BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of season prediction

Actually, I'm not sure why so many are sure we'll be sinking into a relegation battle again. True, our squad might not be the best in the division, and no doubt it will be hard to fight for promotion, but it's a little exaggerated to write us off and declare that we're headed for League 1.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How poor are the rest of the teams for Rovers not to avoid the drop. Relegation battle from the off as Rovers look totally unprepared for the coming season having brought in a lot of lower league quality.

I'd be happy if we go another season unbeaten against Burnley and don't get relegated.

Having said that, I think GB has more tactical know-how than anyone else post-Big Sam, so you never know because this league is completely devoid of quality and can be a lottery.

Haha good one, we'll ignores Dunn's offside equaliser etc etc.

Fact is you finished below us, it's in the record books forever more :-)

Yup, and so is the 30-odd years since you last beat us.

Now then, who's going to finish lower this season - us or you ?

As ever, heart says us, head? Well it depends if your owners have finally lost that self destruct button. I'll settle for resetting that clock to 4 years since you beat us.

On the goal scorer front, Ings is looking good right now. Losing Charlie will be disappointing but I think our problems are probably greater in other areas of the field.

I'll settle this season for having 1 manager, midtable and players that work hard and recreate a decent team spirit. If we can keep Rochina, Kean and Rhodes plus get DJ and Best performing then i will be even happier. It is disturbing that we have 3 central midfielders out injured for the first game but not impossible that 1 (or more) of them could still play a big part this season. A new midfielder would be welcome but vital for me is a leftback.

Expectations aren't high - i look forward to the end of the season and the list of players that will no longer be paid ludicrous salaries for doing fa. Until then i will settle for a continued existence of BRFC and the fact that current articles in newspapers/websites only quote our manager instead every man and his (lap)dog...

prediction - 12th (level with 10th but poor goal difference)

If the championship goes the way it did last season, where three wins put you in the play-offs and three defeats put you in the relegation zone, then we have a real chance of finishing 6th.

Whether or not we could win the play-offs is another matter because we don't know what the team/squad/ manager will be in May next year.

I think we'll lose the opening game versus Derby yet enjoy a pretty good season.

I also think Rhodes will go before the close of this transfer window.

As ever, heart says us, head? Well it depends if your owners have finally lost that self destruct button. I'll settle for resetting that clock to 4 years since you beat us.

On the goal scorer front, Ings is looking good right now. Losing Charlie will be disappointing but I think our problems are probably greater in other areas of the field.

In fairness, your lot look a lot worse for the simple fact that they couldn't muster up enough to beat a Rovers team in absolute chaos - the absolute worst team we've had in my lifetime.

Either home or away.

• Backroom

Sam if it wasn't for your dirty cheating scum type players we would easily have been above you that attack on Rhodes at ewood your defender could have killed him it was almost as bad as rape disgraceful challenge he could have had Rhodes head off was a clear red card & sending off with that penalty we would have won that game and would have been above yourselves obviously the ref must have been a dingles fan as your lot should have been reduced to 7 men some of the challenges I witnessed in the ewood game were nothing short of disgraceful in fact from that game I would go as far to say the dingles play rugby not football unable to get the ball of us so have to resort to rugby tactics.

Anyway back on topic as this is my maiden season ticket & a few more additions I will say top 2.

Wow

It should have been a penalty but this comment is ridiculous, there wasn't much else wrong in the game we were just crap, which I'm turn kind of made the scrappy undeserved point the sweeter

Anyway I think we'll be between 11th and 13th with Blackpool and Burnley taking up the other two of those positions

It's the start of the season. We need the right mental attitude from everyone, the manager, players and fans. To win, we first have to believe we can win. So suck it up, Jim. We're going to run away with this league, even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming along the way.

1st or 2nd.

I really think we'll go up.

Gary Bowyer is the right manager, he's making the right signings and I think the league is there for the taking.

You've been out in the sun too much Steve, Get yourself a Stetson, or a Sombrero. Sincerely we've more chance of being relegated than gaining promotion.

Archived