SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of season prediction

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the drawing going ?

Still not taking my money ?

Completed two paintings this summer, so far.

Not over until the fat lady sings and I think she might just be warming up.

You will need your money for your cruise - enjoy.

Better than last year. My perception of this league from memories of Watford, Hull, Leicester last year is that you just need a team of players who are happy to work hard for each other and have a desire to reach the premier league. We have got more of them now I think.

You know you finished below us last season don't you, after 46 games? Or are you still seeking solace in your whole 34 years thing?

Our reign has already begun, it's 12 months old and counting.

Sam if it wasn't for your dirty cheating scum type players we would easily have been above you that attack on Rhodes at ewood your defender could have killed him it was almost as bad as rape disgraceful challenge he could have had Rhodes head off was a clear red card & sending off with that penalty we would have won that game and would have been above yourselves obviously the ref must have been a dingles fan as your lot should have been reduced to 7 men some of the challenges I witnessed in the ewood game were nothing short of disgraceful in fact from that game I would go as far to say the dingles play rugby not football unable to get the ball of us so have to resort to rugby tactics.

Anyway back on topic as this is my maiden season ticket & a few more additions I will say top 2.

No expectations or enthusiasm at all. I've not heard of any notable signings, in fact forgotten who we have signed, and nothing to be excited about.

We haven't renewed yet but will in the next week or so. I expect our seats in the JW upper to be as though they are marooned in a small desert so will probably have to change stands for some atmosphere.

Football wise I see no reason to expect better than last year as we seem to have the same useless squad bar Givet (why oh why let him go) and Murphy (goodbye Danny, thanks for everything).

Anything above the relegation zone and enjoyable to watch will do. 16-18th.

Same as last season. A long turgid struggle. The excitement factor will be non-existent. This is possibly the worst Rovers team I have ever seen. Even in the bad old days when we were struggling we had Tony Field, Noel Brotherston, David Wagstaffe, John Bailey, Kevin Hird etc. Players that got you out of your seat, this team has nothing.

Same as last season. A long turgid struggle. The excitement factor will be non-existent. This is possibly the worst Rovers team I have ever seen. Even in the bad old days when we were struggling we had Tony Field, Noel Brotherston, David Wagstaffe, John Bailey, Kevin Hird etc. Players that got you out of your seat, this team has nothing.

Not forgetting 3 excellent players from the 1980 championship team ...

Duncan McKenzie , Howard Kendall and Simon Garner !

What we would give for the latter 2 now !

Happy Days ...

+100.

It is a hopeless squad and i'll say it again, its got to be worse than the 78-79 team.

Happy to avoid relegation. Not looking forward to it one bit and the prospect of another 9 months of struggle fills me with dread..

In the meantime I'm enjoying the Ashes summer. A 5-0 England whitewash would soothe the football pain very nicely.

Don't worry about SAMs perspective pal he's taking the mick. In our worst season for years they still couldn't beat us and never will. I predict 7th place.

odb you miss my point in the dingles game at ewood we should have won that game as there was a penalty the ref totally missed that almost took rhodes head off given that we would have been above the dingles ref was obviously a dingles fan the challenge was a complete disgrace red card offence.

End of season prediction, huh? I'm no fortune-teller, but I am pretty sure this will happen at the end of the season.

2 teams will get automatically promoted, 4 teams will fight amongst themselves in the playoffs and 3 teams will get relegated.

Jokes aside, I think we have a 4.16667% chance of getting first place, 12.5% chance of getting relegated, and 12.5% chance of getting promoted. That leaves a probablity of 75% that we'll be stuck inside the Championship.

Since this thread is winding down, good time to summarise the feelings of this Board on the eve of a new season.

Simple------there is hardly any optimism around. Tragic really.

Thanks to all those who "had a punt"!

Archived