points from safety.

I don't dislike MA, but he was never qualified for the role, so can someone please tell me what we will be missing with him gone? We might just stay up now.

After the way SA was removed on an anti football charter, no suprise to me the Lunes from Pune did not like the uneducated hoofball we have been forced to suffer of late. Suprised at those who hated football under Sam trotting out the give him more time twaddle. Wish I had a quid for everytime I read that under Kidd, Ince, Lying tw*t, Berg and Appleton.

It is also a very good legal way to move money out of the club;) with pay offs , and people negotiating those pay offs and new contracts . So what's the betting for a long shot odds manager to come in?

Have to admit I was thinking the same thing. This smells fishy...again...and probably a decision that is not made in the best interest of the club. How anyone can see this as a good move is beyond me. Blackburn Rovers' reputation is now tarnished for years and years to come. Would love to get an experienced manager in, but think the best we can hope for is some no-name or Grant.

Thank you, Venkys! You have proven again that there is no rock bottom - what next?

Bowyer until the end of the season according to the BBC. Like him but not the answer long term.

Appleton was the right man given time imo. Disastrous day for the club. Suspect the owners were getting twitchy about being only 4 points from the drop.

Hopefully the stories about Probiz coming in to the club are true and they can make some decent decisions. Macdermott, Curbishley, Adkins or Hughes for me.

Quite the opposite. I was more than willing to give the guy a chance that he deserves. He sorted the backroom staff out and was talking a lot of sense. The guy didn't have a full week of training with the players due to the fixture pile up.

He deserved a chance and this is the final straw for me. You really think these incompetant morons can select a manager? Do me a favour!

Apologies. I've obviously got you kixed up with someone else.

Whilst I didn't rate him, we will now have weeks of dithering and indecision and in all probability, another poor appointment.

If our administrators were any cop, this would've been a good move (but then if they were any cop, he'd never have been appointed ...)

As it stands, they're most certainly not, and from that angle, this decision may well relegate us (although Appleton was doing a fair job of that anyway).

It is also a very good legal way to move money out of the club;) with pay offs , and people negotiating those pay offs and new contracts . So what's the betting for a long shot odds manager to come in? Perhaps we are offering laundry services ?

I just don't want to think about that.

My bloods boiling as it is.

Holy crap.

We really are a shambles. Any stability that Appleton brought has now gone out of the window.

Relegation a real, real possibility now.

There must be something bigger going down....

Bottom of the form table one might argue that relegation was a real possibility if he'd stayed.

Anyway the circus goes on. One thing though there's never a dull moment is there? Funny pic of Appleton in the LET last night. Dunny had run over to him and was celebrating madly with Appleton but Appleton looked as miserable as sin. Struck me as mighty odd so maybe he knew that the sword of Damocles was hanging over him then.

God forbid SS has a say in things again....although he never truly went away. Never the biggest fan of MA's appointment, defeat aginst the scum would have been the end for me, he has brought some stability. But with this lot in charge, sense goes out of the window. What chance a proper manager now?

Archived