BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Final Position Predictions

Edit to DE's post:

If we keep BOWYER Rhodes and Gestede, 10th - 15th.

If we lose Gestede but keep BOWYER and Rhodes, 16th - 20th.

If we lose Rhodes and Gestede, and keep BOWYER relegated.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job you kept it as it's been forgotten about already. If only there was a reporter with enough balls to bring it up when interviewing him !

dont theres any reporters with any balls. We need a roger cook pune edition.

Edit to DE's post:

If we keep BOWYER Rhodes and Gestede, 10th - 15th.

If we lose Gestede but keep BOWYER and Rhodes, 16th - 20th.

If we lose Rhodes and Gestede, and keep BOWYER relegated.

Pretty accurate summary I'd say. Don't see the loss of any other individual being crucial given that they contributed so little last season.

Everything seems to suggest we'll probably be bang mid-table but it's difficult to know with the transfer window still open and players still to move about. I'm no where near as optimistic as at the start of last season when I thought there was a realistic chance of getting the play-offs. That being said if we somehow manage to keep hold of the players we've got now and bring in a good couple of additions to make up for the losses of Cairney/Baptiste then we'll be in a similiar situation to the start of last season.

14th for Rovers

Hull, Middlesbrough automatic

Burnley, Wolves, Ipswich and Brentford play offs.

Paul Clement to be sacked and Derby to under achieve again. Likewise with Kit Symons and Fulham.

QPR to be fined heavily and scrape out of back to back relegations.

Suprise package - MK Dons

Relegated - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bristol City

22nd. If we get into a relegation fight I can't see how we'll turn it round with the club the way it is. If Rhodes and Rudi stay there might be some chance but it will only taske a couple of key injuries to make our squad look way below the standatrd for this league.

Pretty accurate summary I'd say. Don't see the loss of any other individual being crucial given that they contributed so little last season.

Don't agree re Marshall. Even with his big dip in form afrer New Year he contributed far more than any of our other midfileders over the course of the season and I can't see us being able to replace that quality.

14th for Rovers

Hull, Middlesbrough automatic

Burnley, Wolves, Ipswich and Brentford play offs.

Paul Clement to be sacked and Derby to under achieve again. Likewise with Kit Symons and Fulham.

QPR to be fined heavily and scrape out of back to back relegations.

Suprise package - MK Dons

Relegated - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bristol City

What do you mean, they've signed Tom Cairney. That's enough to strengthen them to the point whereby they'll romp the League by ten points according to some.

:closedeyes:

Don't think Bristol City will go down, I'd have them mid table.

Really pointless post roverandout why be a moron? Also if you can't deal with being called a moron.... Don't worry it's just "tongue in cheek" (which seems the legitimate way to get round saying anything on here these days!)

On topic, quite astounded by the amount of negative prediction in this thread, especially considering how open this league can be. Ask Bournemouth and Dingle fans.

Cue; ""but they haven't got boreya" bla bla bla but the point is it's difficult predict what can happen. We could do better than many expect, or worse. Nobody expected Wigan to go down with their players and within that time frame they even had 2 "proven managers" with experience of taking teams up.

Looking at two full seasons of GB, I find it hard to predict anything below 12th. That's just going off his two full seasons - 137 points altogether.

Can you honestly see him staying a full season and getting 30/40 points less than those two seasons? I can't.

You might not be aware of this but the players we are worrying about losing (bar rhodes) are all GB signings. If we keep most and at least one striker- add one or two more like McGuire, Furman etc - I see is going upwards not downwards. Going to make the bold prediction of 5th with Burnley walking the league!

Can (IMO) only see us getting relegated;

1- if we change manager after a bad start and the Venkys rollercoaster of quality drain rolls back into the station or

2. We sell rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Hanley, Steele, Killa, Lowe, Conway etc and not replace.

• Backroom

Really pointless post roverandout why be a moron? Also if you can't deal with being called a moron.... Don't worry it's just "tongue in cheek" (which seems the legitimate way to get round saying anything on here these days!)

On topic, quite astounded by the amount of negative prediction in this thread, especially considering how open this league can be. Ask Bournemouth and Dingle fans.

Cue; ""but they haven't got boreya" bla bla bla but the point is it's difficult predict what can happen. We could do better than many expect, or worse. Nobody expected Wigan to go down with their players and within that time frame they even had 2 "proven managers" with experience of taking teams up.

Looking at two full seasons of GB, I find it hard to predict anything below 12th. That's just going off his two full seasons - 137 points altogether.

Can you honestly see him staying a full season and getting 30/40 points less than those two seasons? I can't.

You might not be aware of this but the players we are worrying about losing (bar rhodes) are all GB signings. If we keep most and at least one striker- add one or two more like McGuire

You might not be aware of this but the players we are worrying about losing (bar rhodes) are all GB signings. If we keep most and at least one striker- add one or two more like McGuire, Furman etc - I see is going upwards not downwards. Going to make the bold prediction of 5th with Burnley walking the league!

1- if we change manager after a bad start and the Venkys rollercoaster of quality drain rolls back into the station or

2. We sell rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Hanley, Steele, Killa, Lowe, Conway etc and not replace.

Furman etc - I see is going upwards not downwards. Going to make the bold prediction of 5th with Burnley walking the league!

If we lose Rhodes and Gestede alone how do we replace the 40+ goals they scored to dig us out of multiple holes last season?

Goals are absolutely crucial and without them it won't matter if we keep Hanley, Steele, Kilgallon or anybody else. We'll be praying for an absolute miracle season from Chris Brown.

Most seem to be predicting around midtable, lower if we lose key players. Hardly negative just realistic.

The "Venkys rollercoaster of quality drain" never left the station both in terms of players and managers.

It's still happening right now. Just look at the quality of those who are on "trial"

It's even happened to your expectation level.

Dumbed down club. Well and truly downtrodden fans.

If we replace Bowyer with an experienced manager (Pearson would do ) keep Gestede and Rhodes and add a few clever loans then Rovers will mount a challenge for the top 6.

If we do the above but lose Gestede , I still think we will mount a challenge for the top 6.

If we keep Bowyer , regardless of the squad at his disposal , we won't mount any promotion challenge and with the current squad will be around 12th.

If we lose Rhodes and Gestede then Rovers will go down , simples . Bowyer is tactically poor and cannot set the team up to be tight at the back , He has no plan B when the match is in progress .The squad he had last season , should of done better and imo would of done with a proper Manager .

Replace Shaw, Replace Bowyer try and hold onto Rhodes and bring in astute management and that may just be that extra 10% this club needs to get the place buzzing again within the stands

If we play in blue and white halves with sponsor's logo on - 17th.

Blue and white halves and at the last minute remove the logo - we're down.

If a minimum of seven players play with the collar turned up - champions.

If all the players play with the collar turned down - relegation and a big fine.

If Rhodes stays and has a lucky crap 15 mins before we run out (each game obviously) - play offs.

If Rhodes does the same but craps at Turf Moor in front of the James Hargreaves stand - 2nd.

If all the Rovers following at Turf Moor crap anywhere they like - champions, FFP abolished, Venky's exiled in Patagonia forever and oil rich Saudi conglomerate announce a takeover.

Mods, he's bullying me, I would like to make a full complaint, I have never done anything to antagonise anyone before, its not fair I tell yous

Archived