BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season & Friendlies

Just noticed that the club has announced its pre-season friendlies against Telford, Accy Stanley, Bradford, Bury & Stoke.

Thought this might be a good time to start a thread to discuss any of these games and all things pre-season (Other than transfers)

Not exactly an inspiring list but I assume that one or two more will be added in the coming weeks.

Bury, Stanley and Bradford away I imagine I'll get to.

Never really been a fan of pre-season home games!!

Deffo fancy Gigg lane if your on it! Few settlers in Manc after?

The Accy one is also a deffo.

• Moderation Lead

Deffo fancy Gigg lane if your on it! Few settlers in Manc after?

The Accy one is also a deffo.

Bury and Stanley are both midweek, so will drive to those!

Bradford on a Saturday, and only an hour away!

Oh how we used to look down on upstarts like Stoke. Now it's another 'prestige friendly'.

I haven't seen anyone try and market the game as a "prestige friendly" - have you? All I've seen is a statement from the club confirming that we'll play Telford, Stanley, Bradford, Bury and Stoke in pre-season, all away games except Stoke.

Last time I went to Bury was under Mackay and I'm sure the away fans sang David Lee's? Name the entire match in the hope we'd sign him?

Tricky bury winger and Bburn fan if memory served me right, around 87/88

Last time I went to Bury was under Mackay and I'm sure the away fans sang David Lee's? Name the entire match in the hope we'd sign him?

Tricky bury winger and Bburn fan if memory served me right, around 87/88

Correct, it was heavily rumored he would be joining us.

Actually spoke to David Lee a few years back and the deal was all agreed, but Sam Ellis then manager at Bury changed his mind. He took Lee off at half time gave him a dressing down for acknowledging the chants from Rovers fans and told him theres no way Im selling you to them now.

Everton had some 6,000 at Ewood...stoke will be lucky if they shift 1,500!

Not an attractive fixture at all.

I think you may be wrong with 1,500 ! I'll go for 3 maybe 4,000 (cheap tickets rem)

I had a look at a couple of their forums recently, they're 'over the moon' with what Mark Hughes has done there.

Highest ever Prem finish(9th), playing decent football for the first time, made me a bit jealous really.

Archived