BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Glen is spot on. Although, it has to be said, we weren't complaining much til Venkys arrived and squandered it all.

I didnt hear any Rovers fans complaining when we were in the PL and getting Millions pounds from TV deal and sponsorship.

Funny has people change their view now we arent in the PL and struggle in the championship

I thought this thread was about what makes football fans angry???

sorry

I didnt hear any Rovers fans complaining when we were in the PL and getting Millions pounds from TV deal and sponsorship.

Funny has people change their view now we arent in the PL and struggle in the championship

Didn't I just imply exactly that? :wacko:

• Backroom

I know plenty of people who were complaining about the state of football when we were in the PL, so maybe you just don't mix in particularly perceptive circles Chadster.

Shame nobody knows any fans visiting the IPL game in Pune tomorrow.

You can guarantee that the Rao's will not be thinking about Blackburn whilst the cash crickets on. Another sport packaged and tarted up for the masses.

I never understand the 'Sky is evil' thing.

People pay the subscriptions to watch the football. Why is it Sky's fault for providing an in-demand service?

It's like blaming a player for earning the wage he does.

People pay the subscriptions to watch the football. Why is it Sky's fault for providing an in-demand service?

We should'nt need to pay subscriptions plenty of money in advertising, SKY are just another greedy corporation, hope hmrc are looking at their

tax affairs.

Millions of football fans were quite happy to go to games at 3pm on sat afternoon before sky got involved and spoiled it for many.

without the sky money, the premiership would still be in the dark ages!!!

Good ! as I see it the only people who have prospered are overpaid players,dodgy agents, managers and administrators not

forgetting probably around 90% of the foreign owners that would never have been anywhere near British football if SKY had

not got involved.

We should'nt need to pay subscriptions plenty of money in advertising, SKY are just another greedy corporation.

I'd say there was less money in advertising now for sky than there has ever been. Subscriptions is the way forward, the advertising will follow.

It's at times like these that I'm happy I have some other sporting interests that can distract me from what the venkys are doing to my beloved rovers.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) is one of those interests. Unfortunatley it seems that Balaji Rao has decided to tarnish that on me now too (whilst simultaniously dragging rovers name through the mud some more)... I'm just after going onto an MMA forum where the story below is the main talking point.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2156617&forum=1&page=1&pc=5

Scum. (Venkys, not fans of MMA!)

Without Sky money English football would be a fairer competition. Sky money has ruined our national game.

Wonder if grassroots football has benefited from all this money at the top of our professional game.

It's at times like these that I'm happy I have some other sporting interests that can distract me from what the venkys are doing to my beloved rovers.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) is one of those interests. Unfortunatley it seems that Balaji Rao has decided to tarnish that on me now too (whilst simultaniously dragging rovers name through the mud some more)... I'm just after going onto an MMA forum where the story below is the main talking point.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2156617&forum=1&page=1&pc=5

Scum. (Venkys, not fans of MMA!)

Sounds a very large amount for that sport, if its true Balaji is going to be in big trouble with Madam again.

Totally agree with this.

Extortionate ticket prices that rise way beyond inflation are what is killing the game.

The tickets are so expensive because clubs have badly invested their SKY pieces of gold in crazy wages, caught badly in the middle ground between trying to operate as businesses and as clubs trying to win competitions.

SKY's money is the loaded gun but it is the clubs that have turned it on themselves.

Totally agree with this.

Extortionate ticket prices that rise way beyond inflation are what is killing the game.

The tickets are so expensive because clubs have badly invested their SKY pieces of gold in crazy wages, caught badly in the middle ground between trying to operate as businesses and as clubs trying to win competitions.

SKY's money is the loaded gun but it is the clubs that have turned it on themselves.

And next season when the new Sky contract kicks in clubs will receive a lot more money (£20m iirc). Scudamore should have insisted that a set amount from this extra money should have gone into reducing admission prices and making these prices more attractive to lower earners. Instaed we will see players wages increase substantially, transfer fees inflated and agents fees going up in line with this.

Football really is a horrible business.

Sky has taken a lot of football off of free-to-air TV. Rupert Murdoch's vision was a Sky box in every home, the usual sort of megalomania from him.

The TV money has been responsible for inflating wages, it's likely as not this inflationary spiral that has seen admission prices rise. If you can't afford a ticket and you can't or won't get a sky box then you're just kean out of luck.

If you have no problem with Sky TV selling their product at the expense of the working man's game then you're an unreconstructed free marketeer. It's totally nawsed everything up. But at least Kieron Dyer's OK for diamond earrings.

• Moderation Lead

The main problem I have with Sky TV is that it's just largely responsible for all the glory-hunting football supporters. It's made it too easy to see your team, thereby people won't elect to go to the matches, rather than watching on TV.

(I accept that on the flip side if you live away from your team's area, this is a godsend ).

There are that many Manure 'fans' that wouldn't know OT if you dropped them off outside the Stretford End, but how often are they on TV? It must be about 2/3 times a month.....

Archived