BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fode puts Delfounso in one on one and keeper saves :(

That is exactly where Rhodes earns his coin.

People seem to think that if Rhodes goes somebody (or even a group of somebodies) will just step up and fill the goal void. It doesn't work like that.

At the game. Encouraging start. Amateur hour defending for 15 mins resulting in their goal. No killer instinct, Conway looks out of form, Lawrence a shambles. Koita has bags of enthusiasm and effort. Overall, we look like a team trying to "make it happen" and it looks like there's just no real direction. Manager at fault, honestly. The amount of second balls that we don't even challenge for is absurd.

• Backroom

That's the thing, you can't be 'unlucky' all the time. There comes a stage where you have to just say 'the players just can't finish'. Even Andy MisContol scored 1 in 4 easy chances.

You only have to look at the scoring statistics of the players last season not called Rhodes or Gestede to see that without both of these players we'd be in serious trouble.

None of those we've brought in are remotely prolific goalscorers either. Let's hope we can scrape another draw, as scoring more than two with the current team and tactics will be a difficult task to say the least.

Over reaction to conceding first and losing again Gav? Wind it in.

You're the chief protagonist, saying how bad we are and you're 280 miles away!

We've played well first half, let's hope we can get back in it I say, sadly some obviously want us to lose!

At the game. Encouraging start. Amateur hour defending for 15 mins resulting in their goal. No killer instinct, Conway looks out of form, Lawrence a shambles. Koita has bags of enthusiasm and effort. Overall, we look like a team trying to "make it happen" and it looks like there's just no real direction. Manager at fault, honestly. The amount of second balls that we don't even challenge for is absurd.

Don't overreact man, all is well.

That is exactly where Rhodes earns his coin.

People seem to think that if Rhodes goes somebody (or even a group of somebodies) will just step up and fill the goal void. It doesn't work like that.

Yes I agree, however the key issue for us is our defence. Even into his 3rd season GB has not sorted it out.

sadly some obviously want us to lose!

Yeah of course Gav. Poor comment just because people don't share your enthusiasm, you must be some sort of super fan. I'll take the word of the bloke who's at the game that just posted... That sounds like Rovers to me.

Yes I agree, however the key issue for us is our defence. Even into his 3rd season GB has not sorted it out.

True enough.

Our most clean sheets are when the experienced Kilgallon is on the pitch but he is seen only as back up to the younger players. Player transfer value is clearly a major priority for Bowyer.

You're the chief protagonist, saying how bad we are and you're 280 miles away!

We've played well first half, let's hope we can get back in it I say, sadly some obviously want us to lose!

Are you there gav? And your mate might be wearing blue and white tinted specs

Yeah of course Gav. Poor comment just because people don't share your enthusiasm, you must be some sort of super fan. I'll take the word of the bloke who's at the game that just posted... That sounds like Rovers to me.

Next time BW has a gathering we'll discuss it, If you're invited LoL

• Backroom

Rovers twitter - Fode working hard and causing problems

5 minutes later - Fode off

Maybe still lacking in fitness though.

Fancy Barrow to bag today

Archived