BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

The linesman on the 'stand' side took disgraceful personal abuse from the Liverpool defence today. A couple of vile characters in their back line. It's obviously much easier to hear what goes on at pitch level when you are standing literally four feet behind the Linesman on a small quiet ground but it got me wondering at what age these lads in their late teens were suddenly allowed to go unchecked when abusing officials . They certainly would have been severely rebuked in boys football and I would be surprised if a linesman in the men's game would tolerate being called an effing useless cheating ginger c--t and similar epithets.

The Liverpool centre half; a particular lowlife even shouted at and taunted a group of primary school lads who heard his exchange with the Linesman and tried to call him out on it.

No wonder these players often grow into the kind of morons we see time and time again in the men's game (Kyle Walker anyone?), when their thuggish swaggering contempt is tolerated and unpunished.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Great article but they always have to credit the Manchester utds Liverpools city's of this world for  their development 

• Like 4

A welcome win of course but Preston will consider themselves unlucky. A mad goalmouth scramble saw a miss, great save and goal line clearance within a few seconds as we hung on. A late goal settled it for us. The final ball was too often disappointing for us but we progress to the semi-final. The two trialists,  one from Huddersfield and one from West Brom weren't too impressive but it's always difficult to judge from one game although both got taken off. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is Walker an actual prospect? Seems to score quite frequently, but I don't think he's ever been on the bench for the first XI. 

Had some injury issues this season I believe, but if he keeps this up maybe he'll be working his way into contention soon. He'll need to, as at 20 he's approaching shit or bust time.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is Walker an actual prospect? Seems to score quite frequently, but I don't think he's ever been on the bench for the first XI. 

He is only just getting up to speed after a couple of longish term injuries. He looks a decent prospect to me, strong, pacy and two good feet. He played down the middle today and took a couple of really tough challenges (one a borderline red that the referee didn't even recognise as a foul) and wasn't deterred as he seems to enjoy the physical side of the game.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

He is only just getting up to speed after a couple of longish term injuries. He looks a decent prospect to me, strong, pacy and two good feet. He played down the middle today and took a couple of really tough challenges (one a borderline red that the referee didn't even recognise as a foul) and wasn't deterred as he seems to enjoy the physical side of the game.

I've known Ethan since he was 13.  Always was the bright spark in nobbers academy in that year....it was a surprise they released him.  Not had the early luck that Dolan had when he first arrived here but has always been seen as ahead of TD at Pne.  Hopefully he gets a shot.

Nobbers also have a young lad called Aaron Bennett.  They have mucked him around a bit, real quality on the ball for me and has that eye for goal that you can't teach.  I'd have a go for him into the 23s.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Isnt Jared Harlock the guy who appears quite frequently in Rovers first team social media videos? Seems like he's been training with the first team quite abit. Surprised to see him let go.

He has trained with the first team for most of the season the article says but having seen him in the under 21's he is a long way from the first team. Hopefully he gets a contract at another club but personally I think it will be League Two at best.

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobbers also have a young lad called Aaron Bennett.  They have mucked him around a bit, real quality on the ball for me and has that eye for goal that you can't teach.  I'd have a go for him into the 23s.

Is he the lad on loan at Altrincham? Not for me at Rovers level IMO

Sad to see young players released. Harlock and Burns played a big part in the good youth cup run a few years back. Harlock seems to have been playing in different positions this year and looks to lack a bit of confidence. Burns has had some injuries, which probably haven't helped. Saadi looks technically good. Good luck to them.

39 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Who's the better prospect, Eastham or Hilton? I think Hilton is also out of contract in the summer. 

In my opinion Eastham is the better all-round keeper, it is just a shame about his lack of stature.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's a cm shorter than Shilton, and a cm taller than Paul Cooper. Never did those great keepers any harm, unless they've raised the crossbar since the 80's? 😉

The abilities of other keepers, has no bearing what-so-ever on the strengths and weaknesses of Eastham. I will repeat. In my opinion Easthams lack of stature will be his Achilles Heel. I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to be a great keeper for Blackburn Rovers.

Just now, rigger said:

The abilities of other keepers, has no bearing what-so-ever on the strengths and weaknesses of Eastham. I will repeat. In my opinion Easthams lack of stature will be his Achilles Heel. I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to be a great keeper for Blackburn Rovers.

Isnt he about the same height as Raya?