BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Shame. I prefer my defenders to defend first and foremost. That's why I'll take a Nyambe over a JRC every day of the week. But ideally you want someone who can do both, like a Le Saux.

I'll tell you who did look good last night and that was the Arsenal number two, the lad that got sent off. He was assured wherever he found himself playing. I thought he was a little unlucky to get a red.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Did you see the game last night. Arsenals first two goals came from the full-backs being out of defensive position.

Where were the 2 midfielders? When the full back bombs forward 1 of them must cover, but they don't. If you leave the space exposed then off course a decent team will exploit it.

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Where were the 2 midfielders? When the full back bombs forward 1 of them must cover, but they don't. If you leave the space exposed then off course a decent team will exploit it.

I repeat my question. Did you see the game last night ?

On 18/11/2021 at 09:27, JoeH said:

Annesley could easily compete in League Two. He's got the frame and the lack of pace wouldn't hurt him as much in that league. Can't see him breaking above step four though. Best bet for him is a top end VNL move and promotion.

Could always surprise people. Considering he was released by Barnet at 17 cos they didn't rate him, then 6 months later he signed for Blackburn, he's got form for that.

Barnet haven't done well in that regard though. Kai McKenzie-Lyle another they released in 2018 - he then signed for Liverpool (Barnet got no compensation cos they released him) and is now at Cambridge United. Their youth coach must have a low score on FM for Judging Player Ability and Potential.

Edited by inflikted
  • Like 1

Interesting move, Chris Samba appointed as academy coach. 

Can only see the positives here, Premier League quality player who was with us during a v successful period. Hopefully can help others develop that winning mentality

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19741116.chris-samba-back-blackburn-rovers-coaching-capacity/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Can only see the positives here, Premier League quality player who was with us during a v successful period. Hopefully can help others develop that winning mentality

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19741116.chris-samba-back-blackburn-rovers-coaching-capacity/

Class!!! Loved Samba 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Rovers have announced it now

48 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Imagine being 14 and having Chris become your new coach...😮

I just hope he's in it for the love of the job and not to make some easy money before moving somewhere better-paying. Fool me once etc...

The problem being, I don't think he has ever been in it for the love of the job.

Fool me twice, shame on me

1 minute ago, Spartakfenni said:

What’s your problem? They are two to three years behind the West Ham boys. You may have watched the u23’s like me but you don’t understand the academy route to success.

What I do know. If you are in a winning team, you will have a winning mentality, and that is always important.

Academy not winning games isn't the end of the world, but becomes a big deal if relegation becomes a serious threat. We don't want to be playing in PL2 Div 2 again. I've watched that level several times this season, Burnley are there right now, it's just a complete step below the 1st division. Relegation would equal really poor development for our 23's team for at least a year, if not longer depending on how quickly we bounce back up.