BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Now is not the time to panic at Blackburn Rovers

MrT

Comes across as a bit of a prat in my opinion. Its the same old garbage we had to put up with under Kean, regurgitated into a slightly different form and delivered to us from what sounds like one of our own fans. Under Kean we had neutrals saying we didn't give him time and we were on his case from the start, neutrals who had no idea he became manager in December 2010 and was given 6 months of grace before the rumblings of discontent started.

This guy is doing exactly the same, making out that fans are panicking on the basis of 4 games. Rubbish its on 4 games. With Venkys its based on 3 years, with the players its based on 3 months of poor summer transfer activity, and with Bowyer its based on his unconvincing second stint last season. I'll admit I supported Bowyer getting the job permanently (wrongly now it looks like) because I thought he was the best of a bad lot. But many fans were against his appointment as early as April.

This isn't knee-jerk and its not based on 4 games. Its based on months and months of ominous signs that pointed to a poor start to this season, in exactly the same way that they did in 2011.

Another good read

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.co.uk/

Abbey like I said I don't agree with him on the Venky's bit, they are squarely to blame for what's gone on over the past three years. The lack of funds for GB this summer has been disgraceful.

Has it hell. We are submerged in debt caused by way too many wages to pay out to way too many useless bloody players. Those clueless feckers signed by all and sundry for reasons other than footballing ones are the ones swallowing Bowyers money.

Has it hell. We are submerged in debt caused by way too many wages to pay out to way too many useless bloody players. Those clueless feckers signed by all and sundry for reasons other than footballing ones are the ones swallowing Bowyers money.

and don't forget paying out compensation to too many useless managers

This would be one hell of a task for even the most experienced of managers.

For our fourth consecutive rookie, it has to be a nightmare.

Mr T refers to a lack of funds being a disgrace - well it is in a way as, IMO, it's a consequence of all the crass decisions that Venky's have taken since they became owners.

I am sorry but no matter who owns Rovers, IMO, Bowyer is not the man for the job. Having said that, unless we hit rock bottom and look in danger of becoming marooned, he should be given until at least Christmas to show if he is capable of edging us forward in the right direction.

I am sorry but no matter who owns Rovers, IMO, Bowyer is not the man for the job. Having said that, unless we hit rock bottom and look in danger of becoming marooned, he should be given until at least Christmas to show if he is capable of edging us forward in the right direction.

I'm not wanting to hound a manager out but christmas is frequently too late. Bottom 3 by the time the clocks go back / or at the firts signs of an obviously disspirited squad s the time for concern imo

Maybe it would be better to strive for not being relegated this season, get rid of the dead wood, let the team and manager settle down and gel, then reassess where we are capable of going from there. Chopping and changing is not going to help at all, especially when we are trying to do it on the cheap.

Maybe it would be better to strive for not being relegated this season, get rid of the dead wood, let the team and manager settle down and gel, then reassess where we are capable of going from there. Chopping and changing is not going to help at all, especially when we are trying to do it on the cheap.

New owners are what is needed !

Whatever the consequences ..

Chopping and changing is not going to help at all, especially when we are trying to do it on the cheap.

That's a well used phrase - stability is the key and all that. Stability is great with the right men in charge. No good whatsoever stabilising with the wrong people running the show. We're a professional football club, winning games is all that matters. Winning is all that matters to any professional sportsman or team. If we aren't going to win games, then things must change. That's how it is anywhere.

And no, that isn't a call for sacking Bowyer now. However, he can't hide behind the stability excuse for too long.

Correct because if/when they remove Bowyer they will appoint another cheap rookie. They are terrified of a proper manager who will stand up to them and always have been. Then the stupidity of last season will begin again. Nothing will EVER change under our chicken masters, ever. Where is our much mooted experienced administrator by the way ?

Waggy you keep beating the same drum, have you seriously thought about your comment or have anyone else in mind?

You're clearly a proper Rovers supporter but FFS, have you honestly really thought about it?

No self respecting fan can have been enamoured by Venky's tenure in any way but as things stand IMO, the only other alternative is oblivion.

I can name three clubs, Portsmouth, Rangers and Coventry that were saddled with debt and ended up tumbling down the leagues with little chance of returning.

I cannot see the Trust buying Rovers at this stage and doing better than Venky's, players still need to paid and outstanding debt cleared.

It's definitely not the time to panic. We need new owners, better players, and a proven manager. I think we can all agree on that. We won't see prem football again until that happens.

However, saying we need to change manager or we are going to get relegated after 3 games is nonsense. Wigan lost away to Bournemouth today. A surprising result but I'm sure they are not panicking.

Bowyer knows our weaknesses and is trying to address them in the transfer market. It will take time but think he's done some decent business on a tight budget. More is needed tho.

Archived