BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

I wonder if Man Utd fans will forever use the 6-1 home drubbing by City as a stick to beat Ferguson with, or the Arsenal fans the same score at Old Trafford as one to permanently hold against Wenger? The level of significance placed on that game, including to our ultimate disaster by Venkys, is absurd. Top teams do that now and again. We've done it to Norwich, Forest, Wednesday and West Ham in the PL era. When its your turn its your turn, just one of those things and generally ignored. Especially when the game was in the middle of a very good run that saw us take 12 points from 6 games.

And the level of absurdity placed on the Wolves game has been blown out of proportion. There was disenchantment around when he went to a flat back five and shouted at Josh Morris for going forward but the way it keeps getting regurgitated and used by the 'know alls' on here is pathetic.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the level of absurdity placed on the Wolves game has been blown out of proportion. There was disenchantment around when he went to a flat back five and shouted at Josh Morris for going forward but the way it keeps getting regurgitated and used by the 'know alls' on here is pathetic.

Really? Dont know if you heard Simon Garner on the radio commentary at Bournemouth but despite our 1st half dominance he was warning of letting them back in and after 10 man Bournemouth had equalised he was very concerned about our ability to hold out if Bournemouth had scored another to make it 2-3.

"It only takes a minute to score a goal" Brian Clough.

'Beating the teams around you' is an old recipe for survival in any division and killing a game against a relegation rival is about being professional. Going gung ho and playing a footballing version of the Charge of the Light Brigade is for losers and avid readers weaned on the exploits of Roy Race.

This season against Barnsley, Bolton and Bournemouth we could and should have scored more but did anybody hear any booing?

btw."Know alls" as opposed to "Knob heads"........ I know which group I'd rather be in arbitro.

Sam's departure still rankles because it was such a defining event in the history of the club. If the fools in Pune had stuck with him and given him the money to spend on players they've wasted on his various idiotic replacements we'd certainly still be in the Premier League now. I remember the Wolves match clearly and the level of ignorance shown by a section of fans towards the manager was astounding.

Really? Dont know if you heard Simon Garner on the radio commentary at Bournemouth but despite our 1st half dominance he was warning of letting them back in and after 10 man Bournemouth had equalised he was very concerned about our ability to hold out if Bournemouth had scored another to make it 2-3.

'Beating the teams around you' is an old recipe for survival in any division and killing a game against a relegation rival is about being professional. Going gung ho and playing a footballing version of the Charge of the Light Brigade is for losers and avid readers weaned on the exploits of Roy Race.

This season against Barnsley, Bolton and Bournemouth we could and should have scored more but did anybody hear any booing?

btw."Know alls" as opposed to "Knob heads"........ I know which group I'd rather be in arbitro.

And as I have said on several occasions I would take scabby one nil wins for the rest of my natural but on the oocasion of the Wolves game I felt that they were there for the taking and after the OT debacle it would have been some form of pay back for all of us that suffered humiliation the week before. I have seen many occasions (and you quote two this season) after a one sided first half the score remains the same or the oposition score but I felt that the circumstances at the Wolves game were different.

I admired Sam for what he did for us. I spent an hour in his company at Brockhall once going through some incidents and I was impressed by his depth of knowledge. However on that occasion I felt he was wrong.

Sam's working at West Ham go have your love in with him there. Move on he's gone.

I'm off to watch Groundhog Day as it's too repetitive on here today.

A bit childish. Are we not allowed to discuss former managers and players? Or is it just Allardyce that rankles? Hughes got a mention yesterday and Souness the day before.

We lost heavily at United due to prioritising three points at home to Wolves. The booing at 3-0 was pathetic as the job had already been done.

I see West Brom never prioritsed at OT and were rewarded. Under Sam many away games were lost before we ever got on the pitch. West Ham are fairly similar now.

Only he and Kean have conceeded 7 in a prem game as Rovers manager. Sam was better than that but that result will stick with the majority.

A bit childish. Are we not allowed to discuss former managers and players? Or is it just Allardyce that rankles? Hughes got a mention yesterday and Souness the day before.

We lost heavily at United due to prioritising three points at home to Wolves. The booing at 3-0 was pathetic as the job had already been done.

Where have i said what you can and cannot discuss?

The argument or debate has been going on for 3 years and no conclusion has been reached or ever will be, it's pointless.

I'm not bothered what people discuss but a circular debate is tedious, regardless of topic.

Given we've had to tolerate nothing buts lies from our owners from day one forgive me for not believing it. I would like to see concrete proof that we cannot be saddled with, as I hate to think what the total figure is?

I thought English security against assets had to be recorded (at Company's House? Or is that just finances, directors?). And all news reports have indicated Rovers are being financed by an Indian Bank, secured by Venkys' Indian assets. No one has even hinted otherwise. Am I wrong?

To be fair, Wolves were never going to get back into that game. There was also no need to go gung ho, but equally there was no need for Sam to shut up shop and invite unnecessary pressure from Wolves by sticking 10 men in defense. Wolves were damn awful and I don't think had got into our half all game up till that point, all we needed was to carry on the way we were.

Similarly, when we were 3-1 up against Burnley at Ewood he shut up shop which invited pressure leading to them scoring and getting back into it. That I found very frustrating as Burnley went totally to pieces and allowing them to come forward gave them confidence. Perhaps if you have a good midfielder breaking up play it's not a bad thing to do but we didn't so it meant we just stood off the attacking players and allowed them to freely take shots and crosses hoping someone would get their body in the way.

And no I didn't boo at the Wolves game as I don't think it has a good effect on the team, but I did spontaneously shout "WTF is he doing." It was kind of involuntary as I don't think I've seen such a toothless side at Ewood since we beat Burnley 5 nil over a decade ago.

I thought English security against assets had to be recorded (at Company's House? Or is that just finances, directors?). And all news reports have indicated Rovers are being financed by an Indian Bank, secured by Venkys' Indian assets. No one has even hinted otherwise. Am I wrong?

All I've seen are posts on here to said effect, I would far rather see a document to that effect that clearly stipulates in the worst case scenario rovers will not be saddled. My issue will always be the source of the information, regardless of who posts it, it is hearsay and comes from someone within Venky's. They have not shown themselves to be honest people to date. Until I see that or someone trustworthy says they have then I'm afraid I will be skeptical.

All I've seen are posts on here to said effect, I would far rather see a document to that effect that clearly stipulates in the worst case scenario rovers will not be saddled. My issue will always be the source of the information, regardless of who posts it, it is hearsay and comes from someone within Venky's. They have not shown themselves to be honest people to date. Until I see that or someone trustworthy says they have then I'm afraid I will be skeptical.

The Indian bank debt IS on the books of BRFC Limted - not Venkys London Limited, total at March was £10.3m

I quote from the VLL accounts:

"The bank loan and overdraft are not secured over any of the group's assets, however the bank reserves the right to ask for a debenture charge over the the assets of the group during the life of the facility."

Sounds like bank could ask for security of the group assets if they choose to.

Not at all. Never said I wanted rid of him. I have always: 1) not thought that he was perfect as some were making out and 2) questioned whether Bowyer would be good enough for Rovers, or perhaps more accurately can we afford to wait to see if he comes good enough given our financial situation.

Tune changed again.

Cracking performance tonight with players passing intelligently and to feet.

Bowyer starting to confirm the potential he showed during his first caretaker spell now he has got some of his own players in and they're starting to get to know each other.

Archived