SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Thinking about it, The Sun is the only source of this, and from there, Twitter has gone mad. Not official yet, but with Venky's who knows?

Shocking decision!!!!!!! Absolutely ludicrous.

Hope the fans who wanted him gone are happy now!

Don't think many wanted him gone but we did want him to alter his tactics a bit because they were not working !

Guest Norbert

I have answered that already. I have no idea as I no longer follow football to that extent. Everyone is potentially available. I just think that keeping the status quo is the worst option.

We should get Mourinho in the summer then. Any manager doing a good job at A.N. Other club would look at the season, all the managers we've had and would ask for stupid wages if they wanted it at all.

Appleton, whilst I was getting fed up with his tactics, was good for this club. He should at the very least stayed till the end of the season. He's kept Shebby and all the other voices in Venky's ear out of the team business and the players supposedly enjoy working for him. I'm really sad about this as I wanted to see what he could do in the Summer. I was looking forward to a Summer of sensible signings. Now we should just let Bowyer run the team till the end of the season and then appoint a new manager in the Summer and let him bring his own players in.

Two months is enough is it?

You're as big a joke as Venky's.

Might want to ask Berg if it was.

If you were happy with the improvement on and off the pitch then fair play to you. In fact enlighten me with a tangible improvement he brought, I'd be interested to hear it.

Enough. Boycott the rest of the season for me.

It's a weird one. It's almost like the right decision for the wrong reasons.

If they have the sense to stick Bowyer in charge and take time to pick a candidate in the summer then I'm prepared to wait and see.

If another man is brought through the door who resembles a huge risk (like Berg and Appleton) then yeah - that's it over really.

It's a weird one. It's almost like the right decision for the wrong reasons.

If they have the sense to stick Bowyer in charge and take time to pick a candidate in the summer then I'm prepared to wait and see.

If another man is brought through the door who resembles a huge risk (like Berg and Appleton) then yeah - that's it over really.

Can't argue with that.

This decision by Venkys are maybe the best they have ever done.

We have been rubbish under Appleton, apart from some lucky wins in some very tight games in the beginning of his spell here.

We have gone seven games in a row without winning in the Championship and lost four of them. To make it even worse, the teams behind us in the league is in good form.

You can moan all you want about "Now we are going down to league one" and "Now I don't want to go to Ewood anymore", but with Appy in charge for the rest of the season, we would play League One football next season.

Might want to ask Berg if it was.

If you were happy with the improvement on and off the pitch then fair play to you. In fact enlighten me with a tangible improvement he brought, I'd be interested to hear it.

One quick sacking is extraordinary but two within months is an absolute joke.

We are a complete joke if this is true.

Our owners and senior management deserve the club to be relegated, IMO.

I think there may be a bigger story behind all this and those conversant with insolvency law might now be thinking cynically.

Archived