BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

3 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Maybe I was harsh to call the result a disgrace at the weekend. I wasn't happy with some remarks Stuart Jones made a while back and it was more about him than the players.

Stuart Jones left the Rovers in the Summer to become Head of the Academy at Burnley.  The present Under-18 side isn't the strongest and injuries haven't helped.  Most weeks there are a number of Under-16 players making up the numbers which partly explains why we languish next to bottom of the table.  Manchester United are top of the table, at present, and along with Chelsea and City have one of the best Academies in the Country, as you would expect from one of the world's biggest and richest clubs.  Rovers are the only Third Division club attempting to compete at this level so under the circumstances it's no surprise that we are struggling at the moment, particularly when we come up against the better Academy sides.

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Stuart Jones left the Rovers in the Summer to become Head of the Academy at Burnley.  The present Under-18 side isn't the strongest and injuries haven't helped.  Most weeks there are a number of Under-16 players making up the numbers which partly explains why we languish next to bottom of the table.  Manchester United are top of the table, at present, and along with Chelsea and City have one of the best Academies in the Country, as you would expect from one of the world's biggest and richest clubs.  Rovers are the only Third Division club attempting to compete at this level so under the circumstances it's no surprise that we are struggling at the moment, particularly when we come up against the better Academy sides.

Without wishing to be pedantic (understandable oversight) that was Ian Jones though I'm sure you're fully aware of that. 

Of course he's under pressure its just the extent that's in question. The way you both talk its like he has an easy ride and just has to turn up with a deckchair every morning. Then again that's probably what some staff get away with working for Venkys.

Edited by Vinjay17

51 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/hardcastle-signs-new-deal/

Is this lad any good @Parsonblue and the others who watch the U23's? I saw him on the box playing for Salford in the FA Cup a season or two ago and he looked decent. He must be progressing if he's got a new contract.

It's nice seeing some of our younger talent putting pen to paper.I have to admit I thought I'd see a lot of our more talented youth moving on in search of more 1st team football

• Like 1

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15726314.Tony_Mowbray_on_the_balance_of_development_and_first_team_exposure_for_Rovers__young_guns/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

"I shouldn’t sit here and name them but it’s down to the individuals to push in to the team and I do know we have three or four that will be first-team players on a regular basis over the next few years.”

Any of the regular U'23 watchers like to guess at the 3 or 4 Mowbray believes will be regular 1st teamers for years to come?

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15726314.Tony_Mowbray_on_the_balance_of_development_and_first_team_exposure_for_Rovers__young_guns/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

"I shouldn’t sit here and name them but it’s down to the individuals to push in to the team and I do know we have three or four that will be first-team players on a regular basis over the next few years.”

Any of the regular U'23 watchers like to guess at the 3 or 4 Mowbray believes will be regular 1st teamers for years to come?

Tomlinson

Travis

Wharton

Would be my guess 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Tomlinson

Hardcastle

Travis

Maybr Rankin Costello.or Platt or Jack Doyle