BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

The only way it would ever have worked IMO was to take the fight to the Raos and be an visible and constant irritation to their everyday businesses. Nobody ever gets anywhere by campaigning to have more dialogue, you just get sent a Shebby who can dialogue all day.

I see the Apple CEO has just grovelled to some Chinese activists, not because they demanded dialogue, but because they were hurting Apple's business.

It really is as simple as that.

These people only understand money, as long as they continue to make money, they don't care.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is as simple as that.

These people only understand money, as long as they continue to make money, they don't care.

Same could be said for Gillete and Hicks Bryan, they sold eventually due to a number of circumstances, fans protests being one.

If we had a proper united fans base/supporters group we'd already be looking at getting the message out at the IPL which starts tomorrow, but getting the 2 groups to unite seems a long way off.

They've been slated in the Indian press already, it's had no effect. Mrs Desai's even been in court charged with desecrating a place of natural beauty, flouting planning regulations. They just carry on regardless, they're idiots running amok with daddy's money.

What effect would publicising our plight have in India? NONE.

I have no idea why Gillete and Hicks left Liverpool, likely as not because someone came along and offered them a truckload of cash for the club. Money again, see? Not likely to happen with us though.

Wayne Wild's tweet is a mixture of 1) boohoo-ing about two relegations; 2) examples of stupidty, and 3) innuendo about dodgy dealings. NONE of those will result in anything.

1) I don't recall many on here getting up in arms when Coventry went down twice, or Southampton, so no-one will about us.

2) Stupidity isn't a crime

3) Football is rife with dodgy dealings. It's in no-one's interests to lift the lid as no-one is clean

Plus, publiciising our plight is buck-passing, hoping someone will solve our problem for us, which they won't.

The goal is we want the Rao's to bail out, which they will only do when it's less painful for them to sell us than it is not to. Making their ownership of us painful in their terms was, is and should be the only goal of any action plan.

They've been slated in the Indian press already, it's had no effect. Mrs Desai's even been in court charged with desecrating a place of natural beauty, flouting planning regulations. They just carry on regardless, they're idiots running amok with daddy's money.

What effect would publicising our plight have in India? NONE.

I have no idea why Gillete and Hicks left Liverpool, likely as not because someone came along and offered them a truckload of cash for the club. Money again, see? Not likely to happen with us though.

Burning the USA flag is a serious issue for them in the states, we'd need something similiar to the indian population.

Trouble is it's too late.

and your solution is ??????.....................................

No idea. But fans getting criminal records isn't the answer either. A pitch invasion before or during a match would get the publicity - but land supporters in all sorts of trouble. Rovers situation is known up and down the country. Where fans of clubs did not at first understand or care what was going on. That has changed. UK publicity - especially because of a pitch invasion, is therefore not the answer. The media may understand why fans would do it - but law courts wouldn't.

Venky's won't listen until there core business is hit. How that can be done or if it possible for it to be done, is another matter Or a huge media campaign in India is done (though that has been done) . As they are not in the UK, they are not affected by any protests in the UK. The football authorities know what is going on at Rovers and even they are not moved to do anything.

So another route needs to be found.

Wayne Wild's tweet is a mixture of 1) boohoo-ing about two relegations; 2) examples of stupidty, and 3) innuendo about dodgy dealings. NONE of those will result in anything.

1) I don't recall many on here getting up in arms when Coventry went down twice, or Southampton, so no-one will about us.

2) Stupidity isn't a crime

3) Football is rife with dodgy dealings. It's in no-one's interests to lift the lid as no-one is clean

Plus, publiciising our plight is buck-passing, hoping someone will solve our problem for us, which they won't.

The goal is we want the Rao's to bail out, which they will only do when it's less painful for them to sell us than it is not to. Making their ownership of us painful in their terms was, is and should be the only goal of any action plan.

Your first two points I've highlighted in bold EIT are spot on.

I've mentioned before that Jack Straw was on the radio boo-hooing in similar fashion to Richard Scudamore a while back.

Scudamore's response was (quite correctly imo) that other Clubs get relegated and they don't get the fans of other Clubs weeping and wailing on their doorstep. Also, it is not their responsibility to run Clubs for them and that being bad at running a football Club does not make you not fit and proper for the purpose of the relegations. Straw said himself during that interview that time that in his view our woes were down to incompetence rather than anything more sinister.

As for your last point, how do we do that? They're largely insulated with us being over here and them being over there?

No idea. But fans getting criminal records isn't the answer either. A pitch invasion before or during a match would get the publicity - but land supporters in all sorts of trouble. Rovers situation is known up and down the country. Where fans of clubs did not at first understand or care what was going on. That has changed. UK publicity - especially because of a pitch invasion, is therefore not the answer. The media may understand why fans would do it - but law courts wouldn't.

Venky's won't listen until there core business is hit. How that can be done or if it possible for it to be done, is another matter Or a huge media campaign in India is done (though that has been done) . As they are not in the UK, they are not affected by any protests in the UK. The football authorities know what is going on at Rovers and even they are not moved to do anything.

So another route needs to be found.

You're wrong on the pitch invasion stuff, the few that did jump the fences against Wigan didn't get arrested and didn't get criminal records, so stop talking out of your backside.

2 things that imo that may have forced the authorities to act : -

1 - Large scale pitch invasion 5-10,000 disrupting a match, enough to cause abandonment - club would have questions to answer.

2 - Large scale walk-out during live tv game - say after 30 mins - ditto

Please don't anybody give me the kean about being arrested, this would not happen if such large numbers were involved and there

was no violence.

Your first two points I've highlighted in bold EIT are spot on.

I've mentioned before that Jack Straw was on the radio boo-hooing in similar fashion to Richard Scudamore a while back.

Scudamore's response was (quite correctly imo) that other Clubs get relegated and they don't get the fans of other Clubs weeping and wailing on their doorstep. Also, it is not their responsibility to run Clubs for them and that being bad at running a football Club does not make you not fit and proper for the purpose of the relegations. Straw said himself during that interview that time that in his view our woes were down to incompetence rather than anything more sinister.

As for your last point, how do we do that? They're largely insulated with us being over here and them being over there?

My original hope was they would be serious about opening Venky's Express over here, which would open up opportunities for disruption. People who know them better than I need to think about what is it in their world they are sensitive too - there must be something - and then take it from there. Stunts to get publicity are futile re the Raos and counter-productive re UK-based opinion IMO.

1 - Large scale pitch invasion 5-10,000 disrupting a match, enough to cause abandonment - club would have questions to answer.

Please don't anybody give me the kean about being arrested, this would not happen if such large numbers were involved and there

was no violence.

I disagree. For one you'll never get 5-10,000 people to do anything, and a walk out is too subtle, it just makes the fans look fed up about an impending relegation. 50-100 people could stop the game going ahead in the first place by a judisciously chosen place to have a road-blocking sit-in, outside one of the team hotels for example, speaking purely hypothetically of course.

was no violence.

Ok then, you organise a pitch invasion and you be the first one to try and get past the stewards. Cause the club rules are that you get fined £1,000 and a ban for a number of years for doing that. So the ring-leaders are taking a risk. So instead of telling other people to organise/lead it, why don't you do it yourself?

Don't mean to specifically target you about this. But like all of these issues, there's a heck of a lot of criticism and baiting that comes from people who are willing to follow as long as someone else takes the biggest risk.

Ok then, you organise a pitch invasion and you be the first one to try and get past the stewards. Cause the club rules are that you get fined £1,000 and a ban for a number of years for doing that. So the ring-leaders are taking a risk. So instead of telling other people to organise/lead it, why don't you do it yourself?

Don't mean to specifically target you about this. But like all of these issues, there's a heck of a lot of criticism and baiting that comes from people who are willing to follow as long as someone else takes the biggest ris

Pitch ivasions do not ever acieve anything good(unless it in celebration of winning something!), the problem is that once people get onto the pitch the adrenaline kicks in(mixed with a little alcohol, etc. for some) and things just get stupid, shambolic, chaotic and cringeworthy.

Pitch invasions cannot be organised whatsoever cause they'll just hire more stewards for around the pitch, they have to be spontaneous. Only way would be a group of forty or so organise it between themselves and not over the Internet, 10 in each stand, set off at the same time and hope to hell that others follow!! Personally I think we need the boycott. All three home games left. If your going to throw "we need to support the players through a relegation battle" at me, time and time again they have let us down this and last season and there's only 3 or 4 in the whole squad who look like they're actually bothered and deserve support.

Maybe all the 10k+ absentee/boycotting fans should get there bone idle butts down to Ewood on match-day and make their presence felt outside the ground(instead of just whinging on various forums etc..), that would cause a stir around the ground(but it will never happen).

• Backroom

I agree with the fact its gone beyond the point where its reasonable to believe 'we need to support them' would do any good with these lot

The support was rapturous against Burnley and only Dunn was up for it even then

Its looking more and more like a full boycott is the only option but its still at this point not realistic as quite a lot of people will never back it which of course they are fully in their rights to do and its in no way wrong of them to do do

I respect anyone who can come up with something at this point

Don't mean to specifically target you about this. But like all of these issues, there's a heck of a lot of criticism and baiting that comes from people who are willing to follow as long as someone else takes the biggest ris

I would have been quite happy to be one of the first on the pitch if I thought thousands would follow, I appreciate you don't know me so you will

have to take my word for that, anyway I decided it was'nt going to happen so I boycotted instead.

By the way I am not criticising anyone, just stating what I think would have been the best way to get the authorities to act, probably too late now

would have needed to be done whilst we were still in the PL imo.

Maybe all the 10k+ absentee/boycotting fans should get there bone idle butts down to Ewood on match-day and make their presence felt outside the ground(instead of just whinging on various forums etc..), that would cause a stir around the ground(but it will never happen).

Yeah that would really show them. Only thing that will make a stir is a sub 5000 gate

EiT has the right of it. If you really want to make an impact, you need to hit Venky's where it hurts - on their own doorstep. Unruly mobs partaking in protests and pitch invasions half a world away won't bother them in the slightest while they're holed up in their very own Taj Mahal.

Archived