BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Jake Batty is something else. A future Rovers legend in the making down the left! Great display from the whole team, I think they'll go all the way.

Think both wingbacks looked great. Some classy classy young players .

Then quite a few just a little bit older who look the real deal 

Anybody know what's happened to Whitehall.

Thought he could have made a push for the first team when I watched him a few times last season

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Think both wingbacks looked great. Some classy classy young players .

Then quite a few just a little bit older who look the real deal 

Anybody know what's happened to Whitehall.

Thought he could have made a push for the first team when I watched him a few times last season

Whitehall is injured and has been for a while

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Jake Batty is something else. A future Rovers legend in the making down the left! Great display from the whole team, I think they'll go all the way.

Not that I'm in favour of rushing players in before they're ready, but what would you guess his chances of coping in the first team would be if we go a game or two without being able to play Pickering or Edun there?

Just seen that he turns 17 in a couple of months, so obviously still very young, but at the same time we're clearly short of senior players who can slot in there should those two not be available. 

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not that I'm in favour of rushing players in before they're ready, but what would you guess his chances of coping in the first team would be if we go a game or two without being able to play Pickering or Edun there?

Just seen that he turns 17 in a couple of months, so obviously still very young, but at the same time we're clearly short of senior players who can slot in there should those two not be available. 

You cross that bridge when/if you come to it. At the moment there are two players ahead of Batty for that first team place. I am sure he would be abe to fill in as a sub if the need ever came. I was impressed with his speed and aggression, but most of all with his final ball. He showed great vision and always seemed to play a ball where the defenders could not get to it.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This is all music to my ears, fantastic and THIS is Uncle Jack's legacy!

I was even more impressed with Adam Wharton, very composed on the ball,, knew how to use his body to turn away from trouble. Simple but very effective passing. Should evevntually make the first team.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I was even more impressed with Adam Wharton, very composed on the ball,, knew how to use his body to turn away from trouble. Simple but very effective passing. Should evevntually make the first team.

Yeah. He'll be met with the same fears and criticisms as John Buckley with his slight build and more technically skewed game, but given the right amount of patience and time he could go a long way. Probably a higher glass ceiling than his brother.

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yeah. He'll be met with the same fears and criticisms as John Buckley with his slight build and more technically skewed game, but given the right amount of patience and time he could go a long way. Probably a higher glass ceiling than his brother.

That's interesting, because I think Scott Wharton is going to be a Premiership defender. Best CB (potential wise) to break through since Jones. Better than Hanley ever was for us. If his brother has even more potential, that's excellent. And both Rovers fans from Blackburn, right?

We have a really exciting crop. Of course the reality is always that at least half of the ones we are excited about won't make it here, but if anything like half of them do, it will be a huge boon.

• Like 1

I won't send a screenshot of the message because it wasn't sent to me directly and it seems backhanded. But Jake Batty made some fantastic comments to a friend of mine about hopes & dreams for the future. Including his main career aim of scoring against Burnley and throwing a hand gesture in celebration. Loved it when I saw that. 

42 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Under 18s won 5-0 against Leeds this afternoon,  good day all round. 

No team ,coverage ,report etc on club website 🙄

I'm sure they were putting all their efforts into fixing the streaming problems in good time. Oh, wait...

• Like 1