BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

22 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well, if that is the case I wouldn't like them going training with them everyday..  in my experience of fylde as a club they are a right set of shysters.  

I know a couple of boys on loan at bamber bridge from pne and they just play games and train a couple of times per week...rest of time the play for nobbers reserves and go into Euxton as normal.  

Agreed. Way too many horror stories there. Don’t like us working with them at all.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Agreed. Way too many horror stories there. Don’t like us working with them at all.

It's right through Joe, even from a young age they bullshit parents into paying them 40 per month and they have to pay 120 to buy their own kit.....they rip off parents of kids who can play a little bit by promising them the earth....all that money does is go to fund the full time operation...its disgusting.

On 24/12/2021 at 11:09, Sparks Rover said:

It's right through Joe, even from a young age they bullshit parents into paying them 40 per month and they have to pay 120 to buy their own kit.....they rip off parents of kids who can play a little bit by promising them the earth....all that money does is go to fund the full time operation...its disgusting.

I live in that neck of the woods and know the owner, Haythornthwaite, has a reputation as something of an asshole. Although he has improved the fortunes of the club tbf.

15 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I live in that neck of the woods and know the owner, Haythornthwaite, has a reputation as something of an asshole. Although he has improved the fortunes of the club tbf.

Don't get me started. Would advise anyone to stay well clear.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Don't get me started. Would advise anyone to stay well clear.

Interesting...my mate has just been offered a decent-paying job there, double what I earn. Non-footballing capacity. He knows the owner has that reputation though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Interesting...my mate has just been offered a decent-paying job there, double what I earn. Non-footballing capacity. He knows the owner has that reputation though.

I was once offered a role there - things changed, as they always seem to with that club. Mental.

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

U23's three nil up at Boro after 40 minutes.

Good stuff, shame it's not in the league, they really need points. Could be good for confidence though. Scorers?

Found myself wondering who will play up front if McBride and Burns are off on loan as is being reported.

Annesley's loan at Woking ends tomorrow but he was absent from their game today. Recalled a couple of days early? Wonder if that means they're plotting an EFL loan for him this Jan, he earned positive reviews from his time at Woking so a chance to prove himself in the League would be welcome.

43 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Annesley's loan at Woking ends tomorrow but he was absent from their game today. Recalled a couple of days early? Wonder if that means they're plotting an EFL loan for him this Jan, he earned positive reviews from his time at Woking so a chance to prove himself in the League would be welcome.

Personnally I don't think Annesley is good enough for league football.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, inflikted said:

Ex-Rover, Joe Grayson is at Barrow, I think, in League 2 and Annesley's perhaps, in that category - though I stand corrected by those who watch the U23s regularly. I think, Grayson's better on the ball - and, admittedly, has an influential contact or two.

I still find it surprising that Dan Pike has been sent out one level lower than Annesley at Woking, to the National North, with Fylde. With the transfer window opening, I would've thought it'd make sense to keep him here and at least try to find a higher standard for him to test himself.

If McBride's and Burns' loans go through at Crewe and Scunthorpe, it'll be excellent news, I think for all. From what I can see, both players' contracts expire this summer, with a one year option. They are very close to be let go by Rovers, barring, perhaps, a good loan spell. I think it'd be a mistake to let them go so soon, but the loan spells could shed more light on that.

Edit: With 23 year old James Brown coming in from Drogheda United, to play right back and the choice to let Pike go out to Fylde, it suggests that the latter's days at Rovers are looking numbered, barring a major turnaround.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Ex-Rover, Joe Grayson is at Barrow, I think, in League 2 and Annesley's perhaps, in that category - though I stand corrected by those who watch the U23s regularly. I think, Grayson's better on the ball - and, admittedly, has an influential contact or two.

I still find it surprising that Dan Pike has been sent out one level lower than Annesley at Woking, to the National North, with Fylde. With the transfer window opening, I would've thought it'd make sense to keep him here and at least try to find a higher standard for him to test himself.

If McBride's and Burns' loans go through at Crewe and Scunthorpe, it'll be excellent news, I think for all. From what I can see, both players' contracts expire this summer, with a one year option. They are very close to be let go by Rovers, barring, perhaps, a good loan spell. I think it'd be a mistake to let them go so soon, but the loan spells could shed more light on that.

Edit: With 23 year old James Brown coming in from Drogheda United, to play right back and the choice to let Pike go out to Fylde, it suggests that the latter's days at Rovers are looking numbered, barring a major turnaround.

is Pike loan deal at Fylde a month anyway? Might look for league club after that deal? 

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Can’t agree that Burns is close to being let go. He’s been the main striker for the u23’s. Have you been to the matches this season? What makes you think he’s close to being released?

• Like 1