BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

I will carry on going icers , I refuse to be run out of town by some idiots who don't have a clue . I will continue by myself by looks of it making a stand against them , this thread has now shown me fans have just given up and not prepared to stand up and show them it's OUR club. Why moan about the venkys on here why not show the world via media , social networks etc that you care . Hell the scumbag slum dogs may not listen but at least footy fans would know you made a stand .

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again we are turning in on ourselves. Richer people not coming, Blackburn End not singing but Darwen End does,who'll invade the pitch and who hasn't got the bottle, who's right--those who stay away or those who cheer on the lads, and on and on it goes.

We all deal with grief in our own way and whatever else occcurs we should remember that NO FANS ARE TO BLAME!

I personally have argued for all to stay away but I fully understand those who won't.The only bit I don't get is anyone who believes that Venkys will "come to their senses and turn this around".

That pretty much sums up my attitude. Nothing is forever and one day they will be gone. When and what shape they leave Blackburn Rovers in is another story.

Once again we are turning in on ourselves. Richer people not coming, Blackburn End not singing but Darwen End does,who'll invade the pitch and who hasn't got the bottle, who's right--those who stay away or those who cheer on the lads, and on and on it goes.

We all deal with grief in our own way and whatever else occcurs we should remember that NO FANS ARE TO BLAME!

I personally have argued for all to stay away but I fully understand those who won't.The only bit I don't get is anyone who believes that Venkys will "come to their senses and turn this around".

That pretty much sums up my attitude. Nothing is forever and one day they will be gone. When and what shape they leave Blackburn Rovers in is another story.

Sorry for the double post, I got distracted.

I will carry on going icers , I refuse to be run out of town by some idiots who don't have a clue . I will continue by myself by looks of it making a stand against them , this thread has now shown me fans have just given up and not prepared to stand up and show them it's OUR club. Why moan about the venkys on here why not show the world via media , social networks etc that you care . Hell the scumbag slum dogs may not listen but at least footy fans would know you made a stand .

I did my bit by getting a ticket near Kean and telling him what i thought of him(without swearing) Got myself arrested and spent a few hours down at Greenbank.

Dont know what else to do now without getting myself banned.

I think that next season, relegation or not, will see a marked decline of attendances over and above the current gates. Maybe there are quite a few like me, who after boycotting the early part of the season because of the continued presence of Kean, once he was history I bought tickets on a match to match basis until the New Year, when I got a half season ticket.

This was regardless of the fact that the loons were still in charge, it was fairly obvious to me that they where not going anywhere soon. It was down to the fact that I wanted to clutch at straws. Maybe it was to be a fresh start. I support end Rovers for many years an simply wanted to have them back. I just thought at the time that I would be able to care again.

Now, looking back, I was obviously deluded on all those points. I continue to go because I have the season ticket, not looking forward to games for days beforehand like I used to, now it's more like a visit to the dentist. Even on the BBE I get the impression that there are many in the same boat. Everyone has just given up hope. No one in the club cares. No one within the football authorities care. The national press don't care.

I think now why the hell should I care then? The answer to that is the same as all of us. Of course we care, we love our club, but I suspect that next season there will be many, many more who will not be showing that concern in person. The ground will be far less than half full next season.

Until the whole bunch of Venkys, Shaw, Agnew and Singh have gone, then I cannot see a glimmer of hope.

You sum up the situation for many Ian. Good post.

You sum up the situation for many Ian. Good post.

I agree Den, very good post. It's because I care I'm having to minimise my involvement with the club. The whole situation is wearing me out physically and emotionally. Most mornings I wake up and Rovers are the first thing on my mind. I got past angry when the chicken chokers gave Kean a " job for life " at the end of his first season. I'm depressed and in despair at the moment. What comes after that ?

I for one don't care if we are relegated or not. Doesn't matter one jot in the scheme of things.

If you mean , it will happen sooner rather than later , you are correct !

Whilst Venkys remain we are going downhill at an alarming rate of knots ..

Far too old. Did my bit in the 1970s. The club couldn't ban or prosecute thousands of people. You know what's required - over to you.

People have no desire to do what asking for Jim, we're now a working class club with middle class fans which is fine when things are going well, not so good when things are going bad.

People are doing the right thing currently by voting with their feet, that trend will continue next season also, so I don't think people can do anymore without taking some sort of direct action.

Thankfully the instability at the club coupled with the crazy decisions being made has brought our plight to the forefront of peoples minds, so the idiots running the club have done what the fans failed to do throughout Keans tenure. They’re doing the damage themselves, given enough rope these people will hang themselves, I just hope we still have a club left when they ride off into the sunset.

Agnew Out

Venkys Out

The day the majority didnt at least voice their opinions at venkys,was the day the club died,and before anyone comments,the day has lasted nigh on two and a half years......There is the ones who left because they wanted prem footy,the ones who wont come back till venkys go,the ones who have financial up and downs during the season who will make it at when money is availablel,the ones who will not come back no matter what,..

The cocktail had been mixed and its not looking good......unity will NEVER come about at b.r.f.c.....too many plastic wannabe heros tring to save the club,thats a joke in itself,the owners have the power and money and NO ONE is clever enough or big enough or cashed up enough to make them budge.

League one was unimaginable in december 2010,looks like that silly thought could be well tested in the next two months....thanks venkys!

Personally i was livid with anger for virtually the whole of keans tenure, just seeing him on the touchline made me sick with rage. So much so that i nearly got lifted at the Wigan game. That gave me a bit of a reality check in the fact that these days you can't stick 2 fingers up at a football match without being caught on camera and facing some sort of ban/prosecution. Footy fans are to easy a target for the police state these days and twohats like those running Rovers aren't worth it, although the club is to me so it's difficult to know what to do. Like most this season ive just stood there and shook my head in disbelief at the mess on and off the pitch. I think if we'd lost the Burnley match it could have got very ugly indeed but those idiots tucked away in India will never hear of it with all the different assholes at Ewood covering their own backsides to cling onto the gravy train !

As mad as it sounds, I think most rovers fans are fairly optimistic(and reasonably forgiving) by nature and still hold on to the slight possibility that things could turn around,

Though the forgiving part would be the hardest considering none of the culprits have the slightest bit of humility to even hold their hands up and apologies for the mistakes hey have made(and keep making!)

• Moderation Lead

Jim, stop trying to suggest people have a revolt, when you can't do a thing from your nursing home.

Until the authorities stand up and sort out owners who are clearly running the club terribly we're doomed.

One of the biggest points of concern though, is that they keep coming out with these soundbites about loving the club, and the fans, and genuinely think they're not doing a terrible job......

By and large the people of the East Lancs area are docile. They've been keaned on from every direction since before the industrial revolution, all the fighting spirit was knocked out of them a hundred years ago. You won't find many Lenin's here Jim only Kerensky's.

Or most of us understand that deep down beneath all the sentimentality, its just a football club and not worth potentially getting into serious legal trouble over, when it could affect our jobs, family life, etc...

Have a look at United's protest against the Glazers if you want to see the fuility of protesting against owners who don't care. Over a billion pounds raised to buy the club, a season of turning up in non-Utd colours, a new club formed, more publicity than you can shake a stick at, and it did absolutely naff all. Whats the one thing most Utd fans never did though? Stop going.

The only protest that has a chance of working is boycotting games. Of course the worry is that will take the club down with them, but at least it has an effect. About 40% of our fans have already decided to do that, and amongst them were some of the angriest, most determined protestors. Is it any wonder that the protests aren't as vociferous this season? Everyone who's there to carry them out already made a personal decision over the summer to not go through with the most effective form of protest.

To use a political analogy, you're trying to militarise the fans who've already decided to carry on petitioning the UN.

People are angry Abbey. Its just difficult to direct this anger at the people who deserve it most because they don't turn up at many matches and when they do they shoot off at half time. Shebby has had a lot of anger directed at him but he is totally out of his depth and as a result appears to base his advise to his employers on what other people tell him. This leaves the some fans abusing there favourite hate figure on the pitch, be it Orr, Pedersen or CKR. On a few occasions this season this has just led to arguments between fans. Likewise at half time against Burnley I have never witnessed as many tetchy people on the concourse. Other people I know are angry but have just stopped going. It will boil over at some point but this will probably be a minority engaging in confrontation with the stewards and the police/.

All members of the board are complicit in the Venkys debacle. If they had any self respect they would all resign.

Until the whole bunch of Venkys, Shaw, Agnew and Singh have gone, then I cannot see a glimmer of hope.

Very true , that is the most important thing that as to happen during the summer, regardless of relegation ..

The sad thing is by that time Blackburn Rovers Football Club will be obsolete, ne'er to return.

I've gone through the angry stage, I'm still angry but I can't be bothered wasting time and effort protesting to basically nobody, it has clearly done no good whatsoever.

I'm basically numb towards the club now and will remain so until THEY go.

I'm angry tonight, I try not to let the current goings on get to me, but tonight I'm keaning angry.

When's the next home game? I can feel a protest coming on!

Archived