BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

GOLF

They’re being very generous to Europe on this Ryder cup brunch thing. The Americans played incredibly well and if Europe had played well as well it might still have been 6-2. But Europe were by and large very very poor. Whether it’s football, cricket, golf the tv crew seem to be obligated to spin the most positive outlook on proceedings. I miss the Bob Willis’ of the world.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Harrington put his faith in experience and it has badly let him down. McIlroy and Casey sent out twice and hardly holed a thing between them, it was also a very strange decision to put 2 rookies out with Casey. Poulter a captains pick just doesn't have the game for this course. Westwood who only qualified thanks to Harrington opting for just 3 picks looked like an old man up against this young long hitting US team. This could well be all but over by tea time tomorrow.

To be honest, I think it’s all over now. I can’t see how we can possibly overcome this deficit.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

If Mcilroy hadn't have got battered yesterday I'm not sure he'd have been "rested"

The Ruben Rochina of golf this last half decade for me.

Can look like a Rolls Royce sometimes,  but rarely delivers when it matters and never performs consistantly. 

• Like 1

You have to fear on this showing that the Ryder Cup could be now entering a period of US dominance. You look at the depth of their Golf at the moment and it is frightening as well as these 12 players here all of whom have plenty of years left in them they have the likes of Na, Horschel and Reed not in this team. Not to mention some very exciting young players coming through like Burns, Zalatoris and Wolff. On the other hand on the European Tour I don't see a huge amount coming through at the moment, hopefully this might be a wake up call for it.

Harrington has to be down there with Faldo and James in the worst ever European captain stakes, whilst we were always up against it this week some of his decision making has been very odd, even going back to over 2 years ago when he chose to give himself one less pick. As for some of his pairings this week it seemed like they were just drawn out of a hat.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Backroom

Hi all, just want your thoughts on something. I'm thinking of setting up a bit on the side (not like that) on my days off.

Do you think there'd be scope for something like me coming to 'you' (whoever the person would be) for the following:

£10 - travel costs (would take as a deposit) to anywhere in Lancashire.

Completely clean and polish (including rust removal) - £1.50 per club, whole bag £20. £1 per extra club above 14.

Paint fills (designs agreed beforehand) £1.50 per club, whole bag £20 (assuming already clean). £1 per extra club above 14.

Combos:

Clean (including rust removal), polish, and paint fill (designs agreed beforehand) - £2.50 per club, £30 whole bag, £2 per extra club above 14.

What do you think? I think the USP is that I would come to you. That's convenient, it's cheaper than postage (£15-ish), doesn't risk clubs going missing in the post (as has happened to me), and you wouldn't have to make a trip anywhere.

Thoughts? I'm thinking of aiming at the more casual golfer, as I'm pretty sure regular golfers look after their equipment more readily.

15 hours ago, Mike E said:

Hi all, just want your thoughts on something. I'm thinking of setting up a bit on the side (not like that) on my days off.

Do you think there'd be scope for something like me coming to 'you' (whoever the person would be) for the following:

£10 - travel costs (would take as a deposit) to anywhere in Lancashire.

Completely clean and polish (including rust removal) - £1.50 per club, whole bag £20. £1 per extra club above 14.

Paint fills (designs agreed beforehand) £1.50 per club, whole bag £20 (assuming already clean). £1 per extra club above 14.

Combos:

Clean (including rust removal), polish, and paint fill (designs agreed beforehand) - £2.50 per club, £30 whole bag, £2 per extra club above 14.

What do you think? I think the USP is that I would come to you. That's convenient, it's cheaper than postage (£15-ish), doesn't risk clubs going missing in the post (as has happened to me), and you wouldn't have to make a trip anywhere.

Thoughts? I'm thinking of aiming at the more casual golfer, as I'm pretty sure regular golfers look after their equipment more readily.

I’ll take a full bag clean and polish please. 

• 1 month later...
On 18/02/2022 at 09:55, speeeeeeedie said:

I don't know what to make of this; ESPN - Mickelson on joining the Saudi golf league

The irony in this line from Mickelson is outstanding; "The Tour likes to pretend it's a democracy, but it's really a dictatorship,"

It looks like Mickelson's comments sunk the Saudi's; BBC - top PGA players staying put

Quite right too if you ask me. It was a super league in a different sport. 

Mickelson has millions. Does he need more to cover some of his alleged losses in other spheres?

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tiger Woods is back folks, great to see, The Masters wouldn’t be the same without him.

Almost comical seeing him barely get down to wait height trying to read putts at Augusta. He won’t win it but unbelievable to see him back out there. Hopefully he makes the weekend.

• Backroom

He's already had the greatest comeback of all time. Surely even Tiger can't top the 2019 Masters?

Though all he really has to do is make the cut, then hang in there while others hit it in the drink at Amen corner.

Edited by Mike E

18 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Almost comical seeing him barely get down to wait height trying to read putts at Augusta. He won’t win it but unbelievable to see him back out there. Hopefully he makes the weekend.

The thing is, nobody would be THAT surprised if he did, would they?

38 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The thing is, nobody would be THAT surprised if he did, would they?

Ummm only he would win from this position, but I would be incredibly surprised if he did yes. I'm massively into my golf and his swing mechanics just aren't there, can barely move his right hip towards target. He's playing off pure adrenaline and natural hand-eye coordination at the moment, which is majestic in its own right... one under par at Augusta!!

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Ummm only he would win from this position, but I would be incredibly surprised if he did yes. I'm massively into my golf and his swing mechanics just aren't there, can barely move his right hip towards target. He's playing off pure adrenaline and natural hand-eye coordination at the moment, which is majestic in its own right... one under par at Augusta!!

I seem to remember him winning the US Open on one leg many years ago. I've got a tenner each way riding on him anyway :)

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I seem to remember him winning the US Open on one leg many years ago. I've got a tenner each way riding on him anyway 🙂

Hope he makes you some brass!

On 08/04/2022 at 15:59, oldjamfan1 said:

I seem to remember him winning the US Open on one leg many years ago. I've got a tenner each way riding on him anyway 🙂

You should have saved your money and booked a ticket to see Paul Weller at Lytham Festival. 😄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

You should have saved your money and booked a ticket to see Paul Weller at Lytham Festival. 😄

After Woods, the National and Burnley have buggered my betting weekend I might need a place on the guest list 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Can’t be doing with the tiger watch coverage. I bet 50% of all shots shown in total are his. If include practice putts even more.

Even when he’s not on the course they show live coverage of him leaving and arriving. It was barely tolerable when he was the best in the world now he’s a middle of the road player on one leg it’s too much.