BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Brighton: 21st March at 3pm

Well we're well and truly staying in the Championship. The consensus is we were beaten by a better Brentford side, and probably by a more savvy manager. Same old.

We have another home game before a break (the tired players will be pleased, apart from Corry & JR, who have had the form to be picked for their respective motherlands), and with the massive weight of 60-100 (me included) regular posters on here, and about 10,000 strange folk (me included) who still stroll down to Ewood, only to trudge away at the end, in a meaningless match against the Seagulls.

I expect a fairly thin(er) than usual attendance, little atmosphere, and an inevitable win when it matters not.

Gary, we have tired stars, let's play a couple of youngsters, blood them, see how they get on. We are safe from relegation, Madame will see it as a positive, and quite frankly what have YOU got to lose?

Well we all probably know the answer, but I hope he watched Warburton's team closely on Tuesday....they played with pace and imagination. He's seen them twice this season and lost both times - and deservedly so. They were the better team. What is it now, over 100 games in charge, and his team is bang average.

I don't mean to be mean, but I for one have a patience running thin. Hats off to those who will go back regardless next year, I still find it hard not to spend inordinate amounts of time on here when I'm not at the game, post as much as I can when I'm at the home games.

Passion, manifests itself in many ways. I'm still passionate going to Ewood, less so walking away, but I still go back.......must be love, or idiocy, or something in between!

So, with only the replay to inflame the groin (can I get away with that), I look forward to a win, a trip to Wembley when Rudy's mojo comes back on the 8th April, and a massive Euro millions win that I will donate to my beloved Rovers......still sober as well.

COYB's!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'm looking forward to the fact he may play a few youngsters. Seeing as we are robbed of a few players it would be nice to see something a bit different from the same old pedestrian predictable stuff. Perhaps a player like young Connor M getting 45 mins and actually running at people and taking them on. Something completely alien to a Bowyer team, Marshall or Conway aside.

The problem we saw on Tuesday is that Brentford simply bullied Rovers from start to finish. They are a team of pie eaters and a midfield that was run by Jonathan DOUGLAS just epitomises how poor Rovers were on the pitch.

As for tomorrow game v Brighton. There is no doubt they will have seen how awful we were. Tommy Spurr was so far off the match it was embarrassing and if he plays Brighton will surely target him. In addition, they will have seen just how Brentford got at Rudy. They had a small player on him who was marshalled by one of their centre backs and that is why, apart from the 5th minute, he didn't have any joy. Rhodes was marked out of the game completely.

The biggest thing of concern is that Brentford were there to be taken down the flanks as they packed centre midfield, Rovers have a lack of pace in this area especially down the left flank and unless Olsson is playing then Mahoney is a must, he cannot do any worse.

Rovers must protect the back 4 instead of opening like the red sea.

One things for sure, they are playing for pride and a spot in the team versus Liverpool. They must be up for it.

There are some now playing for their futures and for me, its got to be a game they must win.

Scrappy but Rovers just about do enough to win 2-1

Going for either a draw or the more likely Brighton win.

Think our lads will be as flat as a witches you know what and we know that 'Gaz' is hardly the great motivator.

Has all the makings of a real end of season affair, however, think Hughton's relative newness to the job at Brighton will ensure that he gets a fair bit more from his lads than 'Gaz' does from ours.

2-1 to Brighton with 8,000 hardy souls taking their seats at Ewood but an 'official' attendance given of 13,124.

Going for either a draw or the more likely Brighton win.

Think our lads will be as flat as a witches you know what and we know that 'Gaz' is hardly the great motivator.

Has all the makings of a real end of season affair, however, think Hughton's relative newness to the job at Brighton will ensure that he gets a fair bit more from his lads than 'Gaz' does from ours.

2-1 to Brighton with 8,000 hardy souls taking their seats at Ewood but an 'official' attendance given of 13,124.

No 4-1, 6-1, 8-1 today Mercer?

• Backroom

There is clearly a lot of excitement about this game

I'm just hoping that now there is nothing to play for the shackles will come off a bit, would like to see Green (for pace alone) or Mahoney (sounds all round potential) given 15-20 minutes but can't see it.

Expect Brown may be brought back at the expense of Rudy sadly but I suppose at this point it doesn't matter and if there's a chance we can keep Rhodes next season we may as well let him build a partnership with Brown as Rudy will be in the top flight.

Hopefully we won't be lumbered with Spurr today

Score anywhere from 4-0 to 2-3 genuinely have no idea but at a random guess a 2-0 win.

I'd love to see some youngsters in the team for today.

I think GB already knows his team for the cup tie and he will want to keep them fresh and free from injury.

Have we any young strikers? What's Rittenberg like?

Time to experiment Gary.

However, whatever you do will be moaned about.

I'd love to see some youngsters in the team for today.

I think GB already knows his team for the cup tie and he will want to keep them fresh and free from injury.

Have we any young strikers? What's Rittenberg like?

Time to experiment Gary.

However, whatever you do will be moaned about.

Think you could be right Bazza. After Tuesday nights display none of the players could moan about being dropped. We desperately need a forward with pace as Rudy and Jordan were woeful last time out.

Hope we can get a win today, I'm going 2-1 Rovers - Henley and Brown to score!! :rover:

I would like to see Mahoney, Nyamba and Green given some game time now.

my team today would be:-

Steele; Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson, Evans, Spearing; Taylor, Cairney, Marshall; Rhodes

Subs:- Eastwood, Spurr, Gestede, Brown, Mahoney, Green, Williamson

going for 2 nil win.

Archived