BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Blackpool **Updated with Colourful Graphs!*

Should have given the ball to Kane more often in the first half, he was in miles of space every single time because Ince can't track back to save his life, which is probably why he switched wings second half

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why did some fans booed the players when the half time whislte went. very negative and pathetic.

this league is difficult and any team cant beat anyone. very tough league

Tough league? Anyone remember the regular line up of the side that won the third div. title - I can't. Metcalfe and Parkes, along with Beamish for starters. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked better than this one.

As bad as England the other nite?...don't think so.Both teams had a lot at stake today and will both be pleased at the point gained towards building for next season, however the future looks brighter for us considering we will have more funds to strengthen.

thought i would peek.

now i remember why i put you on ignore.

Tough league? Anyone remember the regular line up of the side that won the third div. title - I can't. Metcalfe and Parkes, along with Beamish for starters. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked better than this one.

Roger Jones

Mick Heaton

Andy Burgin

Stuart Metcalfe

Graham Hawkins

Derek Fazackerley

Ken Beamish

Graham Oates

Mike Hickman

Tony Parkes

Don Martin

One or two of those would get into our current team.

Roger Jones

Mick Heaton

Andy Burgin

Stuart Metcalfe

Graham Hawkins

Derek Fazackerley

Ken Beamish

Graham Oates

Mike Hickman

Tony Parkes

Don Martin

Especially Roger Jones , Faz ,Hawkins , Metcalfe and probably Parkes ..

Poor game , played out by 2 poor teams ....

We didn't deserve to lose , also believe Blackpool have more chance of going down than us , time will tell ..

I don't believe, we will go down this season ,but next one unless attitudes change to the managerial situation , we are doomed !

Parkes was so underrated as a player.

When he wasn't playing, you realised how good he was because we missed him so much.

His broken leg probably cost us promo that season.

Roger Jones

Mick Heaton

Andy Burgin

Stuart Metcalfe

Graham Hawkins

Derek Fazackerley

Ken Beamish

Graham Oates

Mike Hickman

Tony Parkes

Don Martin

Oates was the bet player in that 11. Just what seems to be required at the moment.

will you stop following my post.

always having a go. nothing more than a bully

I will just add though, chaddy.

One of us calls people stupid, pathetic, idiot, amongst other insults.

If you are going to dish it out, you have to learn to take it.

Just watched an Alan shearer rovers goals compilation, in front of packed Ewoods, jubilant away crowds. I know I'm a johnny come lately and according to some of our fans a glory hunter, but that's why I started supporting rovers when I was 5 or 6 cos of that mans goals, he was my hero and was who I always Pretended I was when I played footy and still do! So sad how it's all turned out, as good as it felt back then, it feels twice as bad now. Football Now feels like something I want to avoid cos it only causes me pain. I'm a southerner and know only 1 rovers fan where I live (and unfortunately 3 burnley fans) but I feel an amazing affinity to the town of Blackburn and our football team. Can only pray for our future!

Glad I got that off my chest

Also Oates and Martin were both streets ahead of anything we have now. The 'Don' in particular was a class above anything we have seen this season - could play centre-back, midfield or striker and would would walk into this team. I can't believe just how far we have fallen under the Venky mob. The sad thing is some folk actually think that the same family that has brought this club to its knees is suddenly going to rebuild it!

Just watched an Alan shearer rovers goals compilation, in front of packed Ewoods, jubilant away crowds. I know I'm a johnny come lately and according to some of our fans a glory hunter, but that's why I started supporting rovers when I was 5 or 6 cos of that mans goals, he was my hero and was who I always Pretended I was when I played footy and still do! So sad how it's all turned out, as good as it felt back then, it feels twice as bad now. Football Now feels like something I want to avoid cos it only causes me pain. I'm a southerner and know only 1 rovers fan where I live (and unfortunately 3 burnley fans) but I feel an amazing affinity to the town of Blackburn and our football team. Can only pray for our future!

Glad I got that off my chest

Sounds like you are saying your goodbyes.

With the greatest of respect, this is exactly what a lot of Northern children will be saying about Chelsea in the none-too-distant future.

Children are always drawn to success - particularly the Sky generation who have never known any different - it's all I can do to keep my kids interested [in Rovers].

I bought my youngest a Rovers flag today for his bedroom wall and he was made up. Maybe there is still hope.

Oates was the bet player in that 11. Just what seems to be required at the moment.

I rated Oates as well, he was big and mobile but good with the ball at his feet. He also weighed in with the old vital goal from time to time. I thought he'd make it big when he got that move to Newcastle but he never really took off there, a pal once told me he lacked confidence in his ability.

Roger Jones, Metcalfe, Hawkins, Parkes , Martin would all also improve our current team.

Sounds like you are saying your goodbyes.

With the greatest of respect, this is exactly what a lot of Northern children will be saying about Chelsea in the none-too-distant future.

Children are always drawn to success - particularly the Sky generation who have never known any different -

I bought my youngest a Rovers flag today for his bedroom wall and he was made up. Maybe there is still hope.

I will never give up on rovers, I've been hooked for life! My family are all qpr and Middlesbrough fans due to where my parents were born, and I get constant abuse for being a Blackburn fan from all around me, but it just makes my passion stronger. I would support rovers if we were a non league side . I get to maybe 5-7 games a season, mostly away games but I just feel deflated by how the club Is being run- like everyone I guess, Saturday's are always a disappointment and it's just so depressing!!

Stuart your exactly right too, if it wasn't for sky I wouldn't be a rovers fan- fact

I will never give up on rovers, I've been hooked for life! My family are all qpr and Middlesbrough fans due to where my parents were born, and I get constant abuse for being a Blackburn fan from all around me, but it just makes my passion stronger. I would support rovers if we were a non league side . I get to maybe 5-7 games a season, mostly away games but I just feel deflated by how the club Is being run- like everyone I guess, Saturday's are always a disappointment and it's just so depressing!!

Stuart your exactly right too, if it wasn't for sky I wouldn't be a rovers fan- fact

Good on you! :tu:

There's no doubting that you're an honourary Blackburner - the bit in bold gave you away! :D

Also Oates and Martin were both streets ahead of anything we have now. The 'Don' in particular was a class above anything we have seen this season - could play centre-back, midfield or striker and would would walk into this team. I can't believe just how far we have fallen under the Venky mob. The sad thing is some folk actually think that the same family that has brought this club to its knees is suddenly going to rebuild it!

i even remember him going in goal during one game.

Archived