BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd take their left back and centre half on loan tomorrow,  how the fuck have we ended up with Clarkson when there's at least 8 players who are better...joke.

Costello never a player

Carter looks iffy

I wouldn't be hopeful of any of these lads breaking through....

i don`t think tony gets to decide who we get on loan,he just asks and hopes,we got really lucky with harvey elliot and tosin and got the never going to makes it`s  with branthwaite,poveda and clarkson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

At 0-2 with 10 minutes to go it will feel like a victory no doubt

Liverpool were a very young team and ran out of a bit of steam.  You could do at the beginning they were miles ahead of us....I particularly like their midfielder who scored twice....Elijah Dixon 👍

I thought our best player was the young blond lad who came on half way through the second half. Got a chance

I'd take their left back and centre half on loan tomorrow,  how the fuck have we ended up with Clarkson when there's at least 8 players who are better...joke.

Costello never a player

Carter looks iffy

I wouldn't be hopeful of any of these lads breaking through....

Tbf, Clarkson supposedly looked good for their u23s too. It's not always easy to tell if someone is good enough for our first team based on how they play against our kids.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf, Clarkson supposedly looked good for their u23s too. It's not always easy to tell if someone is good enough for our first team based on how they play against our kids.

I understand that.  Their left back would easily play in the championship in my opinion.  To be fair we had half a dozen who have featured in our first team. They had none.

Edited by Sparks Rover

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think tony gets to decide who we get on loan,he just asks and hopes,we got really lucky with harvey elliot and tosin and got the never going to makes it`s  with branthwaite,poveda and clarkson

It isnt balanced to criticise the manager for loans that he gets wrong yet put the good ones down to being "really lucky."

Good crowd , poor performance. the  two best players were in the crowd (Burns and Phillips).Not one player stood out. What I took from the game is that I don't think Annesley and the Greek keeper will ever make the first team. Even if we where in league 2.

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I understand that.  Their left back would easily play in the championship in my opinion.  To be fair we had half a dozen who have featured in our first team. They had none.

Seems often players dropping down to the u23s from first team are mostly looking for fitness, whereas the other young lads are still hungry and trying to make it, and it's their main football so they put more into it.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Seems often players dropping down to the u23s from first team are mostly looking for fitness, whereas the other young lads are still hungry and trying to make it, and it's their main football so they put more into it.

Not sure I agree with that. 

Carter was woeful, Butterworth did nowt, Davenport the same.....these aren't dropping down for fitness,  it's only game they are getting.  How else do they get in the first team...?🤷‍♂️

Those 18 year olds in red are a class.above our supposed squad players......our squad players only came into the game when they made subs and got tired.  Dont be fooled by the score..

Edited by Sparks Rover

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Carter was woeful, Butterworth did nowt, Davenport the same.....these aren't dropping down for fitness,  it's only game they are getting.  How else do they get in the first team...?🤷‍♂️

Those 18 year olds in red are a class.above our supposed squad players......our squad players only came into the game when they made subs and got tired.  Dont be fooled by the score..

I didn't dispute that they were woeful, did nowt etc. I didn't watch it so I have only opinions on here to go off. It being the only game they're getting is why they need these games for fitness. Over the years I've seen and heard of loads of accounts of first team players, including multimillion pound purchase Prem players and supposed mega prospects, do poorly in youth games. Players who have already played at a higher level are less enthused about playing at u23 is my point. They're also not match sharp as they haven't been playing much.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I didn't dispute that they were woeful, did nowt etc. I didn't watch it so I have only opinions on here to go off. It being the only game they're getting is why they need these games for fitness. Over the years I've seen and heard of loads of accounts of first team players, including multimillion pound purchase Prem players and supposed mega prospects, do poorly in youth games. Players who have already played at a higher level are less enthused about playing at u23 is my point. They're also not match sharp as they haven't been playing much.

They had that man fitness over the opposition today. Liverpool had a lot of 18s and they tired.

A bit like the first team a lot of effort and huffing and puffing but create nothing and don't seem to have an actual style.

The only football they try and play is across the back and usually when they are under pressure and it's the wrong thing to do. Apart from Liverpools second goal there didn't really seem any gulf in quality. Liverpool happy to let Rovers play then mop up the misplaced passes and launch counters.

Lively game though and good result in the end, didn't deserve to lose.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A bit like the first team a lot of effort and huffing and puffing but create nothing and don't seem to have an actual style.

The only football they try and play is across the back and usually when they are under pressure and it's the wrong thing to do. Apart from Liverpools second goal there didn't really seem any gulf in quality. Liverpool happy to let Rovers play then mop up the misplaced passes and launch counters.

Lively game though and good result in the end, didn't deserve to lose.

Amazing how people differ in opinion.  I thought for the first half they were by far the better team.  Dominated the ball, had more chances than they scored...their 8 ran the first 30 minutes and scored 2...their 18 year old.up front was constantly a thorn in the side of older pros

Can't see  what the fuss is about with JRC..I can see him drifting down the leagues

I think 2nd half their weakness physically showed and we had a bit more overall fitness

Edited by Sparks Rover

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Amazing how people differ in opinion.  I thought for the first half they were by far the better team.  Dominated the ball, had more chances than they scored...their 8 ran the first 30 minutes and scored 2...their 18 year old.up front was constantly a thorn in the side of older pros

Can't see  what the fuss is about with JRC..I can see him drifting down the leagues

I think 2nd half their weakness physically showed and we had a bit more overall fitness

As i said i thought it was down to us shooting ourselves in the foot a bit like the first team. How many times did Rovers put themselves under pressure by trying to play it across the back ?  

To be fair it did look like Liverpool were in 2nd gear but their 1st goal was a gift. I was surprised they began to wilt at 2 nil up but didn't know they were full of younger lads. Credit to Rovers though for keep plugging away though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was surprised they began to wilt at 2 nil up but didn't know they were full of younger lads. 

18 year olds in there v Carter and Wharton, they are bound to tire after an hour....some of them clearly need to develop physically.  Their 9 is 18 and was a class above anything we had on the pitch, his pressing game is very good for his age....

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

18 year olds in there v Carter and Wharton, they are bound to tire after an hour....some of them clearly need to develop physically.  Their 9 is 18 and was a class above anything we had on the pitch, his pressing game is very good for his age....

Who was the big no 5 at the back for them ?   He looked like he could walk into a championship side physically.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Who was the big no 5 at the back for them ?   He looked like he could walk into a championship side physically.

Yep I said that after 10 mins....headed everything away, could slot into our defence and send little boy back. Koumetio, French lad from Lyon and Orleans

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Their left back is Tony Gallagher, who is 22. Played senior football for Falkirk when very young before Liverpool snapped up a few years ago. 

One of many who won't make it at a top club, but good enough to restart down the league or Scotland. Problem for many of those players are that they stick around too long at top clubs playing U23 football. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I have to agree that Yesterday's match was very poor by Rovers, esp considering the seniors players involved. Liverpool is not a great team at this level, and only one of their starting players had actually scored a U23 goal this season. They were far better organized, much more energy and played with a lot more pace. Far too many of the Rovers players treated it as a fitness exercise and it showed with a lot of sloppy involvements. Carter, Costello and Butterworth were really poor. Wharton and Davenport at least looked better in second half. McBride was totally invisible and looks completely void of confidence. 

Rovers improved with the introduction of Brennan and young Leonard who was able to ruffle the big centre half of Liverpool a bit.

A lucky 2-2 draw as the penalty was very soft.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, briansol said:

Problem for many of those players are that they stick around too long at top clubs playing U23 football. 

22 and running down probably a 20k per week contract.  I'll have a bit of that.!....Not too long for him I bet because his next contract will be less than half that.....wasn't impressed with Cirino either....not seen that lad since he was 15 and does the same things. Gives ball away and makes poor decisions.

Edited by Sparks Rover

22 and running down probably a 20k per week contract.  I'll have a bit of that.!....Not too long for him I bet because his next contract will be less than half that.....wasn't impressed with Cirino either....not seen that lad since he was 15 and does the same things. Gives ball away and makes poor decisions.

For me Cirino could make a half decent winger, he is never a full-back.

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Luke Brennan. Good tricky left winger. One to watch I think

First positive I've heard or seen about him in a long time. Was highly rated and linked to Liverpool, went on loan to a low level (Fylde I think), made no impression there and has practically fallen off the radar. When I've watched him hasn't particularly impressed me either.

No real optimism for his future tbh. But you never know. Sometimes players lose their way for a while and find it again.

• Like 3