BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who `owns` Blackburn Rovers?

Guest Norbert

Putting Singh on the board? Oh God almighty, you may as well put a 13 year old FM player with ADHD on the board. Even they'd do a better job than Shebby. If this happens, then I'd be stunned. We all know Venky's are idiots, but have they heard any of that tw_t's public statements, or realised how much money he's cost them.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly den. Which is why despite all the bluster etc. we have yet to see anything concrete in the media or action from the authorities. No one has a smoking gun, if they did it would have been fired months ago.

Stupidity, greed, opportunism, incompetence, ignorance and arrogance come into play from several different parties but that's where it begins and ends.

The really frightening thing about Venky's is their inability to keep tabs on the financial side of the club. These so called business people oversaw the negotiation for a get out clause for Phil Jones, that they thought wasn't binding and now we have a Managing Director negotiating contract terms that they knew nothing about. Couple that with them bringing forward next season's parachute payments to pay off debts accrued this season and you have to wonder how they can ever get to grips with, at the very least, keeping the club run on a viable financial basis.

Aye, but don't forget, in the immortal words of Shining Shy*e, no-one else could run a pub, let alone the Rolls Royce that is the Rovers.....utter incompetents, THE LOT OF THEM!

Yep,just sums the stupidity up of these buffoons,none of them fit for purpose.If anyone is daft enough to think matters will change this summer then they are as deluded as our 'owners'.

dog-chasing-tail.jpg

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGH!

It's got that puke-making photo in it.

Swear to God, they look like they should be running a Blackpool B&B together.

Apparently Shaw is "a maverick individual who ‘went rogue’ at Ewood Park," -- makes him sound like a character from Mission Impossible. Is he on the disavowed list?

'If the Indians’ case is to be believed, ‘global adviser’ Shebby Singh (Judge Pelling declined to use that title for Singh, on Friday) summoned Shaw to a disciplinary hearing at the Ewood Park boardroom at 11am on 15 April without compiling a shred of evidence for such a confrontation. A disciplinary hearing organised “on the back of a fag packet” is how Berg’s barrister, Paul Gilroy QC, described this. A lack of managerial professionalism “so basic as to be beyond belief.”'

Good one Shebby. Sounds perfectly suitable to become a board member with that level of managerial competence.

'Quite how Shaw feels about being characterised as a renegade who is out of control and running amok at Rovers is easy to imagine. The judge was actually concerned that Shaw might be making himself personally liable for some or all of the £2.5m owing to Berg, when the Lancastrian toed the line and said he did not have the authority to give the Norwegian that contract. Shaw had been offered legal advice, the judge was assured, which didn’t entirely answer his concern. These are owners who do not take prisoners.'

At least Derek Shaw will have to personally compensate the club for Bergs payoff. They are so willing to suck up to Mrs Desai that they will willingly self-incriminate themselves for the cause. I think we will end up in administration because Derek Shaw didn't fill out a form.

I'm surprised Ian Herbert didn't pick up on the Derek Shaw website part of the case in which Derek Shaw was supposed to have put on the Rovers website a story denying his suspension unilaterally and then refused to remove it. Wouldn't the Rovers statements on the website go through Paul Agnew as Operations manager?

I somehow doubt Derek Shaw will end up footing this particular bill.

I understand Agnew jealously guards access to what goes on the Rovers' web site so the denial of the disciplinary action would undoubtedly be his.

The transcripts and filed documents for this case are going to make for painful but possibly interesting reading.

• Backroom

I somehow doubt Derek Shaw will end up footing this particular bill.

I understand Agnew jealously guards access to what goes on the Rovers' web site so the denial of the disciplinary action would undoubtedly be his.

The transcripts and filed documents for this case are going to make for painful but possibly interesting reading.

How does one obtain those?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGH!

It's got that puke-making photo in it.

Swear to God, they look like they should be running a Blackpool B&B together.

Apparently Shaw is "a maverick individual who ‘went rogue’ at Ewood Park," -- makes him sound like a character from Mission Impossible. Is he on the disavowed list?

Just for posterity

Shagnew.jpg

Just to clarify neither me or the action group have suggested Shebby Singh to replace or join the current board of directors .

I think it's down to how the article has been written .

My own opinion is simple , the owners stated they wanted a trial and would have a new board of directors in place by that trial .

If that's the case they need to follow that through , or the directors need to walk . Either way the situation is untenable .

The directors in UK law are accountable for the business well being of the club , if they have zero authority then they risk getting into trouble through at times no fault of their own .

Other directors have left under these circumstances , whilst the bigger question is who would come in to work under these particular conditions ?

This being played out like a carry on comic sketch in court is nothing short of embarrassing for all those involved .

The sooner some decisions about the clubs long term future are made the better .

What none of us want to see is Venkatesh on the TV sporting a new haircut claiming he is confused .

Sadly I can't see the for sale sign going up anytime soon but got a sneaky feeling that rovers may offer a , buy a season ticket for next season , if we go up then the one the season after will be free . ( no inside knowledge on that , just reading between the lines of what they may do to attract crowds )

Who owns BRFC ?

Lets have a wild guess : -

A certain chappy, lets call him Hans Christian was out on the lash in London with a few well known football pundits from his

favourite TV station, Pie-Eyed Sports and his favourite radio station Talk-a-lot-of-balls and he asked them, once sufficient

drinking and snorting had taken place, how would you guys like to own a football club ? only 50 grand a share !

Would explain why they hate Rovers fans so much.

Oh and Venky's own a bit as well. ( probably all of it now )

Sadly I can't see the for sale sign going up anytime soon but got a sneaky feeling that rovers may offer a , buy a season ticket for next season , if we go up then the one the season after will be free . ( no inside knowledge on that , just reading between the lines of what they may do to attract crowds )

Ooohhhh a gimmicky sales thing! How marvellous! It wouldn't surprise me.

If they want to shift some season tickets how's about the following proposal?

1. Start listening to the fans, The Trust and The Ian's. let them in.

2. Remove Agnew, Singh and Shaw from their posts tomorrow morning.

3. Go cap in hand to John Williams and Tom Finn etc etc

4. Take out a full page advert in The Times of India and The Times UK stating that although mistakes have been made consistently on their part from the minute they bought the club, all debts are covered, after all it is their baby and they care a lot. That way when / should we go into Administration at some point they'll look even more stupid than they do now. Yes, incredibly I do believe that is possible.

5. Ask them to do an Interview on Radio Lancs in front of an audience of Rovers fans. Allow all questions.

Then again there's about as much chance of the above happening as our getting promoted next season and my platting the lager I'm about to "recycle".

Best just tell them and their associates to @#/? off to be honest. Float that by them.

Archived