BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johnson Appointed Rovers Under 21's Manager

Coaching experience at Everton Academy prior to returning to Ewood and he is part of the Northern Ireland Under-21 coaching team so seems a pretty decent appointment, particularly as the Rovers policy is to blood lads in the under-21's at a very young age.

Stop you're spoiling it for everyone.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that when I opened this thread I scrolled through ignored muppets before I got to a sane, sensible post says much for how infested this forum has become.

Damien Johnson has a decent CV and is steeped in the club. I always liked him as a player, all the best to him

No problem with the appointment. If he's good enough, he's good enough. Considering he's a former international, he'll certainly command the respect of the youth players and hopefully has plenty of experience to pass on, despite him being pretty young. He's probably lined up as our next manager so let's hope he's a good'un :P

Has he actually been at the club whilst the u-14s played?

If not, seems strange to immediately promote him.

Good luck to him.

Its all part of the plan Baz. Because we've not got a pot to pee in we'll promote some of the U14's up to U21 level and continue the trend upwards.

Yes they'll probably not be capable of walking by the time they reach 18, but it'll toughen the little blighters up!

Eric Kinder is now overseeing as Phil Cannon was. No problem with the Damian Johnson appointment, ex professional, ex rover and has been down the academy watching the under 18s/16s most Saturday mornings despite the under 14s not being in action, so seems keen enough.

For someone who has only recently retired from playing, he has a hell of a coaching CV. He also has captaincy experience which is always a good sign. The fact that he's made the jump from the U-14s probably means nothing, I suspect he arrived highly-regarded, & the staff just wanted to check him out before promoting him.

The fact that when I opened this thread I scrolled through ignored muppets before I got to a sane, sensible post says much for how infested this forum has become.

Damien Johnson has a decent CV and is steeped in the club. I always liked him as a player, all the best to him

Not exactly "steeped in the club". He came through the academy and briefly played for the first team before being jettisoned for not being good enough. He's not exactly a Simon Garner or David Dunn is he? He does apparently have a promising coaching CV, but most of us, including you , didn't know any of that until Parson informed us. I hope he is successful and seemingly has the tools to do it, but it doesn't make the questions asked any less valid,especially given the club's recent history of appointing people based on their relationship to appoint-er rather than suitability for the job. Thank you to Parson for answering them, it puts things into context and shows that he might just have been appointed for the right reasons for a (refreshing) change.

• Backroom

Not exactly "steeped in the club". He came through the academy and briefly played for the first team before being jettisoned for not being good enough. He's not exactly a Simon Garner or David Dunn is he? He does apparently have a promising coaching CV, but most of us, including you , didn't know any of that until Parson informed us. I hope he is successful and seemingly has the tools to do it, but it doesn't make the questions asked any less valid,especially given the club's recent history of appointing people based on their relationship to appoint-er rather than suitability for the job. Thank you to Parson for answering them, it puts things into context and shows that he might just have been appointed for the right reasons for a (refreshing) change.

What does matter is if the club appointed him BASED on that CV regardless of whether random usernames on the interwebz claimed to know about it or not :P

What does matter is if the club appointed him BASED on that CV regardless of whether random usernames on the interwebz claimed to know about it or not :P

IF is the bit that should be highlighted.

I fear not, but that doesn't mean he isnt the right man. Never disliked the lad, and hope he does a great job.

Archived