SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Blackpool **Updated with Colourful Graphs!*

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Pretty terrible result

Nonexistent tactics and poor execution but at least we didn't lose though nearly did

Williamson head and shoulders above the rest with Kane decent as well

Massive massive massive goal by Rhodes. Lose that and face Cardiff next things would look very bleak. A point is not great but it moves us above Charlton and Huddersfield and keeps Blackpool in it.

Could not see us getting anything from that once we conceded first. Relieved at the point and edge closer to safety but going to be nervy.

• Backroom

I think GB and the Players will pick up enough points to limp home but it will have to be a lot better than that

We had a few shots at least but most of them pot shots from distance but did Create 3 proper chances in the second half

I think GB and the Players will pick up enough points to limp home but it will have to be a lot better than that

We had a few shots at least but most of them pot shots from distance but did Create 3 proper chances in the second half

I can see us winning at least one game and maybe drawing 3 or 4. That would take us to 53/54 points which should be enough. What a sorry state we are in, limping to survival in the championship.

Positives, unbeaten in 2, 5 games unbeaten under Bowyer. Williamson and Kane sounded very good. Rhodes scored another goal - need him scoring.

Negatives - too many to mention.

• Backroom

On reflection whilst a point is not enough we didn't lose and at least it gives the team and GB something to build on.

Hopefully he has seen that the first half set up just doesn't work, Rhodes may well have sat down he was so isolated, if you had players running off him then fair enough but that wasn't happening.

Kazim may be key to getting Rhodes in the game more

• Backroom

Reckon our goal difference could help us out looking at the teams around us. How the hell have Huddersfield got minus 24 points?, they have to be one of the teams we 're targeting 3 points off.

They are but so were burnley, Peterborough and Blackpool and we couldn't beat any of them

• Backroom

It's still massively in our hands as

Same games played as the bottom three but 5 points ahead with a better goal difference, it would take a pretty disastrous run in to see us relegated

Thought Kane and Williamson were the best players for us today and thought Lowe was good aswell.

King and Jones should have scored before the goal.

Their goal was a clear foul and should have been given.

Rhodes scoring again and good to see.

Clear pen for us when Kaz was foul and the ref should have given it. very poor decision.

thought the 4-3-3 worked better in the second half when we pass it more quickly and more movement.

Good start by Gary Bowyer and the players want to play for him

did Ince and Phillips played today cos they were very quiet and thought was down to us.

I said at the outset it was a team set up not to lose. How depressing is that against a team in and around us at home? We concede yet again from a set piece, very sloppy goal IMO. JR showed yet again how deadly he is in the box, yet we don't set up the team again to play to his strengths. Only when Colin, and to a lesser extent, Best, came on we were better.

Otherwise I thought the defence coped, Kane is a prospect (although I accept not for us), Williamson did well, Lowe was busy. King struggled, as did Dunny. Just can't play Rhodes as a lone striker!!

Fear for us on Monday. Relegation still hangs over us...

Thought Kane did very well. The ever improving Hanley was also very solid. Two poor teams on this showing and the draw was probably just about right.

Good to see JR scoring again but apart from that he was virtually non existent. Granted playing upfront alone. Muted atmosphere, vital we did not lose, season can't end soon enough for me.

It's still massively in our hands as

Same games played as the bottom three but 5 points ahead with a better goal difference, it would take a pretty disastrous run in to see us relegated

A disastrous run something like the last 30 games perhaps?

We had a clear gameplan unlike under Appleton, the midfield looked good and controlled the game, in particular Williamson.

Jones and Williamson both split off Lowe and that gave them the freedom to run forward a bit, I would like them to get even further forward to support Rhodes.

In the first half I felt Rhodes did well at times to lay off King and Dunn and made some good runs but both King and Dunn were very wasteful; Dunn was far too greedy and although King has good pace, his decision making is woeful. I would bring in Kazim.

I also thought Kane was good but Morris was appalling.

I think Dunn showed today why talk of offering him a new one year deal is folly.

He huffed and puffed and ultimately blew himself out.

Good player, heart in BRFC but his legs will no longer carry his... muscular frame.

Archived