BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

15 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

The u18s are top of 5he league and these are the same players who are playing for the u23s. What’s your comment on that? Do you retract your post?

No they are not, some do, most don't. Name the under 18s that regularly play for the U23s. Against Arsenal the only two were Ferguson and Pratt.

Edited by rigger

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

No they are not, some do, most don't. Name the under 18s that regularly play for the U23s.

I don’t believe you. Ferguson, Gamble, Pratt, Phillips, Wharton, Gilsenan,  Lenonard.  That’s seven that I know have played for the u23s. I know that knocks your agreement out the park. You don’t like anybody questioning your views.

They have made a couple of appearances each and never all at once. The U23s have mainly been made up this season of Eastham, Pike, Annesley, Saadi, Cirino, Nolan, Harlock, Durrant, Brennan, McBride, Burns. Not a view, a fact. Anyway time for bed I have an early start tomorrow. Don't feel obliged to reply. 

Edited by rigger

On 25/11/2021 at 21:03, rigger said:

To tell you my thoughts. I doubt he has had nothing in either payments or promises of future income.

Samba was reputed to be earning about 100k a week I think it was, at QPR, and about 80k a week at that Russian club before. Unless he has managed his money extremely poorly, I doubt promises of future income (probably not even 1k a week now, I would guess something like 600 or so to be a standard youth coach for a club like us) would motivate him to work for free for 7 months.

If he really has worked for free since then, it's because he is very interested in taking this career step and was willing to do the ground work for it. Probably combined with, as a lesser factor, some affinity for the club where he made his name and has his best years.

And yes I think he will bugger off if he gets a better career opportunity.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

I don’t believe you. Ferguson, Gamble, Pratt, Phillips, Wharton, Gilsenan,  Lenonard.  That’s seven that I know have played for the u23s. I know that knocks your agreement out the park. You don’t like anybody questioning your views.

Ferguson (3rd yr scholar and Gisenan aren't U18's...but the team generally does have a few 18's in each game.

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Samba was reputed to be earning about 100k a week I think it was, at QPR, and about 80k a week at that Russian club before. Unless he has managed his money extremely poorly, I doubt promises of future income (probably not even 1k a week now, I would guess something like 600 or so to be a standard youth coach for a club like us) would motivate him to work for free for 7 months.

If he really has worked for free since then, it's because he is very interested in taking this career step and was willing to do the ground work for it. Probably combined with, as a lesser factor, some affinity for the club where he made his name and has his best years.

And yes I think he will bugger off if he gets a better career opportunity.

As anyone would and should tbf.

Good to read that Tyler Magloire got a game for the U23, albeit, in a 1-0 defeat to West Ham U23, who are, at the moment, top of the league. Rovers are second from bottom this time round but, to put it in context, all the clubs in the league are Premier League sides, except for Derby, who are bottom. 

Just having a read of a match report and it's interesting that Brennan played right wing/forward, which is, I think, a fairly new position for him - also, again, no sign of goalie, Stergiakis. I'm guessing he must have a long-term injury or, perhaps, the club are looking to move him on, as he features so intermittently for a player signed with a reported transfer fee.

Edited by riverholmes

We were outclassed in every department today. I was very impressed with Uniteds defender Teden Mengi. He was always available for a pass, everything he did was simple and acurate. On a couple of occasions their defence was being stretched, he put the ball out of the ground, to give the team time to organise themselves. I thought the Rovers looked in a better shape when George Pratt came on.