BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

You’re being harsh on the lad. I go regularly to to u23s and he’s better than Saadi and the others who’ve played at centre half excluding Phillips. Granted he’s behind Carter, but he better than the Brighton lump who Mowbray has taken. He has time to fill out the same as Wharton. A full season on loan at a league 1 team will make or brake him. I’m betting on the former. Plus he’s holding his own for the Gib when they play the lower National teams.

At center-half, he is behind Phillips, Carter, McGloire, Wharton, Lenihan, Ayala, who are all our players. But that matters nothing to the fact that, at the moment, he is not good enough for league football. Personally I don't think he ever will be

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats his level do you think? 

I think he could play in the EFL with a bit of time to prove himself at that level. Woking will help him get used to the more physical side of the game but next season he needs a loan in League Two at the very least. Gibraltar players seem to have longevity in their blood though as Lee Casciaro (40 years old) can still outpace Irish defenders and Roy Chipolina (38) is scoring in the Conference League. Some players like Aymen Mouelhi, Mohamed Badr and Kyle Goldwin didn't even make their debuts until they were over 30. So he's still got a good 15 years ahead of him in the game if he looks after himself.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All I’m going off is he seemed to get chosen for the Motherwell first team on a regular basis. I assumed if he was playing poorly he’d have been dropped.

That's true, he did get selected by their manager, Graham Alexander, for pretty much the whole spell. Based only on highlights, Magloire seemed, at times, to lack agility, despite his reputed pace. I suspect that part of this was down to lack of confidence, as his body language, to me, didn't look right. The issue, last year, was exemplified in a 4-1 defeat to Kilmarnock when two goals conceded were at least partly involving Magloire. You can see what I mean at 3 mins 30 seconds and  5 mins 41 seconds in these Youtube highlights. There is an element of bad luck in there too.

But Branthwaite came away from our loan spell and has been on Everton's bench this season, so, hopefully, Magloire can improve and get his career going.

Edited by riverholmes

6 hours ago, rigger said:

At center-half, he is behind Phillips, Carter, McGloire, Wharton, Lenihan, Ayala, who are all our players. But that matters nothing to the fact that, at the moment, he is not good enough for league football. Personally I don't think he ever will be

I excluded both Phillips and Carter,  Magloire has several mistakes in every game I’ve seen him play at both u23s and the first team. He should be out the door. I quoted Wharton as an example on how he could develop. I never said he’d replace Lenihan or Ayala. Given Lenihan maybe gone either in January or the summer (a ready made replacement is needed). Of the others Louis is our best bet CURRENTLY. I don’t understand your negative feelings to the boy. Christ he’s only 21 and you’ve written the kid off. 

20 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I excluded both Phillips and Carter,  Magloire has several mistakes in every game I’ve seen him play at both u23s and the first team. He should be out the door. I quoted Wharton as an example on how he could develop. I never said he’d replace Lenihan or Ayala. Given Lenihan maybe gone either in January or the summer (a ready made replacement is needed). Of the others Louis is our best bet CURRENTLY. I don’t understand your negative feelings to the boy. Christ he’s only 21 and you’ve written the kid off. 

It's quite simple really. In my opinion Annesley is not good enough to play at league level. The day he does play for a league team I will abmit I was wrong. If you think Annesley is a league standard player, that is your entitled opinion. Only time will tell who is right.

9 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

You’re being harsh on the lad. I go regularly to to u23s and he’s better than Saadi and the others who’ve played at centre half excluding Phillips. Granted he’s behind Carter, but he better than the Brighton lump who Mowbray has taken. He has time to fill out the same as Wharton. A full season on loan at a league 1 team will make or brake him. I’m betting on the former. Plus he’s holding his own for the Gib when they play the lower National teams.

I can't see him getting a season on loan at League One yet. Perhaps as emergency cover, but otherwise I suspect it's League Two at best until he can prove himself there. Which would leave him too far from proving himself for this level any time soon. I expect he will be released when his deal is up tbh. Too many bodies ahead of him in the pecking order.

Annesley could easily compete in League Two. He's got the frame and the lack of pace wouldn't hurt him as much in that league. Can't see him breaking above step four though. Best bet for him is a top end VNL move and promotion.

On 17/11/2021 at 23:23, Spartakfenni said:

I think it's fair to say that he's not currently looking like someone who will step up to Championship level for the next couple of seasons. Restarting his career somewhere else would probably be good for both parties. He might spend a few years bulking up and getting experience down the leagues and make his way up again. Matty Platt is one example. 

For Rovers it makes more sense to free up his place with the younger generation coming through. Sam Barnes will return from injury, Phillips will anyway be fast tracked. There is also a couple of decent prospect for the U18 who needs chances at U23 level next season. 

I expect Magloire, Annesly, Saaidi all to move on. They can all make a career, but probably better to restart on another level.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2021 at 09:27, JoeH said:

Annesley could easily compete in League Two. He's got the frame and the lack of pace wouldn't hurt him as much in that league. Can't see him breaking above step four though. Best bet for him is a top end VNL move and promotion.

If he could easily compete in League Two, why do you say the best bet for him is a VNL move? Is it that you think he is good enough for it but that nobody at that level will seek him out yet?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If he could easily compete in League Two, why do you say the best bet for him is a VNL move? Is it that you think he is good enough for it but that nobody at that level will seek him out yet?

Basically. Platt & Grayson both promoted out VNL into League Two and are regulars this season there. Think it's a good route for those with minimal experience.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Basically. Platt & Grayson both promoted out VNL into League Two and are regulars this season there. Think it's a good route for those with minimal experience.

Makes sense for players of a certain calibre and experience yeh. Of course, it relies on their club getting promoted! But if they do well they could still attract interest from higher up, especially while young. How is your new gig going Joe?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Makes sense for players of a certain calibre and experience yeh. Of course, it relies on their club getting promoted! But if they do well they could still attract interest from higher up, especially while young. How is your new gig going Joe?

Going great mate thanks! I’ve become much more of a viewer here as a result of the gig but well worth it. Academy thread is one I’m probably okay to comment on, but treading carefully.

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Going great mate thanks! I’ve become much more of a viewer here as a result of the gig but well worth it. Academy thread is one I’m probably okay to comment on, but treading carefully.

Sometimes better to just be an onlooker here than get involved in some of the inane back and forth anyway! 😄 Glad you're happy doing what you want to be doing, the start of a long and happy career hopefully.

I would have thought you'd be fine to comment on anyone your employers aren't targeting and you're not recommending for them though?

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sometimes better to just be an onlooker here than get involved in some of the inane back and forth anyway! 😄 Glad you're happy doing what you want to be doing, the start of a long and happy career hopefully.

I would have thought you'd be fine to comment on anyone your employers aren't targeting and you're not recommending for them though?

"I really like Player X, he's got such quality, we should be all over him" could quickly translate to a crap online news article that any one of the 14k season ticket holders up there may latch onto about Hearts 'strong' interest in Player X. Learned the hard way early on with Twitter! Just keeping a low profile, and watching the BRFCS madness unfold 😉 

A strange game tonight, we lost to Arsenal 2-3. Arsenal were 0-2 at half time, but we were not out of the game. Midway through the second half Arsenal had a man sent off for a deliberate handball. we pressed and eventually got back to 2-2. We then proceeded to miss loads of what seemed sitters.Then we lost to a suckerpunch near the end. With the last kick of the game, Pike was sent off for booting one of their players. It was silly and maybe was down to frustration at not being in the starting eleven. A mention also for Pears in goal who pulled off a few good saves. Despite the score it was again, entartaining.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

Another feisty but entertaining game and what Rovers lack in quality compared to these big sides they make up in graft. Didn't deserve to lose in the end but if you don't take your chances.

Quite impressed with Pears barking instructions and 3 real good saves although imo might have done better for 1 or 2 of theirs but they were well executed.  Ref was a plonker as was a few of their play acting players.

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

With the last kick of the game, Pike was sent off for booting one of their players. It was silly and maybe was down to frustration at not being in the starting eleven.

Well that won't help him be in the starting eleven. For one thing that will be a 3 match ban for violent conduct? And then it will hardly have endeared him to the management. Seems to have a lot to learn.

Who started ahead of him?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Well that won't help him be in the starting eleven. For one thing that will be a 3 match ban for violent conduct? And then it will hardly have endeared him to the management. Seems to have a lot to learn.

Who started ahead of him?

A young coloured lad, not sure of his name, he went off, with what looked like cramp, to be replaced by Pike.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

He looked like another of the new breed of full-backs, looks good going forward, but not a very good defender.

Shame. I prefer my defenders to defend first and foremost. That's why I'll take a Nyambe over a JRC every day of the week. But ideally you want someone who can do both, like a Le Saux.

• Like 2