BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had to pay off Murphy, Gomes, Rosado and Usai (and there is no way that Usai would be on 10k a week).

Fair enough, but Den posted earlier that our payouts did not exceed 3 million, and that would be a 1 time expense on this year's books, not next's.

As to Usai's wages, I'm not "in the know". My guesses are pure speculation. But consider cumulatively, I'd bet I was within spitting range of the savings, if considering I was high on some and low on others.

Next season may be frightening in financial terms, but so far this season, Bowyer has been a good thing. The players look more motivated, and are playing better, there is probably going to be no talk or worry of relegation, and maybe even a play off place (it could happen). Compare that to the madness of last season, where we had Murphy stinking the place out and wandering round the pitch like a nob, a different manager every month and Shebby on the BBC being a prize winning idiot. To recover anything from last season is fantastic, and so farthings are looking like they are coming together.

As for Colin W_nker, he may get some teams promoted, but he is such an odioius, obnoxious man who didn't get Leeds promoted. In fact he was pretty rubbish with them. He is useless once in the Premier League as well.

The contract buy outs have cost less than £3m, while some of the players we've lost are only out on loan.

£27m is a huge amount to recover Steve.

One assumes FFP for next season starts with its commencement so that figure is a total £35M less expenditure for next seasons promotion push, should we not go up.

Rhodes will be off and with it his goals and call me skeptical but I see he's talking promotion today, setting the scene?

Sure, I agree. But:

1. From an initial deficit of 27 million, how much was cut this year? And how much will be cut this January and this coming summer? A lot of high earners have left and a few more are scheduled to go, I think, leaving the young, hungry talent for Bowyer to work with and which I think he's comfortable with.

2. If FFP even legal? Last I heard, Venkys were taking legal advice and other clubs have just plain ignored it.

3. Venkys have been spending money (the contract buy-outs alone seem to have cost millions) and have avoided burdening the club with debt (it all appears to be in India secured against Indian assets) and have acted to reduce payroll at the club while allowing Bowyer [seeming] autonomy. All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic that they are well-intentioned toward the club and are beginning to recognize and correct their prior missteps. Time will tell.

Excuse the abruptness.

1.) £35M for the start of next season, yes some high earners are leaving but that is a sum of £673,076.92 a week. Lets knock of say £25M, so we're running at a £10M a year deficit or £192,307.69 a week. Hardly chum change when point 3 is considered alongside the already accumulated debt. We're also stuck with some right dross on silly money that we'll struggle to shift by all accounts (we've had two windows). No one is coming in to do the transfers, it's just GB by all accounts and his contact book will be limited.

2.) Given it's attention and public knowledge without repercussion, i'm going with yes for now.

3.) it's all pure conjecture nobody knows for certain. Terrifying.

Again forgive the abruptness it's late but I wanted to reply (not in an angry sense).

See Bob no winkyitsallokiinsertedasmileythingymabobemoticonthingys

I don't mind the abruptness, Majiball. To the point is a good thing.

Here's a good article about why FFP is illegal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324077704578357992271428024.html

It's noteworthy that in the USA professional sports are exempted from federal anti-trust provisions, as they clearly limit competition.

And I think its currently beyond refutation that Venkys have not placed any debt on the club. The concern is not current debt, the concern is if and when they walk away and leave the club to fend for itself. But the club's in-goings vs out-goings have improved from last year and looks to improve next year.

Next season may be frightening in financial terms, but so far this season, Bowyer has been a good thing. The players look more motivated, and are playing better, there is probably going to be no talk or worry of relegation, and maybe even a play off place (it could happen). Compare that to the madness of last season, where we had and wanderinMurphy stinking the place out g round the pitch like a nob, a different manager every month and Shebby on the BBC being a prize winning idiot. To recover anything from last season is fantastic, and so farthings are looking like they are coming together.

As for Colin W_nker, he may get some teams promoted, but he is such an odioius, obnoxious man who didn't get Leeds promoted. In fact he was pretty rubbish with them. He is useless once in the Premier League as well.

It was obvious that Murphy could'nt wait to get out of his contract, I believe he never intended to fulfill it in the first place, like some of the manager's we had

last season, only here for the pay-off.

IMO he had offers from the media lined up, last week he was on Talksport,5Live and Motd, not bad work £££££ if you have a big gob like him.

It was obvious that Murphy could'nt wait to get out of his contract, I believe he never intended to fulfill it in the first place, like some of the manager's we had

last season, only here for the pay-off.

IMO he had offers from the media lined up, last week he was on Talksport,5Live and Motd, not bad work £££££ if you have a big gob like him.

I can't quite understand the media fascination with Murphy.

• Backroom

A question. We were 3-0 nil up at half-time and we did not add to the score in the 2nd half.

Why didn't the Rovers fans at the game boo the manager off and why aren't the rest of us calling for his head! :rock:

Because @#/? happens in competitive sport?

Novice manager, young team of casts offs and hopefuls, a few decent people left at the club trying to forge a future from the smouldering wreckage..

Small things like that probably contributed to a lack of booing.

Its about three years since the highly effective Allardyce was pushed before he jumped. He moved on ages ago, some haven't.

Novice manager, young team of casts offs and hopefuls, a few decent people left at the club trying to forge a future from the smouldering wreckage..

Small things like that probably contributed to a lack of booing.

Its about three years since the highly effective Allardyce was pushed before he jumped. He moved on ages ago, some haven't.

Well at least you got the reference!

Same fans though?

Well at least you got the reference!

Same fans though?

I dont know about that but my point was that we are, unfortunately, a completely different club under entirely different circumstances and that probably explains the different reactions.

I thought the booing of Allardyce after the Wolves game was a bit cringeworthy. I'm sure that you, like me, would have been extremely disappointed had Bowyer been booed at Bournemouth.

I don't mind the abruptness, Majiball. To the point is a good thing.

Here's a good article about why FFP is illegal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324077704578357992271428024.html

It's noteworthy that in the USA professional sports are exempted from federal anti-trust provisions, as they clearly limit competition.

And I think its currently beyond refutation that Venkys have not placed any debt on the club. The concern is not current debt, the concern is if and when they walk away and leave the club to fend for itself. But the club's in-goings vs out-goings have improved from last year and looks to improve next year.

Whilst the potential remains for it to be removed, we have to comply for now.

Given we've had to tolerate nothing buts lies from our owners from day one forgive me for not believing it. I would like to see concrete proof that we cannot be saddled with, as I hate to think what the total figure is?

Neil Warnock is a manager that is now outdated and he did take Leeds backwards but was signed a lot of players but didn't get them in the playoffs even tho they had high wage bill. Leeds fans thought Warnock did awful job and the style of football was long ball.

So, in essence you're admitting he may get us up but because he might fail once he's got us there, you'd rather not try and just kean about treading water under a no mark cone placer.

there is no guarantee that Warnock would get us in the promotion mix at all. couldn't do at Leeds or Palace despise having money to signed players.

Sparky Marky, in your opinion what would Warnock change that you think need changing then?

IMO, Bowyer is slowly building a very good team that will be challenging for promotion/playoffs places IMO come the end of the season. he has got the team playing to its strengths and Rhodes is scoring goals and is the top goalscorer in the league.

Bowyer need to get the players to be more consistent in the league and keep performing at the same level as we did when we beat Bolton and Bournemouth first half displays and in the form guide which is the last 6 games we are 5th with 11 points from the last 6 games. here is the form table http://www.football-...4~20137,00.html# and we are 11th in the league and only 6 points of the 6th place.

A question. We were 3-0 nil up at half-time and we did not add to the score in the 2nd half.

Why didn't the Rovers fans at the game boo the manager off and why aren't the rest of us calling for his head! :rock:

It wasn't 3-0 at half time. Nelsen scored in the 55th minute to make it 3-0. As I have said previously the week before I was at Old Trafford to see us roll over and lose 7-1 with the likes of Goulon and Chimbonda in the starting team. The Wolves game was an ideal opportunity for us to score six or seven and pay back the fans who suffered ineptitiude and were embarrassed at Old Trafford. After McCarthy made some offensive changes Sam responded by playing with a back five for the last twenty minutes.

I didn't boo on the day but inwardly I was disappointed with Sams negativity and clean sheet obsession.

Keeping clean sheets is an obsession Arbitro?

That's a strange viewpoint.

Didn't Sam once say he got as much satisfaction out of keeping a clean sheet as winning? Given that winning is the objective I would say that is an obsession.

Clean sheets guarantee points but winning is the objective and if you can win well that is even better.

It wasn't 3-0 at half time. Nelsen scored in the 55th minute to make it 3-0. As I have said previously the week before I was at Old Trafford to see us roll over and lose 7-1 with the likes of Goulon and Chimbonda in the starting team. The Wolves game was an ideal opportunity for us to score six or seven and pay back the fans who suffered ineptitiude and were embarrassed at Old Trafford. After McCarthy made some offensive changes Sam responded by playing with a back five for the last twenty minutes.

I didn't boo on the day but inwardly I was disappointed with Sams negativity and clean sheet obsession.

I wonder if Man Utd fans will forever use the 6-1 home drubbing by City as a stick to beat Ferguson with, or the Arsenal fans the same score at Old Trafford as one to permanently hold against Wenger? The level of significance placed on that game, including to our ultimate disaster by Venkys, is absurd. Top teams do that now and again. We've done it to Norwich, Forest, Wednesday and West Ham in the PL era. When its your turn its your turn, just one of those things and generally ignored. Especially when the game was in the middle of a very good run that saw us take 12 points from 6 games.

Archived