BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Directors

den

We need a magician not a Finance Director.

How long before the stress related illness kicks in when he has to sign off another set of accounts and give a statement of us being a going concern?? Losses of £60million in 2 trading years????

Good luck mate get used to being fed a load of sh1te from Pune.

I am no accountant but if anyone is, how close might we be to trading whilst insolvent???

99 % of people wouldn't of heard of the finance director , so to say its a good appointment or bad one is quite ludicrous as truth is we don't know .

Myers on board does not surprise me. , TV personality , (we have been here before ) , how that quantifies you to be a director of a football club is really beyond me

its not abbey's fault, chaddy has a way of getting under people's skin with his 'lets all dance around the maypole' view of venkys/bowyer, if the world was ending tomorrow, he would probably still say 'ah well at least its not ending today'

99 % of people wouldn't of heard of the finance director , so to say its a good appointment or bad one is quite ludicrous as truth is we don't know .

Myers on board does not surprise me. , TV personality , (we have been here before ) , how that quantifies you to be a director of a football club is really beyond me

Me too Glen !

As for the finance chap, the only thing you can say is, he was at Everton a long time, I think ? but he can surely never have dealt with

owners like ours, and who are permanently 5000 miles away.

The finance fella will have dealt with Everton treading a fine line with their huge debts for years no doubt. Although that's a club with Prem income and 35k regular gates and a worldwide fanbase of a million probably. He'll find things a lot different at little old Rovers, soon to have the income stream of a corner shop but the wage bill of a prem club and the debt of a third world country !

The only time these two chaps have probably been to Ewood before was to shout for Everton. Why can't we find a suitable a Rovers fan to be a director or do they all have to be supporters of rivals?

Mind you who would want to be a director for lunatic absentee owners?

The only time these two chaps have probably been to Ewood before was to shout for Everton. Why can't we find a suitable a Rovers fan to be a director or do they all have to be supporters of rivals?

Mind you who would want to be a director for lunatic absentee owners?

its not abbey's fault, chaddy has a way of getting under people's skin with his 'lets all dance around the maypole' view of venkys/bowyer, if the world was ending tomorrow, he would probably still say 'ah well at least its not ending today'

It's like every thread is accompanied by Chaddy singing Kumbaya and the crappier things get the louder and more aggressively he sings it.

Was John Williams a Rovers Fan when he joined? It is not a requirement to be a Rovers fan although it would be nice to have one or two on the board.

But if you were Venky's would you have someone who does not trust you on the board which accounts for 99.9% of Rovers fans.

They obviously prefer people who can cost them a million with the swipe of his pen after going rogue and is STILL employed , obviously there are exceptions to the Rovers supporter on board argument and if it is in the clubs interest, as we have seen from a recent "lifelong Rovers supporter", but having people on the board or even helping advise who have the club's interest at heart regardless if they support the club or not does not seem to be on Venky's radar for some strange reason as proved by their shunning of the two Ian's, the Rovers trust and various others..

The Rao's and Desai's decisions do nothing only allowing it to continue as a feeding frenzy for self serving individuals who remain silent or blow smoke up their arses

Was John Williams a Rovers Fan when he joined? It is not a requirement to be a Rovers fan although it would be nice to have one or two on the board.

But if you were Venky's would you have someone who does not trust you on the board which accounts for 99.9% of Rovers fans.

No he wasn't but he'd been a director of a major company prior to his arrival at Ewood, (Granada tv I think), and was an appropriate appointment to an appropriate position.

The only reason we need a Director of Communications is to attempt to pacify what supporters we have left and serves no purpose in a footballing sense.

Also, the guy is a diehard Evo and spends half his day tweeting about them.

This is another example of Venky's mismanagement and why I cringe when I hear folk say they're doing alright now.

Alan was very very supportive of the supporters , spoke to him a number of times and he is certainly one of the good guys and a great appointment for the club

I'm confused - good appointment or not?

Being a member of the board is completely different from being a liaison officer ,

He's a nice guy , but does that make him board material ?

We're not talking FTSE here, it's a business with a couple of hundred employees where most of the income magically appears in the post either from Sky or the owners/bank/whatever.

It's an operational board, as opposed to consisting mostly of non-execs, so the heads of the key functions should be on it, especially when all key decisions are made or sat on in Pune. To have another layer inbetween these chaps and the ownership would be daft for a business that size.

We're not talking FTSE here, it's a business with a couple of hundred employees where most of the income magically appears in the post either from Sky or the owners/bank/whatever.

It's an operational board, as opposed to consisting mostly of non-execs, so the heads of the key functions should be on it, especially when all key decisions are made or sat on in Pune. To have another layer inbetween these chaps and the ownership would be daft for a business that size.

And yet we had that for 20 years under the Walkers. It's not a corner shop it's a multimillion pound business.

And yet we had that for 20 years under the Walkers. It's not a corner shop it's a multimillion pound business.

Prior to Jack we had a board consisting of largely the ownership, local businessmen who chipped in when things were tough. When Jack bought in, pretty much all those were shipped out and day to day the club was run between him and Williams, with a tiny, nominal board to meet the legal requirements - Burnley Bob was "chairman" for most of Jack's tenure remember. After Jack went, the Trust devolved most of Jack's involvement onto Williams, who added Finn and the finance chap over time. Now a lot of what Williams did is, for better or worse, back with the ownership. The Williams-run board who ran the club in its entirity and met the owners once a year was the anomoly in how we have been run in my time.

It's a small business which administers the funneling of multi-millions from benefactors to players; the cash generated and deployed by the management is a fraction of the money flowing through. A business the size it is now can't afford a highly paid layer between the executives and the ownership

Prior to Jack we had a board consisting of largely the ownership, local businessmen who chipped in when things were tough. When Jack bought in, pretty much all those were shipped out and day to day the club was run between him and Williams, with a tiny, nominal board to meet the legal requirements - Burnley Bob was "chairman" for most of Jack's tenure remember. After Jack went, the Trust devolved most of Jack's involvement onto Williams, who added Finn and the finance chap over time. Now a lot of what Williams did is, for better or worse, back with the ownership. The Williams-run board who ran the club in its entirity and met the owners once a year was the anomoly in how we have been run in my time.

It's a small business which administers the funneling of multi-millions from benefactors to players; the cash generated and deployed by the management is a fraction of the money flowing through. A business the size it is now can't afford a highly paid layer between the executives and the ownership

It is not a small business

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/facts-figures-analysis/sme-definition/index_en.htm

Being a member of the board is completely different from being a liaison officer ,

Funny you say that Glen, because Imo being clever is a basic requirement of making good decisions at board level. Daniel Levy for one will turn £100 into £1mill, because he is a smart individual. Do we have those individuals? I don't think we have, but we cannot lay siege into every new appointment, and then assume that they will be a failure.

Our mindsets as fans have somewhat got to change, and while it's difficult based on decisions over the last few years, it's not going to help when every appointment is scrutinised.

Lay the blame squarely at the feet of Venkys, but while we can never forgive them, at least try to give them the benefit of wanting to put things right. I'm not pro Venkys, neither am I anti Venkys, but I'm basically saying to them that next season it's make or break time. You either deliver on and off the field, but failure then, and it's time to pack up and leave the club.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived