BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LIKE WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

never been arrested tho

WHY ABBEY HAVE YOU BEEN NAUGHTY BOY???? :lol::lol::lol:

Like has been said have you never gone above the limit or had an after hour beer? Or watched a stream ! Downloaded films or music ?

• Backroom

If we got promoted you can guarantee people would be on the pitch but its obvious there is a different response to celebratory and angry pitch invasions

• Moderation Lead

It is funny that people who haven't gone on the pitch themselves are criticising the rest of the fans for also not going on the pitch...

Some sort of bizarre moral high ground right there!

Also just because we don't want/can't afford criminal records doesn't mean to say we're not angry. Being angry and getting violent or physically aggressive are not the same thing. Some of the best anger is very controlled

Did anyone see those naughty Hull fans on the pitch yesterday? Well, Ive just rung HCFC and 2,396 of them were arrested and 2,396 received banning orders. The 3,724 Cardiff fans that went on when they sealed their promotion were all arrested and 3,724 also received banning orders. The 1,998 Huddersfield fans who ended up on the green stuff were also arrested and received banning orders, etc etc.

Proper football fans.

There were no arrests and no banning orders down at the renamed Ewood Meek & Mild Park.

Venky's know they can do what they want without response.

Huge difference with fans going on the pitch in celebration or at the end of the season (which clubs turn a blind eye to) and fans going onto the pitch in a protest - which would be considered an offence.

Desai would think that John Williams has personally incited you to run onto the pitch so it wouldn't work as a protest anyway. Because that is what John Williams does - he personally organises protests when he isn't doing his job at Manchester City.

No wonder Kean, Agnew, Shaw and Shebby get jobs at Rovers when Desai is gullible enough to think John Williams is secretly conspiring against them.

Huge difference with fans going on the pitch in celebration or at the end of the season (which clubs turn a blind eye to) and fans going onto the pitch in a protest - which would be considered an offence.

how many wolves fans got arrested?

You're well suited in the soft south. Pitch protests have worked in the past and they can work again.

I quite agree. But if going on the pitch is an offence, it's an offence. It's like folk driving at 50 mph in a 30 zone. If they're driving along with a happy, smiling face, don't do anything. If they look annoyed or angry, then book them.

An organised 'sit in' would not have needed to become violent. Just 3000 like minded supporters calmly walking on at a designated time and sitting down. Something to embarrass the Indians by and get the press and media on our side, although admittedly most are on our side now.

The point I was making is that our support has become 'wet' in comparison to that of most other clubs.

And yes, I've been on the pitch before, three times in fact. Willington away in 73, Port Vale away in 75 and Forest at Ewood around 1977. Once in celebration, once in indifference and once to suppress a red tide of Forest fans trying to come across the pitch to get in the Blackburn End. They never made it because in those days the Blackburn End used to do what it had to do. Proper fans. B)

once to suppress a red tide of Forest fans trying to come across the pitch to get in the Blackburn End. They never made it because in those days the Blackburn End used to do what it had to do. Proper fans. B)

"Gav wipes a tear from his eye"

And yes, I've been on the pitch before, three times in fact. Willington away in 73, Port Vale away in 75 and Forest at Ewood around 1977. Once in celebration, once in indifference and once to suppress a red tide of Forest fans trying to come across the pitch to get in the Blackburn End. They never made it because in those days the Blackburn End used to do what it had to do. Proper fans. B)

What about Bury away, 2nd promotion from Div 3?

Remember the Forest game, rum lot Forest fans in those days.

I kind of agree with Abbey's sentiment. I get the feeling that too many Rovers fans are happy to sit back and let others try 'sort it out'. Even if a pitch invasion was legal I bet some still say '.....can't be arsed....it won't solve ewt....'.

There probably isn't really a method of sorting anything out, but at least showing some intent sends a message out that we won't just stand round and smile whilst the proverbial burglar nicks our Grandfather's medals.

If the worst comes to the worst, I hope no one looks back wishing they'd have at least shown some fight, irrespective of what it would have achieved.

I kind of agree with Abbey's sentiment. I get the feeling that too many Rovers fans are happy to sit back and let others try 'sort it out'. Even if a pitch invasion was legal I bet some still say '.....can't be arsed....it won't solve ewt....'.

There probably isn't really a method of sorting anything out, but at least showing some intent sends a message out that we won't just stand round and smile whilst the proverbial burglar nicks our Grandfather's medals.

If the worst comes to the worst, I hope no one looks back wishing they'd have at least shown some fight, irrespective of what it would have achieved.

I guess it's a bit like poll tax civil disobedience back in the 80's. I was living away from Blackburn and our group was coached in tactics by some guys from Glasgow.( Maggie had tried it out on the Scots first). Maybe the Spirit of Shankly are playing a similar role here?

Back then it was agreed and accepted without recrimination that individuals could go as far as they were comfortable.Some only went as far as the first red bill, some as far as the first court summons, some to court and obviously some were prepared to go to prison etc

The point here is that protesters were signed up to the same objective. All protesters were travelling in the same direction, just "got off the bus" at different points.

As stated earlier in this thread, it can't just be about being angry. We need a clear desired outcome(s) and a whole menu of actions including many already suggested 1) to affect the owners and 2) to gain publicity for the cause.

I think we may have a lot of work to do before everyone even agrees the objectives.e.g some clearly want Venky's out, others are worried about what would happen if they left.

The superficial football celebrities has already shamefully stigmatised Rovers fans for protesting at the rape of our club...(Sorry again to Radio Lancs, but that is what has been going on). We would have to plan a strategy for outmanoeuvring Cundy, Merson, Nicholas et al as well as lazy journalists.

I think we already have a few allies. Gordon Taylor, Jack Straw..Dr Who, Henry Winter. I am sure people will know of more. I like the idea suggested earlier of a letter in a national paper, asking for John Williams to speak out.

Archived