BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If they don't want the logo, don't buy the shirt.

I think you've missed the point. They have already bought the shirt with Recoverite on it. The club are offering to put a Totally Wicked patch over the adults shirts but can't do that with kids shirts. So what is on offer for the kids shirts.

Hope this helps.

15 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

you would think if dack is playing tomorrow for u23 they could steam first half back to ewood for all those who would have gone

They might get it right for the last 3 minutes.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Interestingly the lineup on google shows Adam Wharton as having played in central defence, whereas he is normally a midfielder.

Is that correct, and if so did he look like he inherited any of the same ability as his brother playing there? I know he is generally better known as a good technical player.

After Markanday's injury (I'm gutted about that) and despite needing to recruit to fill there again, it's good to think we have Dack returning, then the likes of Vale, Chapman and McBride as emergency cover. Today we didn't even have Diaz or Rothwell available, which we will again shortly, but we beat a team in top form.

How is James Brown doing?

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Interestingly the lineup on google shows Adam Wharton as having played in central defence, whereas he is normally a midfielder.

Is that correct, and if so did he look like he inherited any of the same ability as his brother playing there? I know he is generally better known as a good technical player.

Google was wrong. Played in his usual central midfielder position. Different player to his brother, would say his style is a bit like Tom Cairney. 

• Like 1

Managed to view 60 minutes of the U23 game via Leeds TV.

Best game they have played all season and it was really great performance. 

16-year old Ash Phillips was named captain, which is really unique at this age group, but what a wonderful talent.  Had several forward burst where he just glides past players with pace. 

Dack managed 45 minutes, but wasn't that involved. Might be expected as it was the first outing and low on match fitness. Still was quality on the ball, and heavily involved in the third game with a nice through ball for Brown who setup Vale.

There are not many better strikers at this level when Vale is on form, and he grabbed a hattrick. Think he could be a better option than Butterworth at times when we are low on numbers for the first team. Otherwise he's probably heading out for a new loan.

Also have to mention Chapman who I thought was really good. Great application, helping back and getting on the ball. Played for the team, and based on that performance another one who could be an option of the bench.

New signing Brown played right-back and looked decent. Determined and competitive, proved an outlet down the right hand and got an assist. 

• Like 9

Sam Burns got two late goals for Scunthorpe yesterday, as they went down 3-2 to Bristol Rovers. I think they might be his first league goals in his career. Scunthorpe are second from bottom in League 2, having played a game or two more than their rivals, so it'll be a tense but interesting time for the club, during Burns' loan spell.

Scunthorpe are supposed to sign ex-Rovers reserve striker, Joe Nuttall soon, from Blackpool, where he has failed to succeed, after being signed for a transfer fee.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Sam Burns got two late goals for Scunthorpe yesterday, as they went down 3-2 to Bristol Rovers. I think they might be his first league goals in his career. Scunthorpe are second from bottom in League 2, having played a game or two more than their rivals, so it'll be a tense but interesting time for the club, during Burns' loan spell.

And on Burns Night too!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Scunthorpe are supposed to sign ex-Rovers reserve striker, Joe Nuttall soon, from Blackpool, where he has failed to succeed, after being signed for a transfer fee.

That's good, a start like that should ensure he gets chances in their team, at least for a while. Bit mad to see Oldham and Scunthorpe both bottom of League Two. Particularly Oldham, a former Premiership club. Has a team who has been in the Prem ever been relegated out of the pro leagues?

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's good, a start like that should ensure he gets chances in their team, at least for a while. Bit mad to see Oldham and Scunthorpe both bottom of League Two. Particularly Oldham, a former Premiership club. Has a team who has been in the Prem ever been relegated out of the pro leagues?

I don’t think so.

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think the nearest would be Notts County, who lost a play-off final for promotion to the PL but are now in the National League.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Bit mad to see Oldham and Scunthorpe both bottom of League Two. Particularly Oldham, a former Premiership club. Has a team who has been in the Prem ever been relegated out of the pro leagues?

Oldham were founder members of the Premier League. They were one of the clubs wanting to make it a closed shop with no relegation. 🤣🤣

• Like 1