BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Venkys apologize to Sam?

It is going to be tougher than ever to get out of the Championship. Could Sam get us out of this league or can we improve sufficiently to keep the same management team?

Yes to the first, no to the second. Venkys have never apologised to us so I can't ever see it happening.

..and so another ember of hope dies. Parr for the course under this lot !

Jam tomorrow though, its a promise.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% ,

Had they left him in charge , we'd still be a Premiership club.

With the money they've spent too , we'd have seen at least a couple of marquee signings in the mould of what was discussed in the early days of their reign .

His record speaks for itself .

Under Bowyer this team will never progress , he's proven beyond reasonable doubt IMO that he is not a Leader of men , he's tactically woeful and there is so many murmurings of the players not respecting him that this is not winning ticket .

If it's the Raos intention to stop around and they want a product which is not going to keep costing them millions upon millions yearly. Then they need to address the biggest mistake they made .

Get a competent MD and an experienced manager who has the edge and is a born winner

BFS just needs to bide his time until about November and. Some PL team will come calling with another crisis and huge incentive to keep them up. Good luck to him. Pure fantasy to think he would ever cone back here.

I was told last night that Sam was goibg to be Boltons next manager ....

This lady is a Bolton season ticket holder , with a few connections around the club...

Could be wishful thinking !

But then again , pressure on Lennon from the off !

I believe Sam kept his house in Bromley Cross and that his children and grandchildren are up here.

I'm sure he wouldn't take us on due to the terrible way he was treated, but he is a manager I would love to have in charge.

If there was one way the V's could begin to put us back on the correct path it would be to bring him and his team back.

Although....how long before there would be a 'do you still have faith in Sam' poll on here :(

Have any owners ever apologised to a manager they've sacked? A pointless thing to do, especially when you consider the compensation they have to pay when they get rid. I'd have more respect for managers/ players/ execs etc who get fired if they didn't sign NDA's that prevented them from giving two barrels to those who pot them.

I was told last night that Sam was goibg to be Boltons next manager ....

This lady is a Bolton season ticket holder , with a few connections around the club...

Could be wishful thinking !

But then again , pressure on Lennon from the off !

I hope not. Its going to be hard enough to get promoted as it is.

Although....how long before there would be a 'do you still have faith in Sam' poll on here :(

Haha... That's exactly what I thought.

Sourness made the point yesterday about NE footy fans, as Sunderland and Newcastle have had 26 managers in 15 years between them.

They need get some patience as it's obvious that continuity is a big part of long term success. This big club mentality that the Geordies have, actively harms their chances of going forward.

I think big Sam will be managing the first club to falter next season. I'm thinking Villa when Sherwoods bubble bursts.

The days of proper managers at rovers are long gone, we have to make do with gobshites and kissarses under this lot, to trawl through memory lane when we had proven managers, makes me weep, we just have to accept it until venkyscum do one

There will be no promotion whilst the Venkys are in situ .....

Absolutely spot on Waggy.

All this talk of them learning lessons, wanting to make things right is complete and utter bunkum.

They need to go, take the debt with them if they're so flush, and leave us the hell alone.

• Backroom

I can tell you straight from the horses mouth at Manchester airport this morning...

"Sam would you ever come back to rovers?"

"No, never"

Thread closed.

I can tell you straight from the horses mouth at Manchester airport this morning...

"Sam would you ever come back to rovers?"

"No, never"

Thread closed.

But Sam, here is a couple of million, oh OK then

Sam is owed an apology. Regardless of our managerial situation. It's gestures like that which might go some way to repairing the God awful name our owners have built. Forget reinstating him. He's out of our league nowadays. But to build the club up again it needs to have a better reputation within the game.

Is he owed an apology, absolutely and not just by Venky's.

All good things, I think most are forgetting that there was no outrage or protests at his sacking, just mild bewilderment amongst most, celebrations by many and some concern from the more level headed and experienced Rovers supporter

Not sure that he's owed an apology by Venkys. He was a manager and they sacked him and that's football. Sure he was adequately compensated. It was a calamitous decision and we are certainly due an apology but don't think he is. The Baldy 1 might be due him an apology but that was settled out of court.

Sam is owed an apology. Regardless of our managerial situation. It's gestures like that which might go some way to repairing the God awful name our owners have built. Forget reinstating him. He's out of our league nowadays. But to build the club up again it needs to have a better reputation within the game.

Well said Patrick. Couldn't agree more. It's not a message for Allardyce but the wider football world, players and prospective managers alike.

Not many managers in the history of the game have received an appology after being sacked even if it was the wrong decision.

Allardyce was well compensated, had also indicated he wanted to leave the summer before but JW said no, so no he doesn't deserve an appology in my book.

The FANS deserve an appology from the owners and the footballing world in general. But I'd not hold your breath, they all @#/? in the same pot the footballing media, and cover each other's arses.

Wonder if Abramovich apologised to Mourinhio?

Doubt it, it's football and business.

Sam did a great job but he left well compensated, I would appreciate it more if Sam came out and blew the lid on the goings on at Ewood in his last days. But.....the non disclosure he's signed (apparently) keeps his jaw from flapping....

Couldn't agree more with Gav though, the fans are long overdue an apology from this wretched group that own the club.

Archived